Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What was the total CU got from Paypal?

CananCanan Member UncommonPosts: 95
Was the Kickstarter + Paypal enough to get The Depths?

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Not yet is with kickstarter and paypal atm

Grand Total:         $2,320,143
    Kickstarter Total: $2,232,933
    PayPal Total :        $87,210

http://camelotunchained.com/en/donate/

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Canan
    Was the Kickstarter + Paypal enough to get The Depths?

Not yet, but once the team comes back from holidays this Monday, it will pick up again.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

This might sound like I'm starting a fight.. I'm not...

But I could have SWORN that everyone said Europe would contribute once Paypal was available.  84K hardly seems like contributing to me.  Has there been any reasoning behind why it didn't swell like previously thought?

• ExarchiExarchi Member Posts: 17
    I think that was a mistake in their part. A lot of Europeans (myself included) were able to, and had paid via amazon during the kickstarter
  • professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    as mentioned, the CSE team has been on vacation for the last 10 days. i imagine that with new content will come new pledges
  • TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by Ikeda

But I could have SWORN that everyone said Europe would contribute once Paypal was available.  84K hardly seems like contributing to me.  Has there been any reasoning behind why it didn't swell like previously thought?

I hear ya. 

CSE has been on vacation,  No updates, no interviews.  Virtual radio silence.  Little backer interaction.  I expect things will pick up again starting this coming Monday and the PayPal contributions will start rolling in soon thereafter.  While I would be fine with The Depths as a first update or featured DLC, I think the $2.5 million stretch goal will be easily met by the end of the month.

In addition, a lot of folks like me will be increasing their donation via PayPal toward the end of the month just to get more FPs.

No worries.  :)

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100

The Depths will come regardless if we hit the 2.5million mark or not.

If we hit 2.5 million, it'll be in at launch, if not, it'll come as an expansion.

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ikeda
    Eu had real piss poor servers for daoc and war ran by goa. Was particularly annoying if in UK as usa would get a patch, then it would go to goa, they would do French servers first (even though UK players could use usa build) then weeks later UK and German servers would get updated. Got so bad most UK & Irish players played on the usa server prydwen.

I guess a lot of Eu players want to know about the server setup with cu.
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by TigsKC

CSE has been on vacation,  No updates, no interviews.  Virtual radio silence.  Little backer interaction.  

Maybe they took the money and left the country.

Now that would be hysterical...

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

But I could have SWORN that everyone said Europe would contribute once Paypal was available.  84K hardly seems like contributing to me.  Has there been any reasoning behind why it didn't swell like previously thought?

Most people overestimated Paypal's effect for the funding.

I checked at many other KS when we were reaching the last few days, and i estimated a maximum $100,000 that would come from Paypal, (if its kept for 30 days only). and even with $100,000 it was a pretty optimistic prevision, i'm even a bit surprised we are at 87k now

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• supergfunksupergfunk Member UncommonPosts: 95
    Don't forget there will be a surge of backers at the end of the 30day paypal cutoff for Founder's benefits.  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by topographic

CSE has been on vacation,  No updates, no interviews.  Virtual radio silence.  Little backer interaction.  

Well, 2M would pay for a nice party for everyone on an island somewhere. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by topographic

Well, 2M would pay for a nice party for everyone on an island somewhere. image

Yes, yes it would ;-)

• SeitrSeitr Member UncommonPosts: 50

Honestly, I hope they don't reach the 2.5mil to put the Depths in at launch. I would rather all of the resources go into making the core features of the game great rather then them put any focus into The Depths seeing how it is going to be such a huge effort just for a dungeon. I would rather CSE focus on adding one or two more classes and races at 2.5 mil then this.

I really do hope to see it implemented at some point, but I would rather the game release then start development of The Depths.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Originally posted by Seitr

Honestly, I hope they don't reach the 2.5mil to put the Depths in at launch. I would rather all of the resources go into making the core features of the game great rather then them put any focus into The Depths seeing how it is going to be such a huge effort just for a dungeon. I would rather CSE focus on adding one or two more classes and races at 2.5 mil then this.

I really do hope to see it implemented at some point, but I would rather the game release then start development of The Depths.

This is a great point.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by Seitr Honestly, I hope they don't reach the 2.5mil to put the Depths in at launch. I would rather all of the resources go into making the core features of the game great rather then them put any focus into The Depths seeing how it is going to be such a huge effort just for a dungeon. I would rather CSE focus on adding one or two more classes and races at 2.5 mil then this. I really do hope to see it implemented at some point, but I would rather the game release then start development of The Depths.

I have to agree. I'd rather have The Depths for an expansion. A lot is riding on the core game with Rvr and housing being mindblowingly awesome.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen

Originally posted by Seitr Honestly, I hope they don't reach the 2.5mil to put the Depths in at launch. I would rather all of the resources go into making the core features of the game great rather then them put any focus into The Depths seeing how it is going to be such a huge effort just for a dungeon. I would rather CSE focus on adding one or two more classes and races at 2.5 mil then this. I really do hope to see it implemented at some point, but I would rather the game release then start development of The Depths.

I have to agree. I'd rather have The Depths for an expansion. A lot is riding on the core game with Rvr and housing being mindblowingly awesome.

True story, can't help but think that it will detract from the core of the game if it's being pushed for at launch. I'd rather see it when the real game is squared away without having to make a commitment.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Been saying this for months now, we do have credit and debit cards in Europe despite what half this forum think.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264

The "focus on the game!!" stuff is valid, but you have to consider that's what the extra money is for: devs that can focus on the depths. (Or more likely, devs that can help get the core of everything together, THEN get moved to the depths)

If the depths is a launch item, it can be that much more powerful/integrated.

I don't personally care how it goes down, but if we're not going to hit 2.5, I want to see a 2.3 and 2.4 stretch goal that isn't the depths!

Yeah credit cards are just as common in say the UK and Spain as they are north America. The Germans don't seem to have them much though.

I think most of the eu disinterest goes back to the outsourcing of servers to the god awful goa for both daoc and war.

Does anyone know what the server plans for cu are?

Is it just usa servers? If so what coast? Or will their be eu servers? In which case, who will run them?
  • VymmVymm Member Posts: 112

I agree with what people are saying regarding the depths and the 2.5M stretch goal.  I think the depths should be in at launch as it seems to be one of the 'core' elements of the system.  I know we can debate back and forth about this, but let's face it ... the Depths was one of Mark's biggest selling points during the Kickstarter.  I highly doubt they would intend to leave one of the largest talking points off the table.  That being said I think they will have enough cash for development and time if we reach the goal to enable the first dungeon of its' kind.

Remember our money will assist in staff/development costs and obviously they have a highly skilled team who isn't afraid to work and go after what it is they want.

Cheers,

Vymm

• belatucadrosbelatucadros Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Yeah credit cards are just as common in say the UK and Spain as they are north America. The Germans don't seem to have them much though.

I think most of the eu disinterest goes back to the outsourcing of servers to the god awful goa for both daoc and war.

Does anyone know what the server plans for cu are?

Is it just usa servers? If so what coast? Or will their be eu servers? In which case, who will run them?

Mark has said they are planning to host their own servers. location undetermined. in the worst case they can spin one up via amazon.

I think he would have helped his funding if he made a "no goa" statement.

The goa hate Is strong over here.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

The answer about EU servers was answered forever ago. I swear no one bothers to look into these things.

Q: Will there be regional servers or will they all be one region?
    A: Both, hopefully. The plan right now is to have all the servers in Virginia. Now, that will change depending on demand. If we get enough people coming in from Europe, we are totally willing, happy, and able, to set up servers in Europe. That depends on both the demand of those countries as a whole and the question to them ‘do you want to run on European servers or do you want to run on North American servers, using Amazing web-services; which is our plan right now.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• As a European I had no issues pledging through Amazon, so I didn't have to wait for the PayPal option. Very, very few people where I live have no credit card.

GOA won't be hosting CU's servers in Europe since GOA doesn't exist anymore.