Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Solo Elementalist PvP Video

UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Entertaining video, look forward to more from Tycho.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Very nice vid.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Buhah. I love how they use the treasure chest mechanics to "bury" him alive at the end. Fun video. Quality could be better.
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Rock on!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well at least unlike most all games there was a little bit of Zaxis when she was up on the roof and cliff.However after she drops down it is just wide open aiming not much for any other skills.

Does the fire spell have splash damage because i noticed several seem to miss  but caused damage.

The video was a little too choppy to get a good feel for the combat.

When i think elemental however ,i think depth and what a game could or should do.Example several choices of elemental attacks all with purpose.

When i think of a mage type class i think of the large myriad of abilities a mage from FFXI has,where as this seems to be a one trick pony,bunny hopping and shooting out a fire spell,there was nothing more to the combat structure other than the early z-axis pvp.

I know from my many days in pvp gaming that many players seem to stick to one weapon anyhow and one style of combat but i prefer many choices as combat should be more than just aim.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well at least unlike most all games there was a little bit of Zaxis when she was up on the roof and cliff.However after she drops down it is just wide open aiming not much for any other skills.

Does the fire spell have splash damage because i noticed several seem to miss  but caused damage.

The video was a little too choppy to get a good feel for the combat.

When i think elemental however ,i think depth and what a game could or should do.Example several choices of elemental attacks all with purpose.

When i think of a mage type class i think of the large myriad of abilities a mage from FFXI has,where as this seems to be a one trick pony,bunny hopping and shooting out a fire spell,there was nothing more to the combat structure other than the early z-axis pvp.

I know from my many days in pvp gaming that many players seem to stick to one weapon anyhow and one style of combat but i prefer many choices as combat should be more than just aim.

Yes, fire spells do splash damage. The further away from the center of impact the less damage you get. What he also used often was his Fire School ultimate, which does no damage but has an incredible stamina drain (which you need for sprinting, attacking, ... basically everything).

DF Online (the predecessor of DF Unholy Wars) offered exactly the skillset you're imaginating for a "mage type class": A myriad of abilities, either offensive, defensive, supportive, single target, multi target, bolts, nukes, rays, snares, blinds, self-buffs, group-buffs, debuffs ... All serving different purposes. Also it offered different playstyles depending on situation (melee, heavy melee, archery, mid-range magic, long-range magic, ...).

However AV decided to collapse the complexities of all the different Magic Schools DFO had to offer and instead only providing a handful of Skills and Spells, divided into different Schools where oppossing Schools exclude each other (eg Water cannot be used with Fire, Earth cannot be used with Air). That decision has its pro and cons of course.

Regarding the "trick pony / bunny hopping": You need to mention that the video didn't show fights against enemies with skill. Even tho he was outnumbered most of the times, his enemies were still fleeing or resting. And none of the Warriors he fought ever used a Bow, instead they were just running after him like headless chicken, which leads to the "trick pony / hopping / shooting"-playstyle.

• DawgdocDawgdoc Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Necro much?
  • -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
    Good video!!!

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.