Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Marvel Heroes: Marvel Heroes We'd Like to See

13»

Comments

• ZerackusZerackus Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Defenders/Dark Avengers

Zerackus the Bane
    Son of Myrkul
    Undead Lords
    www.undeadlords.net

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

Mr Fantastic and Doc strange!

power to the old guys!! (and two of the more interesting characters over-all)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66

Marvel has extensive list of horrible heroes akin Squirrel Girl ... ppl want to see her just for the lulz..

People will laugh at this game if they include any of them like Rocket Racoon... srsly o_O

I don't see much future for this game the hero list looks crezy big assuming it's mmorpg.

Will there be any class balance ? How about Item drops ? I can't imagine hero specific drops

all the time you'd never get stuff you need.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Beyonder. Lol. I win the thread

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• BenGellorBenGellor Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Pyuk
    The original Kree Soldier, Captain Mar-Vel.

Totally agree here , Mar-Vell would have great powers for this. Nega-Bands !!!

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Angel is too weak. If he land and gets in a fight, anyone just grabs a wing and bends it. Fight over Angle loses. ArchAngel is too much like a demon, would not go over over well in bible belt.

Psylocke is a feminist's nightmare. If she wore a traditional head to toe covering Ninja uniform. If her cup size was an “A”. Compare Squirrel Girl’s uniform to that of Psylocke on this page.

Nightcrawler’s fight scene from X-Men 2 was my favorite thing about the entire series. That said, he is a demon. The bible belt won't care that he is a man, and due to a genetic abnormality looks the way he does. They will see an agent of the devil and nothing more. I have always expected this response to the human torch.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

We should really start an underground campaign going for D-man.

Rats, looks like he's currently dead. Not that that ever mattered in a comic.

Rocket Racer.."he rides a rocket skateboard which is controlled with a walkman."

Should we punish Marvel by requesting their most embarrassing IPs? I mean, someone decided on Squirrel Girl already...?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Actually, yes, Squirrel Girl has a HUGE following and fan-base. No, I don't know why. Yes, I was shocked, too.

I didn't even know Squirrel Girl was a thing until she won one of the player's choice votes for characters that would make it into Marvel vs. Capcom 3. She didn't make it into the game obviously, but it was eluded to that she would be in an upcoming Marvel game. Lo' and behold, here she is. I haven't been reading comics for a while so I don't know her backstory, but I agree she seems a tad...silly. But whatever. 

As far as Marvel Heroes go, if you check out gazillion's other game you can see how quickly they churn out new heroes. Before long you'll be buried in them, and chances are your favorites will make it in sooner or later. I have it on good authority that Gambit, Psylocke and Northstar are in the works, and Xavier is a planned playable hero in the future. Psylocke is already in the game as an NPC, but it was stated prior that heroes that were made into NPCs aren't disqualified as future playable characters as well.

My pick for lesser knowns I'd love to play as; Sage and/or Blink. Those girls are amazing.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by gaou
    Originally posted by Samhael
    I thought Nightcrawler was dead? (and hadn't been brought back to life... yet)

nightcrawler is currently dead but i dont think there is anything that says this game takes place after that

Your probubly right, given how meny of the X-men got killed off or depowered. The only way this game would work is if they keep it before House of M.

As for me X-23 would be my go to girl. Honestly shes more badass than wolverine and almost killed him when they first met.

The newest even repowered basically all of the mutants unfortunately :(

Original nightcrawler is dead. An otherverse version of him has taken his place in the X-men timeline. Don't try to wrap your head around it, you know how these comics get. They're worse than soap operas with all the ressurection/evil twin crap.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• RenatoMarvelRenatoMarvel Member Posts: 3
    Howard the duck!!!! he is an amazing character =D also Man-thing too =D
  • ad0102ad0102 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Katherine Anne "KittyPryd .aka Shadow Cat, and Sarah Rushman .aka Marrow
  • JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

She-Hulk: Because she is just cool.

Invisible Girl/Woman: Becuase she has awsome powers.

Ghost Rider: Aaww the chain, Pentance stare, OH the travel power.

As a side note: I want the Classic Jack Kirby versions of all of these that he drew.  The choices for Thor are incomplete.

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

The game needs custom heroes or it will forever be inferior to CoH. Marvel is proving to still be very much a paper comic and film IP that is throwing its weight around were it doesn't belong. The vibe comming from Marvel is that they believe the MMO genre has to adapt to them rather than the other way around. It is an incredible amount of hubris that will not work out well for them.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    and Xavier is a planned playable hero

Ugh. That means the game-breaker deus ex machina IPs like Onslaught and Legion, Dark Phoenix and the Richards Kids are inevitable?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320
    Where's Darkhawk? He's a great character who was never used to his potential, at least not often. He went from street level, to being retconned, to being cosmic, and now stuck in a bad Survivor parody with a bunch of teens.
  • Matron_FaunaMatron_Fauna Member Posts: 3
    I...have no idea how this would work, or even if it could, but Jamie Madrox aka Multiple Man, I do also sorely echo the desire for Gambit, others I'd like to see Iceman(we've got Torch confirmed), X-23(as maybe a more agile dodge/deflection based version of Wolverine), any of the shape shifters always had a soft spot for Morph, Arclight, I would say Quicksilver but he's too villainy I think..though I'm sure he isn't the only high speed smack talker in Marvel's roster