Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

R.I.P forum

EpicentEpicent Pierre Part, LAPosts: 648Member Uncommon
I was thinking it would be awesome if this website offered a forum section called R.I.P that would be a kind of tribute to some of the mmos that have shut down over the years. They could have a category for each game that has shut down. I realize the games that are shut down are still up on the site but this way they would be compiled. Kind of a tribute to the older games. just a thought.

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Champaign, ILPosts: 1,640Member Uncommon
    I would rather have a tribute to real people who have come and gone in the gaming world.  Then put a game or two in between if someone cared about it.  But it would probably be to depressing.
  • zerocountzerocount The UnderversePosts: 165Member Uncommon
    And there was me thinking you had quit the mmorpg.com forum...
  • filmoretfilmoret Palm Bay, FLPosts: 3,038Member Rare
    RIP World of Warcraft   :P
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • anemoanemo Posts: 980Member Uncommon
    I kind of missed chronicles of spellborn.   didn't get to play it nearly enough to even get fond memories :(

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• PopplePopple Utica, NYPosts: 179Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by zerocount
    And there was me thinking you had quit the mmorpg.com forum...

You been here since 2004 and have only 118 posts..And here i thought you were missed...image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Somewhere, CAPosts: 1,346Member Rare
    I imagine the main topic of discussion would be how the oldschool design is so much better than what we currently have and people lamenting/rejoicing because of it. So, basically, the exact same posts that are already on this website on a daily basis except now there would be a section dedicated for those posts Seems a bit redundant. 
  • MikeBMikeB MMORPG.com Community Manager Queens, NYPosts: 6,026Administrator Uncommon
    Not really necessary for a forum. Feel free to create a topic to discuss 'em in a more general fashion if you like (in The Pub).

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

This discussion has been closed.