Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a huge issue with the new Ragnarok Online ad

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321

I was staring at the female while at work, but then a co-worker came over and said "is that a guy on the right? If not, thats kinda hot".

And then I realized, why does the Ragnarok Online ad make men look like females? This is a very sexist ad, and I hope it gets removed.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    You could also get a life, then you wouldn't have to worry about ads on gaming sites
  • MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

I was staring at the female while at work, but then a co-worker came over and said "is that a guy on the right? If not, thats kinda hot".

And then I realized, why does the Ragnarok Online ad make men look like females? This is a very sexist ad, and I hope it gets removed.

On a site full of Scarlet Blade ads... this is the one that comes across to you as sexist? Think you may  be subconsciously blocking out a few details. :P

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Originally posted by MMOPapa

On a site full of Scarlet Blade ads... this is the one that comes across to you as sexist? Think you may  be subconsciously blocking out a few details. :P

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by StonesDK
    You could also get a life, then you wouldn't have to worry about ads on gaming sites

LMAO!!

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    What really happened: OP thought the dude was a hot chick and is now questioning his sexuality.  It's okay OP. 
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

Has your 30 seconds ended yet?

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I would have to say when it comes to adds on this site I am tired of the scarlet blade adds have not really seen any of  the ragnarok adds.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

What's wrong with more feminine looking men? There are all kinds of men out there that all look different and have different features and body shapes/types. I think it's refreshing that for once an add doesn't display a man as a huge manly-man. As for how it's sexist... Well you've completely lost me there.

Smile

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Oh boy... SB ad threads weren't enough, now Ragnarok ad? :) What's next, the two camps romp each other, clash of the titans style? :)

I checked it without adblock, and I don't see much difference (except the art style and drawing ofc). Maybe just my glasses. Dunno.

Anyways, http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/644/layfree.jpg

blonde vs. blonde!  shoulder vs. cleavage!  lay free, act now!  Let's get ready to rumble!  :D

(which is trademarked I guess, so credits goes to Mr. Buffer)

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361

lol this thread is hilarious. No I am not mocking.

Rather than removing the ad, you may want to contact Ragnarok Online's company and suggest them to put some manly men into the ad instead.

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Originally posted by redcapp
    What really happened: OP thought the dude was a hot chick and is now questioning his sexuality.  It's okay OP. 

Originally posted by Razeekster

What's wrong with more feminine looking men? There are all kinds of men out there that all look different and have different features and body shapes/types. I think it's refreshing that for once an add doesn't display a man as a huge manly-man. As for how it's sexist... Well you've completely lost me there.

i think that about covers it OP.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

He kind of reminded me of one of the characters in the 1980's version of Voltron..

The girl has a kooky cuteness with the big, sparkly eyes and the toothy grin. Cartoon like as well but not the same era.

I've never tried to hide my inner kid. If people want to judge, I CBA to worry about it. I am what I am. You need conviction, OP.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

That's strange because I see his post as someone who is actually engaged in life, all things that  happen around them as opposed to someone like you who is stating to put your head in the sand and ignore things.  Telling someone to get a life is nothing more than telling someone to "**ckoff".

Hmm.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by chelan

Originally posted by redcapp

Originally posted by Razeekster

i think that about covers it OP.

I'm sure you have all realized that at this point nearly all Korean developers have in their ads depicted males as nothing more than women without breasts, and in some cases have even tailored the clothing to look like they actually have them.   So what you are looking at is the transformation of the male player character into hermaphrodite's in Korean video games.

But hey if that's your thing then game on and enjoy the ads.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I bet it's not that huge....