Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Silly Poll] Where are the WoW players going?

13»

Comments

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

LOL, yeah, the PVP community has finally left the building... um, can I ROFL now?

• MOBAs probably. That genre has truly exploded.
  • ElderRatElderRat Member CommonPosts: 899
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by slickbizzle

I'd say a lot of lost players are young adults now, and are getting on with life.

It happens.

Where are the young children who are now young teens to replace these ?

texting

Currently bored with MMO's.

• zwei2zwei2 Member Posts: 361
    To pay their 5 years due bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The possibility of the universe collapsing into a singularity is higher than the birth of a perfect MMORPG.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Funny little anecdote, 2 of my WoW guildies went back to SWTOR after the announcement that it was doing so well lol.

Go f**kin figure...

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    As bad as the genre has become, it wouldnt be half as good without wow. I dont care what game your playing its full of old wow players. Wow is what gets this genre exposure. It's not a good thing 1.3 million have gone to other games or just left gaming so quickly. It's just another indicator of the state of mmorpgs.

I totally disagree.  WoW damaged the genre more than it helped.  All WoW did was cash in on the carebear crowds who couldn't figure out EQ.  Fast forward about a decade and behold the result: A generation of gamers groomed on instant gratification while sub-par f2p mmos are pumped out monthly.  Thanks, WoW.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by p4ttythep3rf3ct
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    As bad as the genre has become, it wouldnt be half as good without wow. I dont care what game your playing its full of old wow players. Wow is what gets this genre exposure. It's not a good thing 1.3 million have gone to other games or just left gaming so quickly. It's just another indicator of the state of mmorpgs.

I totally disagree.  WoW damaged the genre more than it helped.  All WoW did was cash in on the carebear crowds who couldn't figure out EQ.  Fast forward about a decade and behold the result: A generation of gamers groomed on instant gratification while sub-par f2p mmos are pumped out monthly.  Thanks, WoW.

Its WoW's fault no company has been able to copy them properly?

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

My guess is they are being ripped off by trading card rpgs in the mobile app market instead.

Which is why Blizzard is making Hearthstone.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Zzad
    The Secret World, Guild Wars 2 or Neverwinter missing in the list?Really?

It wasn't a comprehensive, or even a serious list. I mean, some thought went into it, but not much.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by residentx
    Add 'Still looking" to the list.

You can't change a poll once it's up.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I ate them.  *burp*  Sorry.

• WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411
    My time has been consumed by my new RL profession as a Cat Juggler. I have been inundated with bookings that I have had to recruit others to juggle cats for the gigs I couldn't attend to a huge demand.
  • Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    They're not going anywhere specifically, because the market is flooded with short-term F2P crap.  I don't see that changing any time soon, either.

Their not going anywhere specifically because their are plenty of great games (MMO and otherwise) out there.  wow isn't even ok.  but, Im all about the kiddies having their panda bears.

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by lizardbones
    The land mass is real and was recently discovered 900 miles off the coast of Brazil. Scientists think it sank millions of years ago.

After further research, turns out it was just the Great Atlantic Garbage Patch. The new "GreenLand."

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• CrisazgoCrisazgo Member Posts: 42

I lost all respect for blizzard as a company. I played wow since release and love the game but their ignorance and greed is disgusting. You pay a monthly fee yet they refuse to sort any server imbalances or do anything to the dead ones. My entire guild was forced to pay big money to move off our server at the end of cata. Due to it becoming one of the many 95% horde pvp servers(we were alliance), our city became a ghosttown and the economy disappeared . I ended up spending so many euros to move all my alts with my main.

Seemed to be a common thing they allow faction and server transfers but didnt control it to prevent imbalances and now they just sit there laughing as people that actually want to play the game give them 20 euro fees to get onto a populated server.

I did eventually quit a few months into MoP. The unbelievable amount of daily quest were the final straw as i wanted to atleast play 1 alt & main. Spent whole day doing the same quests over and over to repeat them the next day, im not paying for that anymore.