Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Release date tbd soon...

k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61825

It appears ffxiv a real reborn will be released sometime this summer in english, japanese, french and german all at the same time on PC and Ps3. SE is going to announce the actual date at the end of this month. If they fixed most of the stuff they needed to I will be glad to get my hands on this. We will see though.

Comments

• UticoUtico Member Posts: 3
    I know this might be the wrong thread, but where can I find the information to buy or pre-order? I'm not seeing anything offical here.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    There is no purchase needed is there like with expansions or anything if one bought the FF XIV?  Also have they said anything on any downloading of the game available?  Deleted the game and the CDs are buried in one of the boxes in storage.  Rather not have to rumage through em to search for the CDs.
  • MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494
    Originally posted by furbans
    There is no purchase needed is there like with expansions or anything if one bought the FF XIV?  Also have they said anything on any downloading of the game available?  Deleted the game and the CDs are buried in one of the boxes in storage.  Rather not have to rumage through em to search for the CDs.

Yes its free if you own a valid account/serial key.

There will be a download.

Your old CD's would have done no good anyways because it is an entirely new game, you can't "update" the old FFXIV to ARR, only character data was migrated.  The old files however are useless.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by Utico
    I know this might be the wrong thread, but where can I find the information to buy or pre-order? I'm not seeing anything offical here.

Pre-orders will be taken sometime at the end of this month.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61825

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.