Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who still think d3 is better than poe?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

i can say small GGG grupa doing better job then  Blizzard

GGG

- poe is f2p and not p2w!

- they already killed gold  spammers

- they care for players

- they listening players what they want

- every week new patch

- we have pvp!

- we have endgame!

- we have  great passive tree

- we have race events

some ppls still think d3 is better then poe tell me reasion why?

sorry for my bad englis

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    [mod edit]

Hate to say "this" 

but

This

ARPG's jsut don't do it for me like they did 15+ years ago.  love the action but constant clicking and isometric view is immersive breaking.  WOuld love to see a 3rd person ARPG with a hotbar, WSAD movement and LMB/RMB attacks......ohh wait, Neverwinter ftw.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Torchlight 2 is better than both. Plus unlike both, it fully supports mods.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Not played poe

But tl2 is way better than d3

And I loved first 2 diablos
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Hows about this . . .

At first when I beta'd both PoE and D3, I loved D3 way more. So when it came out I played it until the inferno wall and gave up in A2.

Then when PoE went open beta I loved it and thought it better than D3! Played it nonstop for 3 weeks only to end up feeling the same way I did with D3 except for the fact that D3 actually has fun combat. So I went back to D3.

Played D3 for a little while longer with the paragon updates - leveled some more 60's and had fun.

But now I'm done with both of them, though I will say, they're both fun in their own way. D3 shines in terms of combat, the fact that you can make fun builds that actually play differently from each other is the best part.

PoE is better for loot and theory crafting until you hit the wall and the rose tinted glasses come off when you realize that there are almost no differences in playstyles between builds. Very little. The abilities are really boring (flashy particle effects, but boring). They all boil down to how you want to deal your damage whereas D3 changes how you interact with mobs when you change your skills.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by davc123

GGG

There is no P2W in Diablo 3. There is an auction house, but it's purely optional.

I never see any in D3, aside from the occasional in-game mail.

- they care for players

There's never been any indication that Blizzard doesn't.

Judging from the changes made to D3 since launch, so does Blizzard.

- every week new patch

So? That could easily indicate that the game is buggier and needs more fixing. It certainly isn't as polished as D3

- we have pvp!

So does D3.

- we have endgame!

It's the same endgame as every other ARPG ever made: Grind for loot.

That's subjective. The tree is still far too large, and only really gives the illusion of depth. Furthermore without any practical way of respeccing, it discourages experimentation with builds among players who don't have a lot of time to play. If you don't have time, you follow a template as in D2, simple as that.

- we have race events

One thing PoE does do well are the leagues. So you can have this one.

D3's combat is much smoother and more fun. The skills overall are more interesting & flashy, and the skill system is far superior since it actively encourages experimentation.

The aesthetics are much better, with graphics in a timeless style that will look great for years to come. PoE's characters & objects look like shiny plastic.

D3's story, while poor, is much better than the near nonexistent one in PoE.

Overall, D3 is a much more polished, fun game. Combat is the #1 thing in these types of games, and D3 does it very, very well. Combat in PoE, while competent, feels quite clunky sometimes

PoE is a good game, but it's very much an amateur production (which shows painfully sometimes). I applaud them for trying a few new things, but most ultimately fall short of what is expected in a game released in this day and age.

Oh, and gender locked classes. 'Nuff said.

Can't forget always-on DRM. People give it a free pass because the game costs nothing, but the same complaint levied at D3 (can't play in situations where the internet isn't available) still applies in full.

sorry for my bad englis

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

Overall, D3 is a much more polished, fun game. Combat is the #1 thing in these types of games, and D3 does it very, very well

why then lost alot of ppls? they sold +6,3mil copy  now maybe still have 100.000  ppls

poe have endgame maps not only grind loot

gold spammers

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796590088

and  The tree skill  is not too large  and is not realy hard respect

and we have too crafting system :D

d3 endgame  =same arene over and over agein

• DarengyDarengy Member Posts: 4
    Honestly, I rather play guild wars 2 .. currently this game is one of the good games now, I am not hyping it, but I know that there are players agreed to me...  really innovative game of the year.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

GW2 isn't even in the same genre.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't like PoE. Its skill tree is more confusing than deep, its visuals are underwhelming, its skills are mostly very boring and the "hardcore" loot timers make grouping with randoms annoying. D3 isn't great in many ways, but at least it's polished.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Tl2 Is the least repetitive, the random map generator is much more random than the d3 one, theres more build variety per class - e.g. wand zerkers, tank mages and there's all the mods and user created levels on steamworks, plus free editor to make your own.

And its just as, if not more polished than d3.

Only downside Is pvp, but these sort of games make for poor pvp anyway - imo.
  • Friend and I bought TL2 recently. And I don't know, it just gets boring very quickly. I had a lot more fun playing D3. The combat is just a lot more interesting somehow. We've played around 5 hours total and he's like "man, this is kind of yawn" and I had to agree with him.
  • dennis5dennis5 Member CommonPosts: 23

GGG

- they care for players

- every week new patch

- we have pvp!

- we have endgame!

- we have race events

sorry for my bad englis

you also have desync problem..... Nonetheless d3 is an inferior game and gets boring after a while. Poe is better but desync sux..

• MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by InsaneDale

There is no P2W in Diablo 3. There is an auction house THAT YOU COULD USE REAL MONEY ON AT ONE POINT IN TIME, but it's purely optional.

You left a little something out, so I edited it to help you. RMAH was the perfect definition of Pay-to-Win. Being that "winning" in an ARPG (to most) is the accumulation of all the pieces of gear you dream of. Being able to pay to reach that goal, which to some is considered 'winning' (as I previously mentioned) would easily translate to 'Paying to Win', whether it's optional or not doesn't matter.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351

I did not realize that PoE was even in the running for a good ARPG.

Honestly comparing it to D3 or TL2 seems a bit insane. PoE is amateur hour of this genre, although some interesting factors nothing that would make me choose it over D3 or TL2.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

D3's combat is slightly faster paced and, I think better overall.  POE still has good combat, its just not AS good.  D3's weapons and gear look cooler imo.

Other then that - yeah, POE pretty much does everything better.

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

GGG

- they care for players

- every week new patch

- we have pvp!

- we have endgame!

- we have race events

sorry for my bad englis

Whether or not a game is good or bad is subjective opinion. in my opinion they are great games but they both have the same fail feature you must be online to play. If you want to see a good dungeon crawler game look at Torchlight, Torchlight 2, Dungeon Siege, and Dungeon Siege 2(Plus Expansion Pack). None of these games require an internet connection to play.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Out of all three games, I played D3 the most. POE had really bad graphics and the combat was very mediocre. The way your characters look is horrible and the item skins are not very impressive. I was impressed by that large tree at first but then I realised that out of the 1000 things on there 80% were just stat boosts like +10 int, +10 dex etc. That is kinda boring!

Torchlight 2 didn't have any closed server which is a deal breaker for me. And the graphics were very cartoony. 

D3, even though I don't play it anymore, is the best out of the three in my opinion.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.