Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would yuo play gw2 with montly fee

nerbonnerbon Member Posts: 28
even like 5 bucks ...

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    No. I own it and don't play with a zero sub...
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    If they removed the cash shop.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    No because it's a single player game disguised as an MMO.
  • SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    considering i aint playing even without sub, answer would be NO!
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    I rarely even play it now, why would I pay for it.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Games with cash shops and subs are a bigger scam than f2p games that sell raid gear and pvp boosts. So no...I wouldn't pay a sub for gw2.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Maybe for $5. Not for $15. Its a quality but somewhat boring game. It doesn't really inspire me to want to blow much cash on it.

• Pr0tag0ni5tPr0tag0ni5t Member UncommonPosts: 259

Hell to the no

• AeonZenAeonZen Member Posts: 43

Let;s just say I hope ArcheAge is a sub game.. for the love of all that is holy let it be a sub game!

I still play GW2 for the record.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I wouldn't pay a subscription for any game, at all, ever.  Though I do highly support doubling and tripling the imposed monthly rates that P2P charges because those people that don't mind probably wouldn't mind more. In fact, I've posed the question before and there are people out there that believe a higher monthly sub would make for a better game.  People have said they would be glad to pay $50 each month for Camelot Unchained. Sounds great to me.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    A lot of you are saying No, but which MMO would you want to pay a subscription for?  The current MMOs on the market?  The only one i would pay monthly for is WoW, and that's because it has so much content now, and i enjoy most of it, and am familiar with.  As for GW2, or any other MMO currently, i would have to say no.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I would play if they paid me $15 a month.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I wouldn't pay a subscription to any game, ever again. after playing GW2 it  really makes me feel like i was getting ripped off. 

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Honestly, yes I would. The games has its flaws, but it's still the best game on the market, IMO. Though, for the record, I think its current business model is perfect and I would love to see it become the new standard - the box purchase reduces or destroys the need for pay to win and the aesthetics + convenience cash shop protects users from a subscription. 
  • TabmoweTabmowe Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    No. I own it and don't play with a zero sub...

This

• fumoffu1fumoffu1 Member Posts: 32
    no. i dontz own it and i would not play it  for free or p2p
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    I won't pay a sub for any game from now on ....it's B2P or nothing sub games are a rip off
  • isslingissling Member UncommonPosts: 162
    I don't play it now but own it  like some people have said. I don't like ftp or cash shops but have been thinking that some of these games could get me to play if the game was free but there was a monthly subscribtion:) If Darkfall UW was free to own then just a monthly sub I would give them a try.
  • SkelotonSkeloton Member Posts: 5
    Honestly I don't see the purpose of this question i mean, we already bought the game so we could play it with no monthly subscription then here are some random guy asking if we will play the game if it's monthly subscription? hmm honestly I will for Guild wars 2 if it's like the on the first place.. because the game is really good for me I will buy the monthly subscription but but but... what is the purpose of monthly subscription if the game is already caters different features.... :)
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

why are people so against cash shops 

if you dont want anything from the shop  then it dont cost you a dime

if you do then you pay a little money (a lot less than  a subscription)

have you seriously looked in the cash shop in gw2 there isnt very much in there i have 40k gems and find it difficult  to buy anything

i wouldn't pay a sub for gw2  its  difficult for  me to justify the cost of a sub 

any sub based game would need to be  worth the sub money

and to date no mmo has ever been worth the sub money

• tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283

Stupid question.

I dont want to pay sub for any game because its been shown its a rip off.

I dont want to be ripped off.

No sub for any game.

Pretty simple.

OTOH, i would play more MMOs if those were setup/quality like GW2 (inclluding quality/monthly updates/huge world/payment options....) and would even throw some more money at those if those deserved it (like i do in GW2)

No, 15/month isnt really something to write home about.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Skeloton
    Honestly I don't see the purpose of this question i mean, we already bought the game so we could play it with no monthly subscription then here are some random guy asking if we will play the game if it's monthly subscription? hmm honestly I will for Guild wars 2 if it's like the on the first place.. because the game is really good for me I will buy the monthly subscription but but but... what is the purpose of monthly subscription if the game is already caters different features.... :)

Well i bet it is the very question their CEO and board asked themselves before releasing the game.

This is also why every game coming out is still in limbo,they are going over the decision with all their big brass.

It really is a huge question to ask yourself as a developer because if you figure you can start with a sub and nobody plays,you may never get them back even for free.

Personally,i hate the little quirks with allowing free to play.Example i am in Neverwinter,what i think of the game does not matter,when i am in playing,i don't bother chat channels.However chat is full of people that just go in for free to be dicks  and rant about how Wow is better.Also f2p allows RMT a much cheaper alternative to flooding a game with their clients.

Cheating also becomes less an issue when you have less to lose.I am one of those  who would gladly pay more for a better quality game,it keeps riff raff out,makes it tougher for rmt and cheats.

The developer simply does not care about  ramifications,they only care  about dollar signs.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    I rarely even play it now, why would I pay for it.

Same here.

• HkelementalHkelemental Member UncommonPosts: 10

I believe I would pay a monthly fee for GW2. What everyone has to understand though is that it depends on how you consume the content. If you're a one and done type of consumer then you're not going to get much out of Guild Wars 2. If you take your time and enjoy the content, and you aren't funding your subscription with your allowance or food money, then there is a large amount of content that you can experience in different ways/more than once.

edit: expanding on one and done:get to level cap and be the best there ever was, etc...

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758
    Originally posted by pantheron
    I wouldn't pay a subscription to any game, ever again. after playing GW2 it  really makes me feel like i was getting ripped off. 

Exactly the way  feel. The sub model is all but dead.