Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW Down 8.3 Miilion Subscribers

Comments

• Stryx74Stryx74 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by delete5230
    Well people are getting hacked

We are in 2013, not 2009

Got hacked about 5x in a one years time back around 2011, called them, chnged passwards..

Gave up because the GAME WENT TO CRAP ANYWAY !

9 million my butt hole, repeat after me " Marketing "

Not sure I'd mention that to anybody. You get hacked when you do stupid things like respond to fake e-mails or practice crappy internet security or type your password in places it doesn't belong. Played for six years and never had my account compromised once. Five times in one year is just irresponsible. 

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Tierless

2 million people just figured out that they don't like hamster wheels.

No they probably just went looking for one that isn't 9 years old.

like what ?

I havent heard of any of the newer mmo's getting a massive surge of players...and being smaller, a small swell of only a few hundred thousand would be instantly recognised.

only growing numbers i know of are in eve which is 10 years old. 

Games that are not released here in the states?  Go look up games that are being localized.  Archeage being one of them, and many more are in the works.  Many also have action combat which seems to be a new trend in MMOs.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Boring game is boring and people are quitting in droves. Yawn, could see it coming from a mile away when MoP details were released. 
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by topographic
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    An ~9 year old MMO that loses players...omg that's something new XD

Yeah. I'll become concerned when it has as many players as GW2...around 2040.

can you should your math ? because if Q1 repeats itself, it won't happen too many times. in fact it'd take until end of 2014...

Can you should your English?

Ma cam indoiesc ca poti sa vorbesti o limba straina mai bine ca mine...

Is that Romanian, Ohio-style?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Never played it and I dread the day when people start reminiscing about the good old days in WoW,  much like they do with UO SWG and DoAc.

*sigh

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Nice :). Now they have 8.3 mil +1. I subscribed again. I would like to play some other mmo beside Eve and WOW but there is nothing worth to play
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Where the hell do you people get your sub numbers from? 

One place i read WoW was down to 7 million subs from its peak around Wrath of the Lich King of 11-12 million.

Now they have 8 million subs and only lost 2 million?

There is a huge difference between a game losing 2 out of the 10 million players and the game losing 4-5 out of the 11-12 million players(40% of peak base)

Is this all nothing but a bunch of people just speculating on information they have no idea about?

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by markibog
    I feel sad WOW is going down millions of subscribers, Maybe people tired of doing dailies everyday or move to others games which is B2P game.

You do know they HAVE around 8.3 million subs, right? image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192

Honestly, who gives a shit? They still have more subs than any other mmorpg on the market by far. Population, this game has it

Killing dragons is my shit

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

Originally posted by itbewilly
    Where the hell do you people get your sub numbers from? One place i read WoW was down to 7 million subs from its peak around Wrath of the Lich King of 11-12 million.Now they have 8 million subs and only lost 2 million?There is a huge difference between a game losing 2 out of the 10 million players and the game losing 4-5 out of the 11-12 million players(40% of peak base)Is this all nothing but a bunch of people just speculating on information they have no idea about?
    Activision Blizzard's financial report.

The 7 million figure is a guess(no official numbers were released) from when WoW was temporarily banned in China.

Here's the PDF if you want to see for yourself, page 2

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/2467905505x0x661909/7302db20-fd71-4d87-b4c3-9a76620ce038/ATVI_Q1_2013_press_release.pdf

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

How the people running WoW feel:

Let it be news when / if it's ever down to 1 million or less. Right now it's not a big deal.

• SerenesSerenes Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    An ~9 year old MMO that loses players...omg that's something new XD

Yeah. I'll become concerned when it has as many players as GW2...around 2040.

can you should your math ? because if Q1 repeats itself, it won't happen too many times. in fact it'd take until end of 2014...

If you think it will keep falling at the same pace I think you are going to be disappointed.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

They lost 1 million ++ subs within 3 month. 

1 million ++ players = Kotick bonus getting lesser.

Some of Blizz devs will get fired for it.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

Originally posted by xmenty

They lost 1 million ++ subs within 3 month. 

1 million ++ players = Kotick bonus getting lesser.

Some of Blizz devs will get fired for it.

You realize even with the losses the company set record earnings right?

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

blizzard are fools

they had a mmo which on average must have been bringing in  roughly 60 million pounds a month for the last 10 years

a lot of mmos wont even see 60 million  in the life time of the game

why blizzard weren't  investing more in to content is a crime

its not like they couldn't afford it

they should have had content updates monthly they could have afforded  12 teams to produce a content up date once a year

they had time and money to do this

imagine a wow with a free expansion pack worth of content a month

no one would have left they could also of got rid of all the grinding and  dailies  and everything players found boring

and today we wouldn't be talking about blizzard losing customers we would have been talking about the 30 million subscribers

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Never played it and I dread the day when people start reminiscing about the good old days in WoW,  much like they do with UO SWG and DoAc.

*sigh

Must not read what players and ex-players post about then. There are a somewhat large majority of posts are already about the good 'ole days.

Personally I think the game went downhill from about the time they introduced the Arena. Not just because of that. But thats about when they really started with the design mentality of substituting rep grinding for actual playable content.

In other words they got lazy, and just made people grind rep thru dailies and what-not so they didnt have to spend real design dollars on new quests, areas, NPCs, loot drops, randoms and so on.

The Isle of Quel'danas is the pinnacle and start of Blizzards lazy game design. And Im glad its coming back to bite them in the ass.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I think it has to be stated once again:

WoW is down TO 8.3m subs, not down 8.3m. There's a world of difference.

That said, it still goes extremely strong.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    It's far from dead, it does however need a overhaul to give the game a little more consistency.
  • SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Most of the losses are in China/East Asia, the game market there is kicking WoW in the ass a lot, the competition is vast.

• DarengyDarengy Member Posts: 4
    That's because of the wow killer games :)))
  • Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by itbewilly

Where the hell do you people get your sub numbers from? 

One place i read WoW was down to 7 million subs from its peak around Wrath of the Lich King of 11-12 million.

Now they have 8 million subs and only lost 2 million?

There is a huge difference between a game losing 2 out of the 10 million players and the game losing 4-5 out of the 11-12 million players(40% of peak base)

Is this all nothing but a bunch of people just speculating on information they have no idea about?

From Activision/blizzard, it is after all a publicly traded company required to file their financials Quarterly.

enjoy. 

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    This game needs real pvp.  More 5man pve content. More to do for the Non- casual player.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Originally posted by NBlitz

Let it be news when / if it's ever down to 1 million or less. Right now it's not a big deal.

you obviously don't have to answer to their shareholders.  Its like owning stock in McDonalds and they report 2 million less customers buying their burgers.  Sure they still got millions of other customers, but that's kinda not the point.   When you bleed customers its a problem and with no answer forthcoming its a scary problem when you are invested in a company.

Originally posted by Skuz

Most of the losses are in China/East Asia, the game market there is kicking WoW in the ass a lot, the competition is vast.

how ignorant of fininancial trends some of you people are.  YUM brands, which owns KFC, taco Bell and Pizza Hut makes a KILLING in Asia, especially China.  IT IS A HIGHLY VALUED, PROFITABLE MARKET.  Here in the states McDonalds rules, but they are at wits end trying to find an answer to what YUM is accomplishing in china especially.  Don't dismiss a market just because it isn't in your backyard.  Money is money, it don't matter where it comes from and Asia is a big market my friend.  Hope you learned something today.

Originally posted by Tyvolus4
    Originally posted by NBlitz

you obviously don't have to answer to their shareholders.  Its like owning stock in McDonalds and they report 2 million less customers buying their burgers.  Sure they still got millions of other customers, but that's kinda not the point.   When you bleed customers its a problem and with no answer forthcoming its a scary problem when you are invested in a company.

Yes it is concerning but not that much, as long as the company is profitable and earning money and not losing, if I'm not mistaken the stocks that very day went up and not down, even with that crushing news investors did not sell or bail out, because the company is still making butt loads of money.