Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I quit now or...

13»

Comments

• chondro69chondro69 Member CommonPosts: 53

I have NEVER bashed Neverwinter even 1 time yet I've been accused of bashing it over and over again! Asking a question is bashing a game? When I say its not my PC what im saying is that something in the way they built Neverwinter does not like my rig. If my rig Exceeds minimum requirements  and I have the latest updates and driver ect then how is it MY pc? Should they not build a game that works with my rig if I have met ALL their requirments?

And for all of you acting like im the only one having these issues... Go to the perfect world forums and look! there are TONS of people who are having problems like mine! TONS!!!

I understand there are people who have NO issues and some people that are having LOTs of issues and those issues really depend on a lot of things but I my Original question do you think they will fix the issues on there end that causes there game to not like my PC? I know games come out with patchs all the time to fix problems... like example some games were having problems running XP or Vista so in time game companys FIX it on there end with patchs ect... the problems is not XP or VISTA the problem was the game didn't like XP or VISTA making it a GAME problem not XP or VISTA problem ... XP and Vista did everything it was suppose to the game company just needed to adjust/fix there game to run on those OP systems... Just an example

I am in NO way bashing this game at all! I really want to play this game Just don't want to have to buy 20 different PCs to play 20 different games even though I MEET AND EXCEED THEIR REQUIRMENTS 100FOLD!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Q6600 oc to 3.02

8 gig DDR 3 RAM

GTX 280 1 gig card

Pretty old computer but runs Neverwinter just fine on high settings. I get the odd stutter from time to time but nothing game breaking.

I keep thinking about upgrading but there are so few games that stretch even my average PC its just not worth it.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
    Posting your system specs would help.

Third post nails it, OP post your system specs, there might be a glaring bottleneck your not seeing.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by chondro69

I have NEVER bashed Neverwinter even 1 time yet I've been accused of bashing it over and over again! Asking a question is bashing a game? When I say its not my PC what im saying is that something in the way they built Neverwinter does not like my rig. If my rig Exceeds minimum requirements  and I have the latest updates and driver ect then how is it MY pc? Should they not build a game that works with my rig if I have met ALL their requirments?

And for all of you acting like im the only one having these issues... Go to the perfect world forums and look! there are TONS of people who are having problems like mine! TONS!!!

I understand there are people who have NO issues and some people that are having LOTs of issues and those issues really depend on a lot of things but I my Original question do you think they will fix the issues on there end that causes there game to not like my PC? I know games come out with patchs all the time to fix problems... like example some games were having problems running XP or Vista so in time game companys FIX it on there end with patchs ect... the problems is not XP or VISTA the problem was the game didn't like XP or VISTA making it a GAME problem not XP or VISTA problem ... XP and Vista did everything it was suppose to the game company just needed to adjust/fix there game to run on those OP systems... Just an example

I am in NO way bashing this game at all! I really want to play this game Just don't want to have to buy 20 different PCs to play 20 different games even though I MEET AND EXCEED THEIR REQUIRMENTS 100FOLD!

My apologies.  I misread your post.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

I've had issues in the 3rd closed beta with my 7750G Acer laptop once I hit the city after the starting zone, haven't gotten around to playing it in the Open Beta yet so cannot say if I still have the issue but I am saying that a laptop which has well above minimum specs for the game had 5-10 fps (on lowest settings) in the city on the 3rd beta weekend.

As others have stated PWE and Cryptic will likely fix these driver compatibility issues in time as their choice of game engine and graphics tells me that they're aiming for a wide audience ergo solving these sorts of issues will have a blanket effect in increasing their potential playerbase ergo it would be in their own best interest as it would bring in more cash in the long term.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    this thread is awesome totally brought some laughter into my day! Thank you!
  • sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

I'm guessing he doesn't know how to get his system specs or he would have posted them by now. Or he is just trolling...

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• Tyvolus4Tyvolus4 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
    Did you come here to just bitch or for help? Post your system specs if you want help. Doesn't matter if it is "powerful" enough to max other games, there may be a driver issue or something similar.

he just came here to make some drama.  if he hasn't posted his system specs by now, its clear he is full of .....

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Tyvolus4
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey Did you come here to just bitch or for help? Post your system specs if you want help. Doesn't matter if it is "powerful" enough to max other games, there may be a driver issue or something similar.
     he just came here to make some drama.  if he hasn't posted his system specs by now, its clear he is full of .....

^

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DaggerjaydoDaggerjaydo Member UncommonPosts: 121

Bottom part of the video tab, is a troubleshooting button. I hit that and enable the option to run DirectX 11 instead of Direct X 9. That helped a lot, but I still think it could be better. 

I hope they optimize it more soon.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

So trade in  my $3500.00 PC and but a premade Dell hunk of crap from Costco so I can play neverwinter? That's the answer lol

3500 pc? thats mean you computer is old mate good pc now days dont need to even spend 2k wish mean ur pc have 4-5 years old you can build anew and better whit 1k 1200 depend  and c if that fix the problem

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by dadante666

So trade in  my $3500.00 PC and but a premade Dell hunk of crap from Costco so I can play neverwinter? That's the answer lol

3500 pc? thats mean you computer is old mate good pc now days dont need to even spend 2k wish mean ur pc have 4-5 years old you can build anew and better whit 1k 1200 depend  and c if that fix the problem

Oh my, what are you talking about?

If you think you can't still buy $3000+ PCs then I don't really know what else to say.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by dadante666

Oh my, what are you talking about?

If you think you can't still buy $3000+ PCs then I don't really know what else to say.

Thank you All for your support and concern! Thanks for listening and caring! Good news is the problem is now fixed and after all this BS it ended up being the muffler bearing. Drove my PC down to the local scarp parts store and Tig welded a new one on and now im flying Full on 1920x1080 res with MAX settings and 150 fps! THIS BAD BOY IS FLYIN! Might even hit the Drag strip this weekend.

Thanks again everybody

Originally posted by Daggerjaydo

Bottom part of the video tab, is a troubleshooting button. I hit that and enable the option to run DirectX 11 instead of Direct X 9. That helped a lot, but I still think it could be better. 

I hope they optimize it more soon.

Thank you Dagger! This was the problem. Funny thing is you cant even tell  those options exsist unless you mouse scroll down lol. It was your post and by chance that allowed me to see the 500 other options available to adjust for settings. Like the Advance and trouble shooting wasn't even showing up on  my screen! User error and bad optimizing on there part!

Seriously thanks

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94

So it's not the game companys job to make a game run on ALL diff type of configurations and settings as long as you meet the min requirements? its not their job to make sure a game that will be played by hundreds of different types of PCs plays well for everyone??

Just to address this, but no, that's not a realistic expectation at all.

A system's configuration isn't just a CPU and video card, it's the motherboard, CPU, GPU, sound card, ethernet card (yes, I've had network cards cause unexpected behavior in software before, believe it or not), and even RAM; there are differences between manufacturers and even models within manufacturers for each component in your computer. If you include all components released in the past six years, there are easily millions of different combinations of different components that developers would need to test.

Obviously it would be unrealistic to expect them to have that many systems laying around and testing the game on each one for bugs. The best they can do is do limited emulation testing for the most common configurations and address specific incompatibilities like yours when they're reported.

It's why consoles are so popular with developers. They can test their game on a PS3 (or Xbox, Wii, etc.) and be reasonably sure it will behave exactly the same across all PS3s because of the standardized components. Developing for the PC is an entirely different beast.

• EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    This thread is funny
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by zerocount
    Originally posted by Betaguy

How can it be my PC when I can run TONS of other games on MAX setting with 0 lag that are way more graphicly intense than Neverwinter? You mean THEY released a game that is not designed to play on todays top of the line PCs?

Correct, until they optimize the code for your state of the art super computer you will suffer from bad framerates.... get over it.

To nullify Betaguy's sarcasm some of us do have parts based on super computer technology :-p .... (from Nvidia site)

"GEFORCE® GTX TITAN

Supercomputer technology.
    Revolutionary gaming.

The technology that powers the world's fastest
    supercomputer is now redefining the PC
    gaming experience.

Introducing GeForce® GTX TITAN.
    Bring the powerful NVIDIA® Kepler
    architecture technology that drives
    the Oak Ridge National Laboratory's
    Titan supercomputer to your
    next gaming experience."

My diamond viper 770 will run circles around that thing 

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

You are lucky because I have the answer to your problem.the game does not uses your power rig because you have Titan cards which they are dx 11 cards.

to have a better performance with these cards enter the graphic options of the game and press troubleshooting the scroll down and find the option that lets you choose between dx 9 and dx 11beta.

select dx11beta and restart the client.you will have better performance but not the best because dx 11 seems to be experimental for the moment

• sado2020sado2020 Member Posts: 112
    Best thread ever

Playing: TSW, D&D NW, Defiance (more the tv show than game >.> ) LotRO, DCUO

• OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034

So there is a 0% chance that they come out with a patch to fix the problem. 

We have no idea, because we can't get any idea of what the problem might be, because you will not post your system specs. All we know is that you're having frame rate problems. There are so many things that could cause that, it's pointless to speculate without more information.

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Yeah, sounds like it.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • KeppyKeppy Member UncommonPosts: 28

I am so tired of all the posts crying over Neverwinter!!!!!! In the end, if you don't want to pay-to-win, then do NOT play Neverwinter or any other game associated with PWE regardless of your computer specs.  Try reading forums besides this one.  I do not have a problem with spending cash on a game that I enjoy but I will no longer support PWE.  I have been playing their games for slightly over 5 years and finally saw 'the light'.  Run, while you can.

• KeppyKeppy Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by wordiz
    [mod edit]

The OP is blaming his fail on the wrong thing.  I play on a laptop and get along just fine.  I don't play Neverwinter because it's connected to PWE.  I will not support their greedy asses anymore.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    8 pages. No specs. /Close /Ban

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Closing this down. The OP doesn't seem to be looking for answers.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.