Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do YOU people want?

Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

I see a lot of people say things like there is no innovation in this game and because of it i will not play . For the people who say this and for the critics out there and or blog writer's out there watch this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7005-Innovation-Gamings-Snake-Oil

I think a lot of people really need to rethink there stand on this and other games in general 

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by Inigo_Montoya

I see a lot of people say things like there is no innovation in this game and because of it i will not play . For the people who say this and for the critics out there and or blog writer's out there watch this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7005-Innovation-Gamings-Snake-Oil

I think a lot of people really need to rethink there stand on this and other games in general 

I think that people like the idea of innovation, but I find that innovation is rarely greeted with rainbows and unicorn farts. The people who really innovate usually get a new ass ripped because they implemented it wrong. So then it takes a few iterations before someone else gets it right, but then it's not really innovative anymore and that person just gets a new ass ripped. 

So, I think that the moral to the story is that you can't please everyone all the time, and you can rarely please a few people some of the time. That doesn't mean people won't play it, they will. As long as it has the cornerstones of a good game then they'll play it.

If it's a good story, looks nice, performs well, then you'll get some people playing it, but it's got to have a hook too because if it becomes boring to play then people will just move on. 

The most successful subscription-based MMO is still WoW and it does very little to innovate (minus a lot of the 5.x content which has introduced a lot of new stuff). 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I want FFXI-2

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• maxg314maxg314 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    So far I like everything they are doing except the main thing I want is a good community and where servers feel populated while leveling and not empty like most games are nowadays.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well i would be extremely happy with a FFXI but tweaked.Tha tgame already did everything the way i liked except drops and crafting could be tweaked better>Also the grouped meachincs and combos coudl be tweaked ,especially the magic burst,so that groups actually want to do it.

I loved the idea with Tactical points that don't diminish until used,however again it could have used tweaks for 100/200/300 tp.

I liked the class designs but again ,i want more depth.

I would like jumping as the ydid add but only if useful.Also water zones would be nice.Housing with plots and gardfening outside as i hear they are going to implement eventually.

I heard they were going the Wowesque route and adding in hand holding ,quest markers.Tha treally turns me off,i want no hand holding at all,teh way FFXI was done.

I loved the Chocobo idea but i want more,yet Square took their time just getting the chocobo,so it was really obvious they cut a lot of corners.

I do not like the armoury system,you are what you wear,FFXI did it way better.

I would like to own and operae our own flying ship,i mean it has been a staple in the FF franchise for quite  awhile,about time to make it reality.

Aside from what i want,this game gives exactly what everyone is doing in otehr games except the premise to pvp only better and the game looks a heck of a lot better.

So for those that all they do is level,FFXIV is a much better product that looks a lot better.I'll tell you this much ,Square misses the boat bigtime on not implementing mounts and pets and housing.Those are the three big draws ,it would make them a ton more money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i would like a game that feels like a true virtual world.. not one with 500 squirrles standing around waiting to get slaughtered then rinse and repeat that everywhere with "insert next mob".. probably my biggest issue with most of these games

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• cracker007cracker007 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    please help , I need a beta key.
  • Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by cracker007

No one can help you.

Anyways! People want everything under the sun, and they want that funny feeling again when they first stepped into this genre.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by cracker007

Good luck. I am a legacy member and never got my damned key. Screw Square Enix.

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Is your account active still? Call or talk to SE ? I am sure that they will correct there error. Phase 3 starts in 3 weeks

Is your account active still? Call or talk to SE ? I am sure that they will correct there error. Phase 3 starts in 3 weeks

I've been on the phone with square 3 times just this year. I dont care if they make a game that rivals vanilla wows success I wont be playing it.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

its false, if you cant enter Beta, u are not Legacy, because Legacy members have direct access to beta, you have not to register a sh1t, you have not to do a sh1t. Legacy status = access.

So if is true you have problems, have to be of your computer or network.

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I want a HD, updated version of FFXi -__-
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

its false, if you cant enter Beta, u are not Legacy, because Legacy members have direct access to beta, you have not to register a sh1t, you have not to do a sh1t. Legacy status = access.

So if is true you have problems, have to be of your computer or network.

Bro I have the status symbol on my account with no link to a download for a client or no email to a download for a client. How am I supposed to play if they never gave me access to the client? Dont go blabbing that things are false when you dont know the details. Think before you speak.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

"What do you mean YOU People!?!?!?"

"What DO YOU mean what do you mean YOU people!?!?!?!?!?!?"

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I want all of the classes from 11 as well as the class system.  Best system ever in my opinion.

I want updated combat that isn't as terrible as 11 or 14.

I want quest hubs to be eliminated in favor of dynamic events.

I want lots and lots of group content in the open world.

My biggest current issue is that 14 has finally caught up to MMO's from 3 years ago.  That's good for the franchise but bad for the MMO.

Second biggest issue is none of the current classes interest me one bit.  Where's my Dark Knight, Samurai, Ninja, and Thief?

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97

no self heal option like food 

healer should be needed more even while questing 

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

There is some truth to this, but a lot of it doesn't apply because shockingly mmos are very different than single player games.

Here is my opinion on why no game that is very similar to WoW that has come out after WoW has been successful:

1) Most people who want a traditional theme park experience are already playing WoW/Rift/SWTOR so you're asking them to give up their characters that they have invested heavily in, usually a large amount of in game resources, and a large portion of their in game friends.  And what are you offering them in return for leaving all that behind?  Basically exactly the same game they left behind with better graphics and an addition mini-game or two.  

2) If someone is interested in mmos but not currently playing WoW/Rift/SWTOR they either can not afford a subscription or are not satisfied with the traditional theme park experience.  Simply adding better graphics to something they have already rejected playing will not draw them in.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    i would like a game that feels like a true virtual world.. not one with 500 squirrles standing around waiting to get slaughtered then rinse and repeat that everywhere with "insert next mob".. probably my biggest issue with most of these games

I know what you mean, GW2, SWTOR and just about every mmo for the last 5 years has been exactly how you describe, GW2 being the worst imo.

As for FFXARR i'm a legacy account holder and i'm really thankful for the effort into the game.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Alders

I want all of the classes from 11 as well as the class system.  Best system ever in my opinion.

I want updated combat that isn't as terrible as 11 or 14.

I want quest hubs to be eliminated in favor of dynamic events.

I want lots and lots of group content in the open world.

My biggest current issue is that 14 has finally caught up to MMO's from 3 years ago.  That's good for the franchise but bad for the MMO.

Second biggest issue is none of the current classes interest me one bit.  Where's my Dark Knight, Samurai, Ninja, and Thief?

They are going to add those later just like they did with final fantasy 11.  DK, sam, and ninja didnt come out til the first expansion.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Wizardry

So for those that all they do is level,FFXIV is a much better product that looks a lot better.I'll tell you this much ,Square misses the boat bigtime on not implementing mounts and pets and housing.Those are the three big draws ,it would make them a ton more money.

I'll just address this.

They have said they are implementing all of those things.  

Thank you.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103

I want what's coming to me...  The world Chico and everything in it!

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Well i would be extremely happy with a FFXI but tweaked.Tha tgame already did everything the way i liked except drops and crafting could be tweaked better>Also the grouped meachincs and combos coudl be tweaked ,especially the magic burst,so that groups actually want to do it.

I loved the idea with Tactical points that don't diminish until used,however again it could have used tweaks for 100/200/300 tp.

I liked the class designs but again ,i want more depth.

I would like jumping as the ydid add but only if useful.Also water zones would be nice.Housing with plots and gardfening outside as i hear they are going to implement eventually.

I heard they were going the Wowesque route and adding in hand holding ,quest markers.Tha treally turns me off,i want no hand holding at all,teh way FFXI was done.

I loved the Chocobo idea but i want more,yet Square took their time just getting the chocobo,so it was really obvious they cut a lot of corners.

I do not like the armoury system,you are what you wear,FFXI did it way better.

I would like to own and operae our own flying ship,i mean it has been a staple in the FF franchise for quite  awhile,about time to make it reality.

Aside from what i want,this game gives exactly what everyone is doing in otehr games except the premise to pvp only better and the game looks a heck of a lot better.

Chocobos are mounts and you can raise them like pets and armor them too.  Summoner class is pretty much a pet class. And you can get Magitek Armor mounts too.  And I think they have housing like they did in final fantasy 11.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I don't care about innovation. I also just want a real open seemless world and not a zone with mobs just standing on side the roads. Back in my early days of Lineage 2 you could get a quest that tells you to go take care of the Wood Bears to the north that are attacking people. You would have to really explore the north to find the mobs he was talking about. If you traveled the roads you rarely saw any mobs. You had to get off the roads and actually explore to find what you was looking for. I really miss this and social interaction where people just hung out and talked about the game and their adventures.
  • Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    I don't care about innovation. I also just want a real open seemless world and not a zone with mobs just standing on side the roads. Back in my early days of Lineage 2 you could get a quest that tells you to go take care of the Wood Bears to the north that are attacking people. You would have to really explore the north to find the mobs he was talking about. If you traveled the roads you rarely saw any mobs. You had to get off the roads and actually explore to find what you was looking for. I really miss this and social interaction where people just hung out and talked about the game and their adventures.

I agree but todays MMO players are lazy , and want things NOW! and do not want to work for it . So as you have seen the past 5 years MMOs are getting easy and really watered down from the ones 10 years ago .

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    I want FFXI-2

I want a new game with FFXI style of play, and PVE approach. I think thats what most people who say they want an FFXI-2 also want.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI