Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, I did it. I've beaten Neverwinter! (On my Guardian Fighter)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Comments

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Grats
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    How many hours per day did you put into this?
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

I thought he meant 75 hours when he said 3 days 3 hours. That's a really short amount of time to get decked out completely like that.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    I enjoyed your write up. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of snarky comments, unfortunately.
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

I thought he meant 75 hours when he said 3 days 3 hours. That's a really short amount of time to get decked out completely like that.

Well I assume that's what he meant. I was more wondering if he plowed through it over a week playing like 10 hours a day, or if he split it up more. Was considering playing this as a pick up/put down game here and there.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    I've occasionally have fallen victim to a rogue dealing almost 30,000 damage to me (my entire life bar)

Completely unrelated to anything here but I never understood why some games use those kind of high numbers. You could shave a zero off your life and general damage and it wouldn't even matter. It's doesn't really enhance the game in any way. I personally find it ridiculous and one of those "minor" things that turn me off from playing

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351
    @ OP: Where will you go now for your MMO fix? Also before Neverwinter what other MMO's do you play regularly? I mean if Neverwinter only lasted you 3 days, I'm genuinely curious as to what does last you? (I'm not trying to be snarky here or anything btw. Just curious)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Time to work on your alt (s) !!
  • RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by StonesDK
    I've occasionally have fallen victim to a rogue dealing almost 30,000 damage to me (my entire life bar)

Completely unrelated to anything here but I never understood why some games use those kind of high numbers. You could shave a zero off your life and general damage and it wouldn't even matter. It's doesn't really enhance the game in any way. I personally find it ridiculous and one of those "minor" things that turn me off from playing

People like big numbers I suppose. I often ask myself the same question really. It's not needed and when you start dealing with more content being added to the game it becomes a hassle for the developer.

It generally has to do with the algorithms they use. It is easier to not have to bother with decimals, which is why at the lower levels you're hitting for 45, instead of 4.5. Unfortunately it just snowballs into these ridiculously large, arbitrary numbers. There is no functional difference between 30000 and 3000 if everything is scaled for it anyways.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    So, in this game, there is only the level 1-60 push? There is nothing else? I ask because you stated that you made level 60 but didn't even see all of the content (which is a good thing IMO). I know the foundry is supposed to be the "thing" and I understood that you didn't want to mess with that (I probably wouldn't either, I don't in STO).

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Conglaturation !!!
    You have completed
    a great game.
    And prooved the justice
    of our culture.
    Now go and rest our
    heroes  !

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Grats OP.

Two questions:

• Did you exploit the foundry so you could level fast, or did you just run PVP 24/7?
    • What is your opinion on infamous Wards (reqiured for high level enchants)? Did you even obtain them and if so, how?
    Thanks in advance. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'm not buying this. Doesn't sound believable at all without spending cash. With the $200 founders pack, maybe, but not without. I mean, those mount upgrades cost a lot of AD... almost 3,000,000 in total. I can believe someone can power through the game and just grind the endgame tokens for the gear, that's easily done. I'm one piece off the full set of glory gear myself. 3 million AD though without paying and without exploiting? No chance.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Aren_DAren_D Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by Vannor
    I'm not buying this. Doesn't sound believable at all without spending cash. With the $200 founders pack, maybe, but not without. I mean, those mount upgrades cost a lot of AD... almost 3,000,000 in total. I can believe someone can power through the game and just grind the endgame token for the gear, that's easily done. 3 million AD though without paying and without exploiting? No chance.

With high prices at release just by selling 4 level 60 epics would make him 2m AD richer without any problem. Considering how fast he got full T2 full set, I won't be surprised if he had a lot of other stuff to sell.

"Don't argue with dick-heads, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402
    the info is nothing new ,lot of people reach max lvl in NW in 3 days too whit few hours the game is not along term tho but its fun to kill time

• Demmi77Demmi77 Member UncommonPosts: 229

ahh to be young and single again. Amazing you went through it that quick. I am sorry you feel burnt out.

I can only get a couple hours a night in and have spent time rolling different classes. I reallyd islike the 2 character limit but finally nestled in on my cleric. I to enjoy the combat style.

I disagree with you on the foundry , there are some very great quest writers in neverwinter. You would probably enjoy it more if you stopped and immersed yourself into the story. I will probably level cap at the end of the year but i've changed my playstyle from hardcore to really just enjoying the game.

PvP is a blast in this game and the combat just makes it that much better.

My biggest gripe with this game and i totally agree with you on, is the armor/weapon models. There are hardly any model changes. One thing i've always been attracted to was standing out in a crowd, and looking like me, different from anyone else. Neverwinter kinda blew it on customization. THe preview pic of a cleric is amazing, the actual looking is terrible.

ALl in all , i am going at a snails pace and i hope that the game provides enjoyment when i get to end game , being old and remembering when i blazed through wow, eq, and so many other games i totally get where you are coming from. Good luck in your adventures.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Aren_D

Originally posted by Vannor
    I'm not buying this. Doesn't sound believable at all without spending cash. With the $200 founders pack, maybe, but not without. I mean, those mount upgrades cost a lot of AD... almost 3,000,000 in total. I can believe someone can power through the game and just grind the endgame token for the gear, that's easily done. 3 million AD though without paying and without exploiting? No chance.

With high prices at release just by selling 4 level 60 epics would make him 2m AD richer without any problem. Considering how fast he got full T2 full set, I won't be surprised if he had a lot of other stuff to sell.

But he apparently started the day after release and then got level 60 in 3 days 3 hours play time.. so he wouldn't have been selling epics at release. Getting the T2 set is just a case of repeating dungeons over and over and getting the tokens... even pugging, that'd go pretty quickly.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.