Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want PVP?......then....SMITE

DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

Hi

I don't really get too engrossed in the forums as I prefer to spend my time ingame. But if you do like to dabble in pvp I recommend SMITE. Smite is a third person MOBA with the characters being gods - Zeus, Hades, Thor etc.

The third person views is awesome instead of LOL or DOTA or I should say its to my preference. The game is currently in open beta but its coming along lovely. Game types are popping up as follows..

ARENA - 5 v 5

Conquest - domination type

Joust (I love this opens up at L15) 1 v 1 similar to conquest.

Assault - Similar to conquest but you get a random god.

At L30 (cap) you can get ranked and it opens up competitive play.

For me it just fixes any pvp thirst I get. Especially when you start workin out better specs during game.

Im not fantastic with explaining about games etc so I do recommend heading over to the Website

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836

It's quite solid. In fact, I'd say that if it had a larger roster and ditched the atrocious queue system, it would be a far better game than League of Legends. 

I'm baffled that Guild Wars 2 went with that conquest tripe over using Smite-like gameplay for its structured pvp. 

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

I love that even though it is like an MOBA I can use WASD!!!!!!!

Z

• DonY81DonY81 Member UncommonPosts: 398

I have to be honest ive been pretty blown away by it. Its really grabbed me.

These guys seem to be hammering new modes etc and very busy. I really do think its a clever move with the TPV too.

The joust is addictive.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

How's the community? And is the game beginner friendly? Like, can I just jump in and learn via in-game tutorials or do I have to spend a week reading guides in order to not be called a fucktard for not understanding everything in my first game?

Yeah, I'm exaggerating but I obviously don't have the highest opinions of MOBAs nowadays. Which is a shame for me since I had a lot of fun with the original DotA.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

I have to be honest the grouping can be somewhat unforgiving.

I always suggest going for a load of practice runs in joust or the practice conquest.

Learn a god and from there get your rotations dialled down. Like any MMO or pvp game you do get your tophats where only the elite will do. Its a rough ride that's just gotta be ridden through at the start I think to become a more enjoyable game. I would encourage rising above that behaviour to be fair.

Also to go on from that /....sorry forgot something. Learn 1 type of god i.e Mage type or Assassin 1st.

Learn how to positioning and so forth.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Originally posted by Kaerigan

How's the community? And is the game beginner friendly? Like, can I just jump in and learn via in-game tutorials or do I have to spend a week reading guides in order to not be called a fucktard for not understanding everything in my first game?

Yeah, I'm exaggerating but I obviously don't have the highest opinions of MOBAs nowadays. Which is a shame for me since I had a lot of fun with the original DotA.

It's your pretty standard MOBA fare. Not great, but not terrible. Anything you'd meet with ingame would likely be the same stuff you'd meet with in League of Legends as a new player. Just avoid the forums - Smite forums seem to attract a lot of opinionated, pretentious douchebags even by MOBA standards. 

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    I'm waiting for them to put their money where their mouths are and release Jesus and Mohammed. After all, they did tell Hindus they weren't singling out their religion, right? So that means Mohammed will be a playable character, right?