Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Silly Poll] Where are the WoW players going?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

WoW's population has dropped to 8 million players world wide. Where did all those players go?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

The land mass is real and was recently discovered 900 miles off the coast of Brazil. Scientists think it sank millions of years ago.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Is this so we can avoid that game?          I don't play Wow but keep hearing how the community is horrible, so I couldn't resist.
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 422
    Wildstar, it wasnt on your poll list.  The game is looking to be really fun with gvg, arenas, battlegrounds, ands raids, its going to be a blast.
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    They're not going anywhere specifically, because the market is flooded with short-term F2P crap.  I don't see that changing any time soon, either.

You make me like charity

Originally posted by Datastar
    Wildstar, it wasnt on your poll list.  The game is looking to be really fun with gvg, arenas, battlegrounds, ands raids, its going to be a blast.

Wildstar isn't available as a destination yet. It's not even in open beta yet. If they did pick up 1.3 million players, that would be ridiculously awesome for them though.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I think a big chunk will be pvpers going to lol.

Why pay a sub to sit queueing to go pointless mini games when you can do the same thing for free?
  • asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by flizzer
    Is this so we can avoid that game?          I don't play Wow but keep hearing how the community is horrible, so I couldn't resist.

WoW has one of the best communities around due to variety.  Yeah, there are some crappy people, but they really are the exception.  There will be people you like and don't like, agree with and don't agree with, but it is a really solid community.

You make me like charity

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Since most of the losses are coming from Asia I'm gonna have to go with Age of Wushu on this one

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It's got the worst community if any mmo I've played.

Aion and latter day (but not early) EQ come close though.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I don't play MMO's hardcore like I used to. But I gave up on current WoW completely. I prefer Classic WoW. So I play on EmeraldDream.com when I want my vanilla wow fix. And also I play on westknights.com  Lineage 1 server. Other than that, no other MMO interests me. Except Camelot Unchained, which won't be out for a few years.
  • RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289
    Maybe the kids are finally seeing Borecraft for what it is and has always been? 1.3 million lost subs is nothing to sneeze at (Achoo!). If you continue to dub down your game and add nothing "new" to it, this is what you get. I don't feel bad for Blizzard or any company that does this type of business model. They were able to get away with it for as long as they did, shame on the morons that continued to think "things" would become better. Sheds those tears, breaks that laptop over game rage. In the end, I and most likely so many others (can only speak for myself), will rejoice in what we have known for years. I'd say this has become a "Slam-dunk" month already. Thank-you! (yeah, yeah, trolling, flaming, etc,etc,etc,is forbidden. Nonetheless, thank you mods for putting up with my bluntness at times, I do appreciate it.). :)
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    Currently in Dragon Prophet closed beta and playing some Neverwinter PvP, waiting on WildStar and then ultimately StarCitizen. Unless something else shows up that I do not know of yet.. or that TESO turns out to be something else than what im execting it to be.
  • maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    You don't believe Blizzard-Activision's own explanation to it's investors of where the competition is coming from?
  • MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

Here's an enlightenment for the OP....

Who cares..?

Originally posted by Mdpats
    Here's an enlightenment for the OP.... Who cares..?

You didn't read the bit where it says, "[Silly Poll]", did you.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    As bad as the genre has become, it wouldnt be half as good without wow. I dont care what game your playing its full of old wow players. Wow is what gets this genre exposure. It's not a good thing 1.3 million have gone to other games or just left gaming so quickly. It's just another indicator of the state of mmorpgs.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Razperil
     If you continue to dub down your game...

For a moment I had a vision of a choreographed Orgrimmar population dancing to Skrillex tunes.

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329

Western ones mainly  to MOBAs and various single player games.

Eastern ones to  mainly to MOBAs and various eastern mmorpg's.

• ThaneUlfgarThaneUlfgar Member Posts: 283

LOL @ WOW hate.

To answer the question: I can only speak for myself, but I'm playing a slew of single player games, including Starcraft (finally).

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey
    Originally posted by Razperil
     If you continue to dub down your game...

For a moment I had a vision of a choreographed Orgrimmar population dancing to Skrillex tunes.

Wub Wub Wub

On a more serious side of this sillines, I went from WoW to Borderlands 2 initially. Then moved to Torchlight 2 and STO. Now I've moved to boardgaming.

*burnout has set in

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I went to the only game that requires uber skillzorz! Starcraft! The people who lack skill went to other MMOs :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    They died in an internet cafe's back room.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    They died in an internet cafe's back room.

I lol'd

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Garrosh keep stealing my time cards - he'll get his comeuppance soon!
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    I went to the only game that requires uber skillzorz! Starcraft! The people who lack skill went to other MMOs :P

we dont use "lack skill" here. we say "have grown up and have a life and obligations". That's why they suck...every time an ability is cast on them the baby starts crying and the dog starts puking. It's a very pavlovian life out there. Fire is cast under them, dog starts puking, baby starts crying.

Damn! That explains it all :P

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.