Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Hex Announced by Cryptozoic

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,633MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Cryptozoic, creators of the original Warcraft trading card game, have announced a new Kickstarter project to fund Hex. According to the site, Hex is a combination of MMO and trading cards blended together for the first time.

A completely unique gaming experience, HEX: Shards of Fate was created from the ground up as a digital trading card game. HEX: Shards of Fate combines the amazing community and storytelling aspects of a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game (MMORPG) with the compelling collectable and strategic game play of a trading card game (TCG) to create an entirely new gaming experience. Players will make their way through the dynamic MMO world supported by champions, dungeons, raids and epic gear. 

Check out the Hex Kickstarter page for more information.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• Badgered86Badgered86 Denver, COPosts: 175Member Uncommon

Point of clarification: Upper Deck Entertainment originally held the rights to the game. Cryptozoic took over for UDE once they lost the lisence.

Looks fun. We'll see how different it is from M:TG and other online competitiors such as Hearthstone: HoW and what makes it worth playing.

• s4ndm4n2006s4ndm4n2006 Baltimore, MDPosts: 56Member Uncommon
    Looks interesting but do I go to a kidstarter page or kickstarter?  O.O  need some better editors here :P
  • itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,719Member Uncommon
    Wow, I have never ever just snap-ordered a kickstarter before... I've only done 2 and I researched them first (Camelot unchained and the new ultima semi-mmo). But considering I've played M:tg since 1995 and mmos since eq1 I felt like this one was speaking to me.

There goes 50 bucks, let's hope they do something good with it... I might swear off KS if I get burned :)

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• SoraksisSoraksis Havelock, NCPosts: 290Member Uncommon
    I am not sure how kickstarter works exactly but I get the impression you are just pledging money.  You will not be charged if they do not reach the goal.  I could be wrong but thats what it looks like.
  • AbimorAbimor phoenix, AZPosts: 335Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Soraksis
    I am not sure how kickstarter works exactly but I get the impression you are just pledging money.  You will not be charged if they do not reach the goal.  I could be wrong but thats what it looks like.

That is exactly how kickstarter works they dont charge you till the project is fully funded.

• mase1771mase1771 Malakoff, TXPosts: 22Member Uncommon
    One of the best pitch videos I've seen. I own three of their games, Hot Rod Creeps, Battle Wizards, and Food Fight. Cryptozoic does not disappoint.
  • VorthanionVorthanion Laguna Vista, TXPosts: 2,226Member Uncommon
    A more complex and indepth version of Wizard 101.  An interesting, but certainly not first ever MMOTCG.

• KaeriganKaerigan None Of Your BusinessPosts: 689Member
    That video was hilarious. And the game looks fairly interesting, too.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• TazzasaurusTazzasaurus Oak Creek, WIPosts: 33Member
    I would say they weren't the first...unless you're excluding different genres
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Nevada, MOPosts: 2,732Member Uncommon

And already showing off more than CU.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• birdycephonbirdycephon Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 1,314Member
    I'll probably follow this game if it funds.