Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Movement is More Than WASD

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The WildStar team has posted a new video to spotlight how movement will impact the game. According to Carbine, movement in MMOs should be more than simply mashing WASD. Find out what they have in store for WildStar by watching this video. Enjoy!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    Funny video and cool move mechanics. Wildstar is turning out to be a very interesting title.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

err and there was me thinking I was going to see something new and special..

Clearly the title to this should be "Movement is more than WASD, you can press space and CTRL as well"

Amazing.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    looking good.
  • AyuroxAyurox Member UncommonPosts: 64
    god I want it to come out so badly !!!!

• FarkrashFarkrash Member Posts: 10
    dft.ba/dash + something is an easter egg if someone wants to read the last part of the disclaimer. At work (ha!) so can't myself. Enjoy
  • anthony21690anthony21690 Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Lost my shit at the sheep bit. xD
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    I will name character Wasd.

• AnaximAnaxim Member UncommonPosts: 14

@Caldrin:

I think the intent of the video was to emphasize just how much movement factors into combat and exploration. For instance, assuming that switch places thing retains direction, you could totally do impressive things with it.

I really like what I saw.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Too bad PvP isn't more than your typical redundant battleground...
  • MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    rofl these WS movies are always fun to watch even though they add nothing new they are fun.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I don't know how fun the game will be, but the devs are killing it with their videos.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• fldashfldash Member UncommonPosts: 227

Looks like a GW2 knockoff with a few more features (double jump, space, trinity, raids). And I find their videos lame, not funny, but I'm only one person.

And no, I don't play GW2, it's combat is terrible.

Former xFire user... I only wanted a game tracker and messenger, not a screenshot taker, video recording, broadcasting piece of bloatware.

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88
    I LOVE Carbine! Cannot wait until the stress test!!!

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• possessed1possessed1 Member UncommonPosts: 36

dft.ba/-leaksthissure

that's the 'easter egg' from the video...it's a joke btw

Originally posted by Dauzqul
    Too bad PvP isn't more than your typical redundant battleground...

Haha someone doesn't know anything about PVP yet speaws nonsense. 

There are 3 types of pvp, 4 if you want to stretch it.

Structured PVP, Warplots, Open World PVP and Battlegrounds. 

• statrickstatrick Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Clearly the title to this should be "Movement is more than WASD, you can press space and CTRL as well"

Amazing.

clearly the video shows a few new things, you need to learn to pay attention a little better

what i saw was:

new environments

a bunch of new character look options (hair, skin color etc..)

what looks to be a rifle/cannon wielding class.

Either the Esper or a new healing class spell effects

a little face in the white scribbles that could be a new race Easter egg?(someone on youtube pointed this out to me)

disarm effect (which is awesome in my book).

im sure there are more things that i missed, but thats a great video. you brats are so hard to please sometimes.

Originally posted by fldash

Looks like a GW2 knockoff with a few more features (double jump, space, trinity, raids). And I find their videos lame, not funny, but I'm only one person.

And no, I don't play GW2, it's combat is terrible.

I love people like you, like who know nothing about the game and the first thing you say is it's a clone of X game. So it's a clone with double jump, space, trinity and raids so it's not a clone at all then is it? Look up the oxford dictionary word "clone" your using it incorrectly. 

I'm suprised you didn't call it a wow clone like everyone else has! 

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Super secret content reveal in one of the 'disclaimer' slides at the beginning of the vid. 

M30 Patch Notes: http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/m30_patch_notes.php

If you crack the code - no spoilers!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Lol, these Wildstar devs crack me up :D

All I can say about that "super secret reveal" is: "Noooooooooooooo !!!"

This game can't launch fast enough for me...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by statrick

Amazing.

clearly the video shows a few new things, you need to learn to pay attention a little better

what i saw was:

new environments

a bunch of new character look options (hair, skin color etc..)

what looks to be a rifle/cannon wielding class.

Either the Esper or a new healing class spell effects

a little face in the white scribbles that could be a new race Easter egg?(someone on youtube pointed this out to me)

disarm effect (which is awesome in my book).

im sure there are more things that i missed, but thats a great video. you brats are so hard to please sometimes.

Your right i was not paying attention to those things.. i was paying attention to the character movement as thats what i thought it was about..

But fair enough I guess they did show those things you mentioned.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Amazing.

see, you already forgot shift!

soooo many possibilities *goshes*

:)

anyway, looking forward to it, looks fun so far.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Rickrolled by Carbine.  Quite funny actually.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Originally posted by possessed1

dft.ba/-leaksthissure

that's the 'easter egg' from the video...it's a joke btw

Doesn't work for me :c Unless that's the joke. That it doesn't work. *shrug*

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

I don't buy anymore "Look at how awesome our game will be" stunts after the GW2 affair.

But I must admit : I really love Carbine's Wildstar videos because they crack me up each time. Keep it on, guys.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• Frazy123Frazy123 Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Please tell me that this is going to be a subscription based game. I'm getting really tired of all these free to play models.