Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where will PW stabilise the AD Exchange ?

SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Anyone care to speculate on this ?

The exchange rate has dropped by about 25% since "launch".

Today I noticed large chunks of Zen (430K) being offered at around 379 to 376 AD. I'd not seen so many large blocks being offered in the same range before.

If the exchange rate keeps dropping, players will need to buy more Zen than before to get the same amount of AD, but on the other hand, those farming AD effectively ingame will benefit from a much reduced grind. That will mean that "veterans" at L60 will potentially be spending less cash, while prospective new players will be faced with more expensive convenience bills.

PW ultimately controls the exchange rate by regulating the rate of AD earning in the game. Where do you think they'll want it to be ?

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Well unless they do something about the people creating an unlimited number of accounts and using leadership crafting to get AD on as many characters as they want and then using the auction house to get those AD onto their main account... they have no control over it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Well unless they do something about the people creating an unlimited number of accounts and using leadership crafting to get AD on as many characters as they want and then using the auction house to get those AD onto their main account... they have no control over it.

You don't honestly think PW/Cryptic would have designed an ingame AD earning scheme that could be abused THAT easily, do you ? image

The amount of AD generated via Leadership tradeskills is trivial. You get Rough AD from Leadership crafting, and those are capped at 24K per character per day, due to refine limits. And to get anywhere near earning 24K AD from Leadership skills, you'll need a few of the purple rank 3 assets which cost 700K to 800K AD each on the AH.

Good luck to those who want to create 5 different accounts and spend their lives logging and relogging to change tradeskill assignments.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

You don't honestly think PW/Cryptic would have designed an ingame AD earning scheme that could be abused THAT easily, do you ? image

The amount of AD generated via Leadership tradeskills is trivial. You get Rough AD from Leadership crafting, and those are capped at 24K per character per day, due to refine limits. And to get anywhere near earning 24K AD from Leadership skills, you'll need a few of the purple rank 3 assets which cost 700K to 800K AD each on the AH.

Good luck to those who want to create 5 different accounts and spend their lives logging and relogging to change tradeskill assignments.

With this bookmarked on your mobile.. it's a very easy task:

https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

Even if 5 accounts only earned 10K a day each character.. that's 100k a day for 2 minutes of logging on a few accounts every 2 hours.

How about 10 accounts and 4 minutes of your time?

Or 20 and 8 minutes of your time..

You think there isn't about a million of these accounts set up already by Chinese gold farmers?

Even if 5 accounts only earned 10K a day each character.. that's 100k a day for 2 minutes of logging on a few accounts every 2 hours.

You think there isn't about a million of these accounts set up already by Chinese gold farmers?

You're quite right, PW is stupid and NWO will collapse in a few months because there's no way to stop professional gold farmers from setting up thousands of accounts and totally flooding the ingame economy with AD.

The game is doomed !

Or I guess they could just remove the AD rewards from Leadership crafting...

You're quite right, PW is stupid and NWO will collapse in a few months because there's no way to stop professional gold farmers from setting up thousands of accounts and totally flooding the ingame economy with AD.

The game is doomed !

Is the sarcasm really needed when the first thing I said on this thread was "Unless they do something about it". I know they could do something about it. They haven't yet though.. and it's still happening.

The game is doomed !

Is the sarcasm really needed when the first thing I said on this thread was "Unless they do something about it". I know they could do something about it. They haven't yet though.. and it's still happening.

My apologies for the sarcasm, but it was a bit frustrating to have the first answer to my post effectively killing discussion by basically alleging that PW "have no control over the money supply in NWO".

It's not impossible, but I find it highly unlikely that PW would put the game out there with no control over it. They're hardly "first-timers" in the F2P world, and it's highly unlikely that they're not aware of the methods used by third-party RMT groups. I would be surprised if they monitor account usage and simply ban those that show odd behaviour.

Well, assuming they fix the leadership issue..

I'd expect it to go the same way as STO. Over there the exchange rates typically stay around 200-300; the halfway point. It took a while for that to normalize though

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Dude the game is entirely pay2win, my advice is to just stop now, the game is not worth it. There are lots of better games you could spend your money on. I'd advise you to stay away from anything perfect world hosts, they are all horribly pay2win titles. The neverwinter game is not a bad game, its just completly ruined by the fact the entire endgame is pay2win.

Not trying to troll just saying how the game is, you can hit level cap without spending a penny, but once you want to do endgame your going to have to spend out the ass unless you want to spend months and months to afford 1 piece of gear to be able to do the endgame raids. Anyway as I have said best bet is to stay away from neverwinter, and any other game perfect world hosts, your wallet will thank you.

Also its better for PWI if the zen to AD market crashes, because people will have to spend more in their cash shop for the same amount of ADs, which is more profit for them, so don't expect them to ever do anything to fix the exchange. since if you gotta buy more zen its better for PWI.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Originally posted by Siveria

Dude the game is entirely pay2win, my advice is to just stop now, the game is not worth it. There are lots of better games you could spend your money on. I'd advise you to stay away from anything perfect world hosts, they are all horribly pay2win titles. The neverwinter game is not a bad game, its just completly ruined by the fact the entire endgame is pay2win.

Not trying to troll just saying how the game is, you can hit level cap without spending a penny, but once you want to do endgame your going to have to spend out the ass unless you want to spend months and months to afford 1 piece of gear to be able to do the endgame raids. Anyway as I have said best bet is to stay away from neverwinter, and any other game perfect world hosts, your wallet will thank you.

Sigh.. when you get to endgame and actually know what you are talking about from experience please get back to me.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Don't think the leadership AD craft will really matter that much. It's only about 600 a day per craft slot. Using only crafting to farm AD would mean the farmer has at most 3 slots free to farm 1800 AD a day. With 24K max refinement that would imply a 2-week farm before our little Chinese AD farmer would have made the 24K, which equals around 65 ZEN (65 cents!). I'm pretty sure the Chines AD farmers would have better things to do than farm 65 cents in about half an hour time over 2 weeks...

I'd expect it to go the same way as STO. Over there the exchange rates typically stay around 200-300; the halfway point. It took a while for that to normalize though

How long was "a while" ? image

6 months ? Longer ?

My guess is that they'll keep it closer to 300-350 in NWO for the first 3-6 months... 

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Sigh.. when you get to endgame and actually know what you are talking about from experience please get back to me.

Yeah yeah, thats the usual excuse people make.  Doesn't get past the point the game is pay2win at endgame if you don't wanna take forever.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Yeah yeah, thats the usual excuse people make.  Doesn't get past the point the game is pay2win at endgame if you don't wanna take forever.

I have nothing more to talk to you about. When you're at endgame and struggling, I'll listen to you. You see, I'm at endgame (without spending money) and I'm not struggling. No need to derail other threads when there's plenty P2W ones on here.

How long was "a while" ? image

6 months ? Longer ?

My guess is that they'll keep it closer to 300-350 in NWO for the first 3-6 months... 

I've no idea how long it took to get to that stage in STO tbh.. just that it was a few months.

• Aren_DAren_D Member UncommonPosts: 92

Zen - AD rate fixed at 1/50 by PW. 50k AD = 1k zen, I would love to see that. That would make all cash shop items viable for many.

"Don't argue with dick-heads, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"