Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Proof the game isn't P2W!

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698

I haven't spent a dime yet I did this with my CW Valna Silentread a couple days ago. Got more kills than everyone else combined. I've also been near the bottom so I guess it depends on the luck of the match making! Sorry about the crappy image. I use my cell to take cool in game pics to send to nearby RL friends. I will take a clear screen shot if this happens again!

Edit to answer thread questions: I was level 19 so there was an advantage in that. Also, there were no AFK or botters. Everyone was fighting back. I'm level 23 now and getting absolutely SPANKED by rogues in the 20-29 bracket.

Comments

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311
    [mod edit]  But seriously the game is P2W no matter if you can do well or not in pvp. If players have a huge advantage by using money I consider it P2W.

• grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    The only advantage is time and convenience.  Besides... "win"  an MMORPG?  Feh. 
  • Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    what level are you ?
  • JackMackJackMack Member UncommonPosts: 21

Don't get me wrong, I like this game(especially the Foundry) and want to see it prosper...however I do not think this pic really proves anything. You had 23 kills(GJ BTW) and the highest opponent kill total was 6.  If any of the opponent players were paying to win, they should have paid a lot more.  My knock on the PvP is half with the game and half with the players. There are actually players in chat looking for AFK PvP Premade groups(maybe so they can quickly get their daily Domination for AD? IDK I just don't get that). 

As for Cryptic and PW, they need to remove letting players trade Glory points so people have to earn PvP rewards and not buy them. I am not generally a  PvP'er so this is not something that would prevent me from playing.  I suspect most dedicated player killers would be happier with another game...although enabling some kind of PvP foundry missions? That would be kind of cool.

• socalsk8trsocalsk8tr Member Posts: 65
    its pwe givem a chance, if they made it p2w from the start they couldn't get a small following addicted like crack whores to the game, its how it works with their games wait a year from now just wait lol
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

How does this screenshot even remotely "prove" the game isn't P2W ?

Your character could be equipped with top-of-the-line gear that you bought with real cash via the Zen<->AD exchange.

You could have had a lucky draw where most of the other players were only there for the AD reward from completing the match.

Could be that by sheer luck you had 5 useless opponents.

Could be that none of your opponents or team mates had upgraded gear.

But we'll take "your word for it", and believe you that your screenshot only reflects your l33t pwnz0r skillz imageimage

• EliminatREliminatR Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Just play darkfall its best
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by pacov
    How much do they pay you to post these things? But seriously the game is P2W no matter if you can do well or not in pvp. If players have a huge advantage by using money I consider it P2W.

Win what?? If you are talking about PVP, the only thing that you can buy in the shop would be ... mounts? 

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

I'd say the game is "pay to get ahead" rather then "pay to win" It's ridiculous how slow some things are to get unless you pay, and i don't think respecs are available in game without paying at all, which is insane.

It means that before ever even playing the game and making your first character, you're pretty much forced to theory craft the crap out of everything.

not to mention the Mounts in PvP, it costs millions of astral diamonds to upgrade your horse in game, where as anyone who pays gets it within seconds which may not be a big deal in the long run, but right now It's creating massive imbalances.

I'm playing the game, and i could use the cash shop, but i simply refuse to because i do not support It's business model.

Though the game is pretty enjoyable, i hope it fails, hard.. 

Cosmetic cash shops and maybe XP boosters or GTFO in my book.

Ffs, i just want subscriptions back.. Tired of getting half a game.

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    So far I've been doing great in pvp by always being in top 3 and usually number 2 or even 1 without paying anything. Don't know how things will turn out but so far I don't see a p2w game...
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    How much do they pay you to post these things? But seriously the game is P2W no matter if you can do well or not in pvp. If players have a huge advantage by using money I consider it P2W.

agree 100%

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    If players have a huge advantage by using money I consider it P2W.

I agree with that part completely. In Neverwinter though, those that pay don't have a huge advantage. I've lived it.. and everyone else who has lived it at endgame agrees with me. Everyone saying it's P2W is just speculating based on it's appearance, in practice though it doesn't make a difference.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    PvP is either you totally are OP'd against everyone else or they are OP'd against you. That's happened to me afew times and I've totally dominated everyone with tripple kills compared to anyone else but it also sometimes works the other way. So, it doesn't really prove anything. Still, I haven't paid anything for it either other than some bag space and am satisfied with my progress.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• 9ineven9ineven Member UncommonPosts: 168

Proof that it won't ever be P2W ?

If you've played other PWE games you know what I mean...

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by 9ineven

Proof that it won't ever be P2W ?

If you've played other PWE games you know what I mean...

Seeing as how I've played almost every PWE game before and didn't really find much of anything that was P2W in them, no I don't.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• AderewAderew Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Please, please stop this madness about P2W ..... no matter what NW is, it's still a fun to play game, if you think it's P2W then don't  even bother posting in NW section, if you think that's not then don't bother to convince the others. For me NW is the best F2P MMORPG that i have ever played and that's what matters. Unfortunately haters and trolls give this game a bad name, so don't feed them.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Aderew
    Please, please stop this madness about P2W ..... no matter what NW is, it's still a fun to play game, if you think it's P2W then don't  even bother posting in NW section, if you think that's not then don't bother to convince the others. For me NW is the best F2P MMORPG that i have ever played and that's what matters. Unfortunately haters and trolls give this game a bad name, so don't feed them.

You must be new here....

P2W or not, the evidence is there of how horrible many are seeing the CS as.  Neverwinter is a prime example why people are weary of F2P MMOs with their CSs.

Haters and trolls don't give the game a bad name, the game did that all on its own.  Fanbois blame haters and trolls when their precious game isn't well received by the masses.  People did the same thing with SWTOR and look how that turned out.  The truth that the "haters" and "trolls" preached about came to be the accepted truth after the "Oooo SHINEY" phase wore off.

Oh no, people in WoW who buy the cash shop mounts have an advantage over those who don't because they are able to get awesome looking mounts faster and are able to spend more in game currency in the auction house to get rare gear and crafting materials.  By your logic, WoW is P2W as well!

First off, the advantage is nowhere near as "huge" as you think it is, and secondly, even if you have better enchancements on your armor/weapons, that is no guarantee that you actually have an advantage if you don't know how to allocate stats or use skills properly.  Might as well claim that a berserker in TERA who has spent enough money to fully upgrade all their armor and buy the best enhancements in the cash shop but never moves while fighting ever and only uses the left mouse click attack has a huge advantage over an archer who spent no money in the cash shop who moves around and knows how to properly use their skills.

Originally posted by SpottyGekko

How does this screenshot even remotely "prove" the game isn't P2W ?

Your character could be equipped with top-of-the-line gear that you bought with real cash via the Zen<->AD exchange.

You could have had a lucky draw where most of the other players were only there for the AD reward from completing the match.

Could be that by sheer luck you had 5 useless opponents.

Could be that none of your opponents or team mates had upgraded gear.

But we'll take "your word for it", and believe you that your screenshot only reflects your l33t pwnz0r skillz imageimage

1.  Didn't you read the OP's comment?  They didn't spend a dime.  Sure they could be lying, but if they are telling the truth, that disproves your first part.

2.  Exactly.  Doing well in PvP is determined by your skill and your opponents skill, not who has the best enhancements or armor.  Sure it helps, but good equipment is no match for skill.  Every time a person says they rock at PvP, there is a chance that they are only saying that because they got paired up against people who don't know how to PvP, but the same applies to those who say the PvP sucks; there is a chance they had bad luck and were paired up against people who are skilled PvPers, and unless they actively look at their armor (which would make them lose PvP even faster), there is no way to know that they use the cash hsop.

3.  See comment #2.

4.  See comment #2.

5.  I certainly will, as it proves his point more than anyone who argues that NW is P2W or that the PvP sucks, because it is actual EVIDENCE, unlike the others who just make those claims without even trying to back it up (although I personally would have just used the print screen button).

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Manolios

agree 100%

Ok, let's compare NWO with some other popular games for example.

GW2. We roll characters at the same time, however, I will use real money converted to in-game gold to do the following: Craft my way to 80 in 24 hours with mats bought from Trade post, put on my exotic crafted armor (or rare Cultural armor) and buy Siege weapons blueprints. Let's meet in WvWvW after these 24 hours. Who will win, I wonder?

WoW. We both have fresh max level characters, However, I have bought in Blizzard store 10 Guardian cubs for 100$ total and traded them for in-game gold. I use this gold to buy epic crafted armor set and meet in you in PVP. Who will win, I wonder?

Originally posted by DeniZg

agree 100%

GW2. We roll characters at the same time, however, I will use real money converted to in-game gold to do the following: Craft my way to 80 in 24 hours with mats bought from Trade post, put on my exotic crafted armor (or rare Cultural armor) and buy Siege weapons blueprints. Let's meet in WvWvW after these 24 hours. Who will win, I wonder?

WoW. We both have fresh max level characters, However, I have bought in Blizzard store 10 Guardian cubs for 100$ total and traded them for in-game gold. I use this gold to buy epic crafted armor set and meet in you in PVP. Who will win, I wonder?

1. who said gw2 is not a p2w too? at least in some cases.

2. in wow you cant craft epic pvp gear. you just can buy it with conquest points, only available through pvp activities and ratings

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

2. in wow you cant craft epic pvp gear. you just can buy it with conquest points, only available through pvp activities and ratings

Since the latest PvP stat changes in WoW.. PvP armour isn't needed to be powerful in PvP.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by DeniZg

agree 100%

1. who said gw2 is not a p2w too? at least in some cases.

care to explain where GW2 is P2W?

and OP if you have to prove if a game is not P2W, and need to search for proves of it, the game is P2W

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Originally posted by Vannor

Since the latest PvP stat changes in WoW.. PvP armour isn't needed to be powerful in PvP.

you mean when 5.3 arrives. you have a point there

but anyway you cant craft epic pvp gear

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Agoden

I'd say the game is "pay to get ahead" rather then "pay to win" It's ridiculous how slow some things are to get unless you pay, and i don't think respecs are available in game without paying at all, which is insane.

It means that before ever even playing the game and making your first character, you're pretty much forced to theory craft the crap out of everything.

not to mention the Mounts in PvP, it costs millions of astral diamonds to upgrade your horse in game, where as anyone who pays gets it within seconds which may not be a big deal in the long run, but right now It's creating massive imbalances.

I'm playing the game, and i could use the cash shop, but i simply refuse to because i do not support It's business model.

Though the game is pretty enjoyable, i hope it fails, hard.. 

Cosmetic cash shops and maybe XP boosters or GTFO in my book.

Ffs, i just want subscriptions back.. Tired of getting half a game.

Its really not that slow to get fully geared. I already have half my level 60 enchantments without spending any money aside from the founders pack ($60). Would easily gear up fully in 1-2 months.

Can you get there quicker if you spend real cash? You sure can. But its F2P, thats how they make their money.

There is nothing you cant earn through actual gameplay. Making AD off the AH is actually very easy once you get to endgame.

The max speed horses? Its not really that big an issue in PvP unless you are just trying to constantly cap new points rather than defend. And if you are that invested in the game that you care about running at max speed, is $40 for unlocking all characters that big a deal? Thats only 2.5 months of another games subscription for a lifetime unlock.

I do agree about the respecs though. You can buy feat respecs with AD by the way, only powers require Zen to respec, but the cost is too high, It should start out low and build up higher the more you do it.

Most items are fairly reasonable in cost. $2.50 is a bargain for a character slot compared to other games. $2 for appearance change. Nothing really bank breaking. I have set myself a limit of $15 a month to spend on it, since that is what I would normally spend on a MMO. If I thought it was impossible to earn the rewards normally, I wouldnt still be playing at level 60 or thinking of spending any money on the game (Runes of Magic put me off for example).

This discussion has been closed.