Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Werewolfs and Vampires

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
Have they said anything about being able to become werewolf or vampire in the mmo? Should they give us that options? I think they should since its one of the big gameplay features of the series and one of my favorites. And maybe even able to join lesser factions like the silverhand and vigelent of stendarr to hunt them.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    I was hoping they would really add it as a true curse... whenever you turn werewolf or vampire, all you can do is run through the countryside and kill players,  the more players you kill the more powerfull you become in that form,  untill you are finally killed.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    I hope they limit the number of vampires and werewolves. Gonna be pretty stupid(IMO) if the majority of the population in Tamriel are either.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by immodium
    I hope they limit the number of vampires and werewolves. Gonna be pretty stupid(IMO) if the majority of the population in Tamriel are either.

Just make it temporal effects as i proposed.. you die, and without a resurection you will loose the effect.

And give players a rewarding questline to get rid of that effect without dieing...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Have they said anything about being able to become werewolf or vampire in the mmo? Should they give us that options? I think they should since its one of the big gameplay features of the series and one of my favorites. And maybe even able to join lesser factions like the silverhand and vigelent of stendarr to hunt them.

I don't know if it is a good idea to look for information about this kind of stuff.  Remember right before Skyrim was released, the developers either refused to answer questions about werewolves or just claimed outright that there would be none in Skyrim, and only a while later people discovered that there were werewolves in Skyrim?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    One thing i wonder is how will they blend in with the whole 3 faction thing if they really do allow players to become them because in a way werewolves and vamps are their own kind of race. So it will be a little weird to see bunch of werewolves and vamps killing each other in pvp and being teamed up espeically because they are shunned when it comes to each faction and normal races.  Like i dont think the aldmeri dominion would be too proud to have so many undead and wolf soldiers in their ranks. But than again they are turning the lore upside down for this mmo anyway...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    One thing i wonder is how will they blend in with the whole 3 faction thing if they really do allow players to become them because in a way werewolves and vamps are their own kind of race. So it will be a little weird to see bunch of werewolves and vamps killing each other in pvp and being teamed up espeically because they are shunned when it comes to each faction and normal races.  Like i dont think the aldmeri dominion would be too proud to have so many undead and wolf soldiers in their ranks. But than again they are turning the lore upside down for this mmo anyway...

I love the idea of having some lycans and undead just being KOS for everyone in Cyrodiil. That would really spice up the AvA when your former ally starts biting your ass...or neck image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

This... If this turns into Twilight online I will just leave.I kinda hope they have some way of not having everyone taking this path. I think the best way to do that is make sure the other paths are just as epic and make lots of them. 

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

This... If this turns into Twilight online I will just leave.I kinda hope they have some way of not having everyone taking this path. I think the best way to do that is make sure the other paths are just as epic and make lots of them. 

or have disadvantages like being hated by faction gear merchants that sell epic gear and of course theres the whole sunlight thing for vamps.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610

or have disadvantages like being hated by faction gear merchants that sell epic gear and of course theres the whole sunlight thing for vamps.

That would work for me as well =-)

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645

Secret is to make it really, really horrible to be one. Making the advantages of it less than the perks. Hence making it a very niche thing to be.

Kind of like carrying moon sugar in Morrowind or something would work as well, but I would love to see a lot of people who work late get online during the dark hours as Vampires because the disadvantages would be less for people who have most of their freetime during the night.

There are a lot of problems with adding lycans and undeads into the game like that but I think it could work if they didn't phase the day and night cycle like they claimed they'd be planning to do. Otherwise some people will see vampires running around in broad daylight, whilst the ones playing the vampires would be up during the night.

That would work for me as well =-)

And as other paths being just as epic...well you saw in the cg trailer the nord taking down all those werewolves like it was nothing.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

as long as its not over powered it will be fine. i think they just need to make it as balanced as possible and on par with the other abilities.

players will always flock to the most OP class or play style, simply being a vampire or werewolf will not matter in most cases when its an inferior play style to another class or play style.

• JackMackJackMack Member UncommonPosts: 21
    +1 with the amendment that to be a true curse you should not get much stronger when killing other players(otherwise there will be too many little Edward and Jacobs running about just to gank) I think it should be you cant die, but rather when a player/NPC/mob defeats you, you are reverted to a weak little base Vampire/Wolfboy. Then, once you get a certain number of player kills, you are able to finish an epic old school ES style quest line to break the curse.
  • JackMackJackMack Member UncommonPosts: 21
    As long as Vampires take damage in the light it should actually add some nuance to people wanting to play a Vamp...I just don't see much value in it if there is no PvP outside of Cryodil. And I really don't care about the no open world PvP thing(more than enough threads on that for both sides of the issue), but why be a vampire or a werewolf if you cant hunt down and kill people, I mean, is that not how they eat? Now I could support a feature where only the Vamp/Lycans can kill or be killed by other players to add sort of a fourth "underworld faction" aspect to the game.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

You will be able to.

I just hope they aren't so underpowered and uninteresting as the vanilla werewolves / vampires in Skyrim and previous TES games.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

Last I knew, Vampires & Werewolves in the ES setting aren't even remotely close to those in the Twilight one.

The fact that you say you will leave because other people aren't playing what you want them to is quite ridiculous as well.

I actually hope both are in the game.

EDIT: Spelling

• Ladrann27Ladrann27 Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by JackMack
    As long as Vampires take damage in the light it should actually add some nuance to people wanting to play a Vamp...I just don't see much value in it if there is no PvP outside of Cryodil. And I really don't care about the no open world PvP thing(more than enough threads on that for both sides of the issue), but why be a vampire or a werewolf if you cant hunt down and kill people, I mean, is that not how they eat? Now I could support a feature where only the Vamp/Lycans can kill or be killed by other players to add sort of a fourth "underworld faction" aspect to the game.

I actually like this idea, if you are a vampire or werewolf you belong to a different 'faction', making you PvP flagged in the no PvP zones, also allowing you to attack other players. It would be a hard life and being one would alter the entire gameplay for that player. But I think it would be very hard to make this work properly in the game as it has not been designed for this.