Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar: Focus on Stress Testing

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest WildStar Wednesday has been posted with a terrific look at what a beta stress test weekend looks like and embodies for those who take part. Comparing stress testing to race car driving and...clown cars...the team gives readers an inside look at all that happens before the test begins.

One of the main responsibilities I have – I am getting to the point, hang with me a little bit longer – is making sure that you guys have the best experience possible playing the game when we open the doors. This means many things; from making sure that I don’t allow risky changes to be promoted, to making sure our QA team has caught as many bugs as possible, to waking up engineers in the middle of the night to get debug information as to why our worlds are lagging, to making sure we have the right amount of hardware to support the number of players we have in our game.

Read more on the WildStar site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    Made my day, now please carbine, make my weekend :DDDDDD
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by lolunatic

"Editor's Note: Originally this article stated that we were hosting a stress test this weekend. This is not the case, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will keep you updated on the exact timing of our stress test in the coming days, and apologize for any confusion."

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    Make my next weekend than.
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Or Carbine, if you wanna make my Monday or Tuesday I'm totally ok with that. There are no rules saying you need to Stress Test over a weekend! ;)
  • AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Keep up the great work carbine! Can't wait for this one to be released!
  • mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by lolunatic

I doubt a stress test would make your weekend.  More likely ruin it, considering a first time public stress test for most games results in it being unplayable for a large portion of the test.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    OH lord I hope I get in.. Please MMO GOD in the sky bless me and let me in this freaking BETA! lol..  The only beta's I have every gotten into were COH and WOW..   Let WS be the 3rd!

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    well ill be happy to try and break everything so let me in hehe so excited for this game. knowing this first weekend will be rough who cares been on some crappy stress test before.
  • MytobMytob Member Posts: 79
    Cant wait to get into the game!