Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can only play 1 mmo the next 5yrs(free of charge)!

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    The only MMO I've ever played that would possibly hold me that long is SWG pre-cu. That would be my pick, but it would have to be just like it was on Bloodfin around early 2004.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Eve.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

i'd say GW2 because i keep going back to it, but maybe EvE because there's just so much there. ... nah GW2. and oh wait. it's already free. lackaday, what is this world coming to?

EDIT: or maybe DFUW. i sense promise in it, and it's fun to play for a few hours then drop, which is what i need from my MMOs.

• asyndetonasyndeton Member UncommonPosts: 87

My Game for the past month or so has been Salem: The Crafting MMO.

I would probably choose this or Haven and Hearth, and just have one enormous settlement at the end of the five years, probably end up creating a town. 

I would choose either of these just because I could keep progressing my characters learning all the skills, exploring the darkness, crafting all the items, maxing my abilities. It is pretty open gameplay, and the graphics in either game dont bother me one bit, I actually find them charming.

• MMOPapaMMOPapa Member Posts: 121
    If we could get them repopulated? Ultima Online.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Vanguard.

Which I will probably play the next 5 years subbed.

Unless somebody comes along and give me a better game ... which seems highly unlikely.

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220

None.  There are no current mmo's I could play beyond 3 months and most last more like 6 weeks before I move on.  

Since mmo's these days are generally designed as single player games I generally treat them as single player games with the same longevity.  

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Neverwinter for games already released.  If I got to chose a game in development it would be ESO.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Thats a hard one really..

I think out of the current games it would either be Eve or Project Entropia.. i cant see myself playing any of the other currently available MMORPGs for 5 years without jumping off a cliff after the first few mnoths..

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789

TSW for current mmos

Archeage for upcoming.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    For me, its easy.  Wildstar.  Game is looking great.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

:scratches and yawns: City of Heroes.

What? You didn't say it had to be a live mmo.

I wanted to go somewhere where a RP community still existed. :shrug:

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    FFXIV: ARR
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Eve.. its the only game currently in existence that i can say with any certainty that i would even be interested in playing over that kind of a time period.. have been playing since 2004 so i know what i like image
  • kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Wildstar only mmo that is currently holding my interest and its not even out yet =(
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Not a single MMO out on the market seems appealing to me. I have grown to hate RPGs actually and the whole levelling/item grinding is no fun for me. I don't want any kind of progression so I go for RTS games and fighters or other fun single player games. But if I really had to pick one MMO which I can play free of charge that would be World of Warcraft. If the game was B2P or something I would definitely play it from time to time - I really enjoyed the PvP aspect of the game. Other MMOs are not even worth my time even if they are completely free.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if i had to pick one that is currently release, then it's got to be eve.  CCP has proven to me over the years that even when they screw up, hey make it better and the game comes out stronger for it.  plus, with the players providing content along with the dev team you know it's always going to evolve.

if i could pick a game from the future, though, perhaps EQN if it's everything it's supposed to be.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Soki123
    DAOC.

Me too.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Nothing. Five years is a way too much to stick with only one MMO for me.
  • JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    If I learn how to make an mmo I'll play it for more than five years.  Other people's creations, naught.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Of the game that are currently available, Mortal Online.  It's the only game that has the features I really want in an MMO.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Only one? Easily Guild Wars 2. The game is constantly being enhanced, new content and all that. Looking forwards to seeing where it's at in five years!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

That's an easy one, already been playing EVE for 5 years, another 5 years looks good.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't play something else at the same time for a little break every now and again, it helps to spice things up. But apart from some of the new sandbox games, maybe Salem, can't see much to tempt me away atm. Titan and WoD are on the horizon but as there is almost nothing known about Titan and nothing seeming to happen on the WoD front, I'll carry on.

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

If it includes expansions, then it would have to be Skyrim.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I've never played a mmo that long.