Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can only play 1 mmo the next 5yrs(free of charge)!

Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

What would it be?

Myself,I'd play EQ2,

I like the look of the game and animation's.The questing is like WoW,but I think it's better.It has a nice crafting system and a wide variety of mount's/mount types.There's a nice abundance of class/race choice's.Considering when the game launched,the character creator is decent also.

UO is a game at the top of my list,the thing is I can't play the game anymore for the graphic's.It give's me headache's after playing for a period of time.Other than that it would be my 1st pick.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Blade and Soul.
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Slappy1

What would it be?

Myself,I'd play EQ2,

I like the look of the game and animation's.The questing is like WoW,but I think it's better.It has a nice crafting system and a wide variety of mount's/mount types.There's a nice abundance of class/race choice's.Considering when the game launched,the character creator is decent also.

UO is a game at the top of my list,the thing is I can't play the game anymore for the graphic's.It give's me headache's after playing for a period of time.Other than that it would be my 1st pick.

only 1 MMO? Too bad that MMO doesnt exist because NCsoft shut it down. The only SciFi MMO to be released by Lord British(General British) Tabula Rasa.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

Current MMOs... Maybe RIFT as it is the only game/development company I think actually did a quality job in the past decade. 

Future MMO's I could definitely see myself playing EQNext/ArcheAge/Black Desert/Star Citizen etc. for 5+ years easy. I would pick EQNext as my top top for now though. It would be WoD, but that isn't going to be coming out anytime soon ( Oh how I wish it were)

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    The thought of not being able to play GW2 for the next 5 years and see where that game goes is too sad to even think about.  
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    If I had to pick one it would be Eve. 
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    ArchAge
  • GreenWidowGreenWidow Member Posts: 157

Limited to things out currently...EQ2...has enough to keep me occupied that long and if it was free...it would be my only game right now.

Unlimited choices...EQNext  Everything else looks or has proven to be "meh"

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”The Iron Code"

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    ArcheAge also
  • PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Entropia Universe.

whos space station is this ? well now its mine,cash for free™

bleh,seriously mm ArcheAge.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Probably LOTRO or Vanguard because community is key at this point (5 years is along time).
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    DAOC.
  • kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    LOTRO- slower game with great story
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by David_Lopan
    Probably LOTRO or Vanguard because community is key at this point (5 years is along time).

Yep,5 yrs is a long time.That lengthy time period is what has me curious,the commitment.Which game is worth it to you?

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Although over the years I have probably enjoyed WoW the most, It is showings its age. I would have to say GW2 for the next 5 years because it offers a bit of everything. You can play casual or hardcore, jump right into PvP or just do some PvE that has a very good combat. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Tabloid42Tabloid42 Member UncommonPosts: 200

wow,.5 years,...well,.I played Lotro for about that long so far,..so Lotro it is!

DCUO a close second,..it's just so satisfying beating on goons : )

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

Yep,5 yrs is a long time.That lengthy time period is what has me curious,the commitment.Which game is worth it to you?

Either one but honestly, Vanguard may (i say MAY, not will) shutdown in that time span, so LOTRO it is :)

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

Current MMO: LotRO

Upcoming MMO: The Repopulation

Skies the Limit: SWG, pre-CU

• nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Defiance...
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365

Definitely either Lotro or EVE online. 

Lotro for the reason that it has a great community, great story, and I love Lord of the Rings. It's one of those mmo's where I could play with friends or just go it alone and quest. I don't feel pressured into trying to rush though content and be the best in the game. Still awesome graphics, music, and the fact that you can actually play instruments rules.

EVE online because it promises to be great in the future. Honestly, 10 years and still going stronger than ever.. can't go wrong with this game. It's just up to you if you like the kind of game it is. Great community for people in game, especially if you are new and need help (you will :D). 

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

Either one but honestly, Vanguard may (i say MAY, not will) shutdown in that time span, so LOTRO it is :)

Yea hate to say it,but if any SOE game has a shot at being shut down,Vanguard may be a strong candidate.Nothing against the game,but...

Arya Stark

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by spookydom
    If I had to pick one it would be Eve. 

Yeah Eveonline

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Current MMO: EQ2 - it's tough and there are a lot of things I don't like about EQ2, but if it can only be one MMO for 5 years this is definitely a safe bet as it's the only MMO with enough content to sustain me for 5 years.

Upcoming MMO:  Wildstar - Another tough choice as I really want to say Black Desert here and with no info about EQNext it would be too risky to put down here, but I'm not sure that game is going to feature enough content for 5 straight years without becoming repetitive, but on the other hand Wildstar catering to the 1% means there should be a lot of content for someone playing it at a very hardcore level.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

EVE Online

Reason:

• - they have a road map for at least the next three years of development
    • - the playerbase is constantly growing
    • - there will be free expansions and updates every year
    • - I've been playing for eight years and don't see my fascination with the game fading any time soon

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Its not out yet but wildstar and whats out even though i said i would never go back probly wow if it was free
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

There is not a single MMO available in North America today that I have the least bit of interest in playing for five years.  There are a few upcoming titles that I *hope* might have that kind of longevity, but I have my doubts.

Eve might be a good choice though, even though I've tried and failed to get into it multiple times.