Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game has the most max-level content?

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Crap, wrong forums.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Volkon

Crap, wrong forums.

You should just change the title and take the golden opportunity to talk about GW2. 

You could pick a bunch of different topics, but I would recommend talking about the new CS addition "How to Dance, Volume I"

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

EQ2

it has downscaling like GW2 and much more content

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Nadia

EQ2

It also had some major patches to it, so how the original release of EQ2 compare to GW2?

• Age of Conan. Tons of solo, 6-man dungeons and 24-man raid content
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

It also had some major patches to it, so how the original release of EQ2 compare to GW2?

Not really a comparison, EQ2 flopped hard on release and for good reason. Many poor decisions were made and waves of beta testers ignored as they left in the group debt system just long enough for everyone to switch to WoW and enter EQ2 as one of the biggest letdowns in gaming history.

It's picked up a bit since then but is still sort of this pointless game where half the classes don't belong and you spam a million different no cooldown abilities until the monsters die.

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
     is still sort of this pointless game where half the classes don't belong and you spam a million different no cooldown abilities until the monsters die.

most EQ2 skills have cooldowns (recast timers) - dont know when you last played

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    GW2 is a good candidate with the down leveling.  I think you could say a skill based game that doesn't restrict where you go based on levels would also qualify.  A game like Darkfall.  Actually, any sandbox game should qualify as well.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    GW2 is a good candidate with the down leveling.  I think you could say a skill based game that doesn't restrict where you go based on levels would also qualify.  A game like Darkfall.  Actually, any sandbox game should qualify as well.

Pretty much my answer, as well. Free Realms, Darkfall, Puzzle Pirates, EVE Online, Ultima Online, Second Life, and - dare I suggest - EQ2 would be my suggestions.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by Nadia

EQ2

im assuming OP is talking about now -- not at launch

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    The correct answer is FFXI. You will never run out of things to do at max level on that game. If you got all the time in the world to play then thats the game for you hands down.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

IMO down lvling sucks big time

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Downleveling doesn't feel like your character has progressed. IMHO.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by waynejr2

The point is if you want to help friends but also feel like you have a vested interest in staying alive, downleveling does that. If you want to be 'UBER' and powerlevel friends, this game is not for you.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well daoc kept me going the longest of any mmo.

10 end game pve raids per faction (30 total)
    Rvr in the frontiers obviously
    Darkness falls pvp raid dungeon
    Then there's the instanced stuff that came with catacombs, but I prefer to forget that
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by waynejr2

Regardless, it allows for the addition of content that will always be relevant.  Much better than the alternative of going ever higher and leaving old areas far behind.

Jean juc
    It excludes wow and EQ yeah

But daoc isn't a heavy vertical progression game like them. They always expanded it horizontaly bot vertical. Well maybe you could say toa was a vertical expansion, but not the others.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Neverwinter has like 12 dungeons and Heroic version of each of those.  Gauntlgrym hasn't even  been released yet.  Then on top of that there is the Foundry, quite a few missions and campaigns already implemented and more coming online every day.  Best and most varied content of any MMO I've played since WoW.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Yes jean juc. It has levels and it has pvp renown ranks.

But its just not as heavily gear driven as wow or EQ, it really isn't. It's why there was such a big influx of EQ players to it when EQ went the instance raiding and tiered item sets route.

More importantly, unlike wow, each expansion, expanded the game horizontally, much like coh and gw expansions, they didn't make the old endgame obsolete, they just made the endgame more.

It's really not a vertical gear mainline game like wow at all. Some simmilarities with EQ before its expansions though yeah.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I would have to say EQ2 or Lineage 2

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

At the risk of sounding old... I remember when people logged into MMORPG's not to smash through content and reach end game.  WOW changed that big time and I'm still trying to decide if it's for the better or if MMORPG's would have been better off if they remained very niche.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• shadow9d9shadow9d9 Member UncommonPosts: 374
    Originally posted by DeaconX

At the risk of sounding old... I remember when people logged into MMORPG's not to smash through content and reach end game.  WOW changed that big time and I'm still trying to decide if it's for the better or if MMORPG's would have been better off if they remained very niche.

Umm, there should not even BE a max level... Asheron's Call had the sky as the limit for the first many years...

This discussion has been closed.