Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Watch out - ID scrolls are secret cash cow for PW

13»

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Sorry but the OP really is wrong. I dump tons of ID scrolls in my guild bank all the time for other guildies. 

However if all you do is queue for pvp and skirmishes you arent gonna find any ID scrolls otherwise they are the most common drop in game.

• SoulStainSoulStain Member Posts: 202

I actually use  ID Scrolls on almost every unidentified green..so i can vend it for max price and have more cash for healing potions. I've almost depleted my supply of ID scrolls a few times but I find the foundry quests seem to drop shitloads.So I run through a few mid to long duration foundry quests to restock my ID scrolls..plus i can satisfy a daily and usually get a decent piece of gear as well. Quite a few of the foundry quests are really well done too.

Now it will probably be harder to restock ID scrolls at higher levels..idk.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Punk999

Thank god i have self control! I also dont blame a company about makin money on adults who cant control their spending.

Now if they make it where i cant go any further without spending money then id just quit.

I have no self control, and still agree with you. 

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

- You can acquire ID scrolls from mob drops.

- There are more scrolls than Items you need to Identify.

Been there heard that.

In gw2 they said chest keys will be obtainable in game. And indeed they are.

I have around 400 hundred chests and 20 keys. And want to know funny fact? The keys don't drop anymore, they were for first monts, in order to show honest intent and then they stopped.

Now gw2 chests are useless. But how about ID scrolls ?

Player runs out of them, and  cant equip that super shiny drop he just got in that super hard dungeon he sweated over for hour.

So he have to grind astral diamonds for hour. But it takes patience, spare time and lack of curiosity. He probably got few equipment pieces too.

What I am saying is that PW is keeping ID scroll drop good now. Waiting for people to get hooked.

And than they will turn the switch. You will see...

Keys still drop in GW2, they are just VERY rare.

I think I logged in 1400+ hours and obtained 2 outside of the beta and personal story rewards, both well after a month of release.

As for ID scrolls, I've had to buy a stack occasionally, but you earn far more AD than the cost of scrolls so I don't see the problem.  Certainly not the drain you are claiming it is.  I'm 60 BTW.  I don't foresee there being some secret switch they are going to turn on either, they are already making a fortune off whales buying their gear and enchants and rushing 60 anyway that they have no reason to force the P2W aspect down people's throats.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

Is it recommended to NOT use the ID scrolls when you are still leveling or just use them sparingly? I am only level 8 and I have a few greens I've looted and the gear I'm wearing is common whites.

So for example:

equipped: Common white weapon - lvl 4

inventory: unidentifid  green weapon lvl 6  for my class<----should I ID it and replace my common lvl 4 weapon? (I'm lvl 8)

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

Is it recommended to NOT use the ID scrolls when you are still leveling or just use them sparingly? I am only level 8 and I have a few greens I've looted and the gear I'm wearing is common whites.

So for example:

inventory: unidentifid  green weapon lvl 6  for my class<----should I ID it and replace my common lvl 4 weapon? (I'm lvl 8)

You need to buy (or get from drops) higher level ID scrolls anyway at certain points (I think 30 and 60) so might as well just use the ID scrolls when you get them.  If you do have to buy more scrolls a stack is very cheap in terms of diamonds and you'll get way more diamonds that you can spend on scrolls through normal play of the game anyway.  The drop rates of scrolls seem to be about equal to green drops, with maybe slightly more green/blue/epic drops when running dungeons than scrolls.  Even if you run nothing but group dungeons the cost for scrolls is very minor and certainly not the cash cow the OP thinks they'll be.

• SwobyJSwobyJ Member Posts: 80
    Originally posted by AIMonster
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

So for example:

You need to buy (or get from drops) higher level ID scrolls anyway at certain points (I think 30 and 60) so might as well just use the ID scrolls when you get them.  If you do have to buy more scrolls a stack is very cheap in terms of diamonds and you'll get way more diamonds that you can spend on scrolls through normal play of the game anyway.  The drop rates of scrolls seem to be about equal to green drops, with maybe slightly more green/blue/epic drops when running dungeons than scrolls.  Even if you run nothing but group dungeons the cost for scrolls is very minor and certainly not the cash cow the OP thinks they'll be.

Shhh let OP hyperbole.