Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game has the most max-level content?

VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I'm not even going to try and create a poll for this... no doubt I'd miss something. But here's the gist of it. You're in your MMO, at max level (or the equivalent), and you want to do... something. Which game out there has the most viable content for your character at max. level? (By viable I mean content that you're intended to do at level as opposed to, for example, going to a newbie zone and one-shotting everything when you take a deep breath.)

If you can, list the content.

Oderint, dum metuant.

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    It would be hard to know for sure, but both EQ1, FFXI and WoW have had the longest to add endgame content.  Games like Rift, GW1/2 are tiny by comparison. L2 has/had really tough content but is focused more at other things.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,350
    Probably Guild Wars.  You get to the level cap very quickly, and most of the game is built assuming that you're at the level cap.  And then if you flip to hard mode, everything is built assuming that you're at the level cap.
    Originally posted by CyclopsSlayer
    It would be hard to know for sure, but both EQ1, FFXI and WoW have had the longest to add endgame content content.  Games like Rift, GW1/2 are tiny by comparison. L2 has/had really tough content but is focused more at other things.

The problem with older games is that as soon as you increase the level cap, everything that used to be max-level content no longer is, so you completely start over on creating max level content.  You need not just a game that has added a lot of content over the years, but also a game that has steadfastly refused to increase the level cap.

Furthermore, you also need a game that doesn't really let you progress much further after you reach the cap.  WoW-style progression raiding means that once you've got the best gear, the overwhelming majority of the level cap content really isn't meant for you, as it's meant for lower gear.  Having a lot to do at the cap without it really making you stronger is fairly unusual in an MMORPG, which lets us dismiss most games out of hand.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Quizzical
    Probably Guild Wars.  You get to the level cap very quickly, and most of the game is built assuming that you're at the level cap.  And then if you flip to hard mode, everything is built assuming that you're at the level cap.

Lol, GW2 has nothing near the max level content of EQ2, anyone who thinks so is delusional.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Honestly this is a hard question to answer due to the nature of games and expansions. When expansions come out and raise level caps and give huge gear improvements that make older high end content more trivial. 

However overall content would have to go toEQ1 all the way around. Not even WOW can come close. They also have probably the hardest content around. With massive raids that require alot more coordination to pull off successfully.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Eve because it doesn't have max level or endgame.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

Lol, GW2 has nothing near the max level content of EQ2, anyone who thinks so is delusional.

I believe he's talking about the original Guild Wars.

Oderint, dum metuant.

If your talking themeparks though, usual suspects wow, daoc, eq.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

D3 because of paragon leveling, random dungeons, and random loot.

Oh, someone will remind me that it is not a MMO .. close enough for me.

• DominionlordDominionlord Member UncommonPosts: 180

perhaps he meant the original?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Guild Wars 1 -- most the content is intended for level 20
  • BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Volkon

But Guild Wars only had huge amounts of end game content because the cap was low (tbh I thought it was a vastly better system than most mmo's including GW2; you played because it was fun).

It is probably WOW, but it is still repetitive grind.  

Whether it's the original guild wars or not it still loses out to EQ2 lol.

Originally posted by BrucyBonus

But Guild Wars only had huge amounts of end game content because the cap was low (tbh I thought it was a vastly better system than most mmo's including GW2; you played because it was fun).

It is probably WOW, but it is still repetitive grind.  

I don't think WOW even get's close to EQ2.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

if the op is including downscaling,

I agree,  EQ2 qualifies for most content w its mentoring system

Nari
    But them paragon levels and what have you.

It's just the same content on a harder difficulty

It's not new content, its the same content on a higher difficulty.

And yeah, d3, tl2 and poe are not mmos.

You might as well call left 4 dead or borderlands a mmo in that case.
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Guild Wars 1 -- most the content is intended for level 20

That's not the question.

"what game has the most max-level content"

GW1 only goes up to level 20 so it's the games max level.

Originally posted by Nadia

if the op is including downscaling,

I agree,  EQ2 qualifies for most content w its mentoring system

Even without down scaling EQ2 wins.

Guild Wars 1, not 2.

One of these
    EQ
    Wow
    Eq2
    Gw1 (if you have all 4 boxes)
    Daoc (if you roll 3 characters)

Coh / cov had quite a lot too.

But really the games that don't have endgame at all like eve and uo have the most content.

Guild Wars 1, not 2.

See my other post after that, even GW1 doesn't win against EQ2, on top of that i think RIFT is right up there as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%28video_game%29#Content_updates

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28

Age of conan. for sure.

People saying wow are retarded, content that gets trivialised every 2 years, does not count as endgame

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by WelshyJT

Age of conan. for sure.

People saying wow are retarded, content that gets trivialised every 2 years, does not count as endgame

But if you have played it since 2005 you have experienced a hell of a lot of end-game content.  Ultimately it proved pointless when the next expansion was released, but these are bloody computer games, who gives a crap if your gear goes out of fashion in a couple of years.  

• Age of Conan, hands down.

Solo content, 6-mans and 24-man raids.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Nari
    But them paragon levels and what have you.

It's just the same content on a harder difficulty

It's not new content, its the same content on a higher difficulty.

And yeah, d3, tl2 and poe are not mmos.

You might as well call left 4 dead or borderlands a mmo in that case.

Yeah .. Borderlands are also close enough for me.

Same content on a harder difficulty? isn't that what hard mode raids are? heroic dungeons? At least random dungeons means that the content is different.

Is running the same raid/dungeon 1000 times .. more, or less content than running a random one 1000 tiems?