Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star War the game EA shouldn't make!

pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63

What up, everyone?

EA the company behind Battle field 3 (BF3) has agreed to a multi year contract with Disney to create Star Wars video games. Though EA is an amazing company, Disney is not, well when it comes to games. Disney create rated E for everyone OR rated T for teens, which is good but not great. I believe that EA should not do a couple of thing to the game "Star Wars" :

It should not be a 3rd person video game.
It should not look Disney like.
It should not look like they rushed the game.
It should have blood in it.

Also we have no idea what are they going to name the game since they recently got the contract." ! also done a quick commentary on my YouTube channel if you would like to check it out simply search ninjapmw, i`m the first one.

Comments

• McPickleMcPickle Member Posts: 39

Ea doesn't make games, they publish them.

Dice made BF3. It's also Bioware, among other companies. People just hear EA and hop on the bandwagon.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    companies that fall under the EA umbrella will be making the games
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by pmw4friend

Though EA is an amazing company.

I don't even know what to say to this. EA is the worst company to ever have any affiliation with any video game in any industry. I'd take Disney's lack of experience over EA's terrible track record any day of the week. Not sure what gaming world you have been a part of, but EA turns everything they touch to rubble. Even if the games are 'developed' by other companies, if EA is an investor, you can be assured the game will be terrible.

Sorry, but i disagree with everything you are saying. It is Disney that will make this a solid game in every aspect of creation. The less EA is involved, the better. Disney has been ahead on the curb in everything they sink their teeth into. The people running Disney don't have their head up their asses like the people running EA.

I fear for this game. Not because of Disney, but because of EA.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

EA was given exclusive rights by Disney to be the sole publisher of Star Wars games.

Exclusive.

I was giving Disney the benefit of the doubt after taking over the SW franchise, and what they were going to do with the movies.  My belief was that Lucas had been f***ing it up since '99 so bad, that JJ Abrams and Disney cannot possibly do any worse to the movies.  Then, for the gaming side, we go from underwhelming, lackluster, unimaginative, inept Lucasarts, to EA.  EA!  Electronic Arts!  The only other bigger D-Bags in gaming is Activision, and they've been laying low lately since EA wants the D-Bag spotlight!  The guys that have been voted two years in a row the worst company, even over some awful banks and such out there!

Oh Disney... you just sold the gaming soul to the Devil image

LOL, I'm glad I have not bought a Star Wars game in so many years.  Oh my goodness...

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

Well... Goodbye Star Wars gaming as I will not by any game with EA anywhere on the package. Not like any company under EA would make anything worth buying anyway. This just tells me that all Star Wars games from this point on will be rushed cash grabs with half of the content locked into expensive extra DLC. One thing I can be sure of is if EA is involved I won't be missing much at all by not buying anymore SW games.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63

But i thought everyone liked battlefield and battlefield is publish by EA.
    "Net revenue was reported at 3.78 billion against an estimate of $3.7 billion to $3.8 billion" from gameinformer.com

Originally posted by Brenelael
    Well... Goodbye Star Wars gaming as I will not by any game with EA anywhere on the package. Not like any company under EA would make anything worth buying anyway. This just tells me that all Star Wars games from this point on will be rushed cash grabs with half of the content locked into expensive extra DLC. One thing I can be sure of is if EA is involved I won't be missing much at all by not buying anymore SW games. Bren

"Net revenue was reported at 3.78 billion against an estimate of $3.7 billion to $3.8 billion" from gameinformer.com

Well... Goodbye Star Wars gaming as I will not by any game with EA anywhere on the package. Not like any company under EA would make anything worth buying anyway. This just tells me that all Star Wars games from this point on will be rushed cash grabs with half of the content locked into expensive extra DLC. One thing I can be sure of is if EA is involved I won't be missing much at all by not buying anymore SW games.

Bren

Battlefield 1942 was a great game. Since then it's been the same old rehashed garbage. I can safely say the same for every other IP franchise EA publishes as well. They do have a good game now and then but then they drive it into the ground by making the exact same game a dozen more times and call them "Sequels" . The entire EA Sports franchise is built on this foundation... most of their FPS games as well.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Though EA is an amazing company, Disney is not,

This guy is trolling us thats all...

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Bren

Battlefield 1942 was a great game. Since then it's been the same old rehashed garbage. I can safely say the same for every other IP franchise EA publishes as well. They do have a good game now and then but then they drive it into the ground by making the exact same game a dozen more times and call them "Sequels" . The entire EA Sports franchise is built on this foundation... most of their FPS games as well.

Bren

Battlefield 3 wasn't a  rehash, they had a whole new engine for it...CoD is the one that rehashes things... They're still used the same engine for every game lol.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Caldrin

Though EA is an amazing company, Disney is not,

This guy is trolling us thats all...

No he's just trying to advertise his youtube channel, can't be much cop at it though as he doesnt even know who makes the games he's ranting on about, bit of an epic fail moment there really image

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I dont know if you are aware of this, but lightsaber wounds dont bleed.
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Bren

Bren

Battlefield 3 wasn't a  rehash, they had a whole new engine for it...CoD is the one that rehashes things... They're still used the same engine for every game lol.

Better graphics doesn't make it a whole different game. It's the exact same gameplay with a few additions that was in every battlefield game before it.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    This news story is funny to me.  Apparently Disney never heard of SWToR.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983
    EA and Disney sittin in a tree...