Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why WOW has horrible pvp.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

I recently started playing WOW and had a very fun beginning.  With my level 20 rogue I have over 300 solo open world kills.  Those are kills that were within 5 levels of myself.  My Paladin is level 70 and he has around 100 open world kills.  I also did the battlezones and such so I would like to tell pvp community why they shouldn't play this game.  First of all if you don't care about pvp balance then this is the place for you.  I have been playing pvp games since 1998 and I tell you that WOW has the worse balance ever experienced.  I was very mad at the way they have handled the issue and it is just wrong for such a high revenue game to end up like this.

From level 1-80 the priests cannot be killed by anything 2v1 and sometimes 5v1.

Priests,Paladins, and Druids cannot kill each other from level 30+ to level 80+.

So basically you are a level 60 Paladin and get in a fight with two other players.  The end result is stalemate.  Lots of fun mashing buttons and running circles around everyone hoping to get a 3v1 so you can actually kill someone.  But if he is a priest then you dont get to kill him.

So if you want competetive pvp then WOW is not the place for you.  If you wanna faceroll people then be a Priest for 89 levels and own the game, but at level 90 you will be considered useless.  Don't go there hoping they will one day fix these issues because if you have played then you have already seen how they don't care because it is impossible for anyone to be that stupid when it comes to pvp.

Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Why WOW has horrible pvp for me.

/Fixed

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Originally posted by StonesDK

Why WOW has horrible pvp for me.

/Fixed

Lol'd :P

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I think any mmorpg that is full of instanced battleground/arena pvp and no open pvp is horrible. There was open pvp in WoW if you played on a non Rp server, so I wouldn't consider it the worse. The gear grind was worse than anything in WoW. The pve and extra activities you could do were great, I spent so many hours just fishing away for cooking and selling stuff on the AH when I played years ago.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by filmoret
    So basically you are a level 60 Paladin and get in a fight with two other players.  The end result is stalemate. 

Whats funny, Is thats the definition of balance.

Logically: Equal dps, equil damage reduction and equil healing will result in a stalemate. what you want is unbalance so one of those can break the equilibrium so one can win over the rest.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

I do recognize that I suck at pvp and my gear was never great.

However my paladin and druid regularly pvp'd and lost most matches up to 70 (highest I've gotten).

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

I personally hate PVP in WoW due to it turning into a huge CC fest, but to claim its not competative because Blizz doesnt focus on pre level cap balance, esp when ranked arenas are some of the most competative MMO PvP in existance (with players like swifty getting sponsors etc), is one of the largest straw grasps iv seen on here in a while lol.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CvTW70dzo

^ WoW PVP till 90 lol protection warrior only!

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Originally posted by Punk999

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2CvTW70dzo

^ WoW PVP till 90 lol protection warrior only!

PvE as well, you can pretty much solo the pre level cap dungeons at lvl. All balance focus is on endgame, which quite frankly, other MMOs should do to keep players playing.

• Nova700Nova700 Member UncommonPosts: 28

I recently started playing WOW and had a very fun beginning.  With my level 20 rogue I have over 300 solo open world kills.  Those are kills that were within 5 levels of myself.  My Paladin is level 70 and he has around 100 open world kills.  I also did the battlezones and such so I would like to tell pvp community why they shouldn't play this game.  First of all if you don't care about pvp balance then this is the place for you.  I have been playing pvp games since 1998 and I tell you that WOW has the worse balance ever experienced.  I was very mad at the way they have handled the issue and it is just wrong for such a high revenue game to end up like this.

From level 1-80 the priests cannot be killed by anything 2v1 and sometimes 5v1.

Priests,Paladins, and Druids cannot kill each other from level 30+ to level 80+.

So basically you are a level 60 Paladin and get in a fight with two other players.  The end result is stalemate.  Lots of fun mashing buttons and running circles around everyone hoping to get a 3v1 so you can actually kill someone.  But if he is a priest then you dont get to kill him.

So if you want competetive pvp then WOW is not the place for you.  If you wanna faceroll people then be a Priest for 89 levels and own the game, but at level 90 you will be considered useless.  Don't go there hoping they will one day fix these issues because if you have played then you have already seen how they don't care because it is impossible for anyone to be that stupid when it comes to pvp.

What game are you playing?? Disc priest are great right now...same with shadow...fail troll is fail

The game is not balanced, but if you are going to talk about balance at least talk about it at max level.  No one cares about lower lvl as it is really all based on gear.

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

So, you're compaining about class balance before 90 and in a non-competitive setting? Cool. 

• GODGANONDORFGODGANONDORF Member Posts: 59
    Actually any game that is not close to the duel system of a Beat em up like the soul calibur or street fighter style games are far from being balanced, the more variations u add to the posibility to win makes it harder and harder to balance in WOW case as in most mmos the fact you can grind hours gear to be more powerful than others makes it more unbalanced and less fun, like making competitions on real life between rich people who can purchase a  super car and other who have no car so i understand why is not fun at all.

DARK AND LIGHT I GOVERN BOTH

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Yeah i heard all about how balance only matter at 90 etc.

Well when a new player tries your game then he just gets destroyed by a Tank by pressing 1 button it is not good.

Of course this is nothing new.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    If it takes more then three people to kill 1 player then it is broken.  I can't believe people assume that someone who has played pvp games for over 15 years is stupid.  WOW really messed up because neither party dies instead they all have to give up and walk away or wait for extra support.  They created a gankfest environment because that is the only way you gonna kill any of these characters.  Yes if you don't care about how stupid the -90 pvp is then you could possibly have fun at 90.  They did such a sorry job from 1-89 I have no reason to believe that for 1 level it is any different at the top.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by The1ceQueen
    I think any mmorpg that is full of instanced battleground/arena pvp and no open pvp is horrible. There was open pvp in WoW if you played on a non Rp server, so I wouldn't consider it the worse. The gear grind was worse than anything in WoW. The pve and extra activities you could do were great, I spent so many hours just fishing away for cooking and selling stuff on the AH when I played years ago.

this

If it takes more then three people to kill 1 player then it is broken.  I can't believe people assume that someone who has played pvp games for over 15 years is stupid.  WOW really messed up because neither party dies instead they all have to give up and walk away or wait for extra support.  They created a gankfest environment because that is the only way you gonna kill any of these characters.  Yes if you don't care about how stupid the -90 pvp is then you could possibly have fun at 90.  They did such a sorry job from 1-89 I have no reason to believe that for 1 level it is any different at the top.

It is much different at 90. Go play 3s instead of complaining about class balance in PUG BG's which are likely full of twinks. 

Yea who cares about the players who quit because -90 pvp sucks.  And now that priests have been fixed that just makes it even worse that they are the best class to play even at the top.  WOW loses a lot of players because they only care about the top level game.  You do realize it only takes 1 person a few hours to actually fix it.
    Yea who cares about the players who quit because -90 pvp sucks.  And now that priests have been fixed that just makes it even worse that they are the best class to play even at the top.  WOW loses a lot of players because they only care about the top level game.  You do realize it only takes 1 person a few hours to actually fix it.

I don't care if you quit. For the record, Priests are now competitive. They are not overwhelmingly strong. You think one person can fix class balance for the entire game in one hour? Sorta doubt that, bro. 

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

WoW PVP has probably changed a lot over the years I've not been playing the game, but I know that in TBC/WOTLK it was being balanced around max level 3v3 scenarios (competitive Arena).

Wouldn't know what Blizzard's philosophy is nowadays, but I would expect it to be less balance-oriented now that  the game is no longer considered an esport by anyone and, as far as I know, the community is a lot less competitive than a few expansions back.

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    I've seen priests, paladins and druids die in pvp before level cap one-on-one.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

PvP has always been a side attraction in WOW. WOW devs care about questing, instances and raids, not so much PvP.

Also... especially in the past couple of years they have pretty well given up on balancing 1-max level content in both PvE and PvP. Some classes are ridiculously overpowered even in PvE. Just level a hunter (or warlock or Paladin) and a mage in the same 1-30 areas to see what I mean.

I don't know why anyone would expect WOW PvP to be high quality.

Having said that... Noxxic is your friend:  http://www.noxxic.com/wow

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    problem with WoW pvp is that blizz always balance it considering end game, that is currently level 90. i have problem with the entire leveling system, i think MMORPG should never have levels. why? because then it becomes necessary to balance each level of character. and it is completely impossible to do, specially at open world situation, we can try to balance character in instance with some system but that can never work in world pvp. get rid off the levels, instead make character upgrade experience based, like upgrading each point of endurance will cost 2000 experience or each point of fire resistance require 5000 xp and so on.it will automatically balance out.     

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Yea I was just expecting a decent pvp game because of how much money they make.  Sadly however there are tons of other pvp games out there who have done a better job with 1/100th the budget.  I have a few days left on my WOW account if anyone thinks I'm wrong then I accept any challenge to kill my level 70 Paladin in a 2v1.  I'm on the American pvp server zuluhead.  The guy who said the defensive warriors are the strongest is wrong because only the twinked warriors are strong and they are not as strong as the twinked  Paladins, Priests, Druids... Not even close.  Balance cannot be considered without equal gear settings.  Anything is overpowered when they are twinked against new players.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Your first clue that a game isn't going to have good pvp in it is....it has mmo at the start of it.
  • OysterstewOysterstew Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Theres always at least one person who chimes in and says "No one cares about lower level PVP", in a thread like this. While that may be the opinion of that poster, it is hardly fact. Many people, including myself, play lower levels and would like to see the pvp balanced better. There used to even be more of us, but many became to frustrated with the game and moved on. I wonder if a true and proper fix to PVP balance might bring back some old subscibers.
    Originally posted by Oysterstew
    Theres always at least one person who chimes in and says "No one cares about lower level PVP", in a thread like this. While that may be the opinion of that poster, it is hardly fact. Many people, including myself, play lower levels and would like to see the pvp balanced better. There used to even be more of us, but many became to frustrated with the game and moved on. I wonder if a true and proper fix to PVP balance might bring back some old subscibers.

I have no problem if you have gripes about pre cap PVP....just make sure your complaint is for just that, not "PvP in general", then complain about pre 90 BGs.

GW2 gets around this by not having pre cap PVP at all. I personally prefer GW2's PVP, but some don;t like the fact that when you q for structured PVP, you don't play your character, they give you a fully decked out toon of the same class, which breaks the RPG immersion immensely.