Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scarlet Blade Ads are getting old really fast...

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
Guys, really. You should know that by now this is getting ridiculous. It's Scarlet Blade ads that are filled with skimpy clothing on women for way too long now. I know you guys need the advertising money but it's starting to make the site look ridiculous now...

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    The Scarlet Blade ads got old a really long time ago which is why I got Adblock for Firefox. The funny thing is I get a little message at the top of my screen when I log on to this website whining about how I have adblock turned on and saying they needs ads to keep the site open. Well if they want me to get rid of my Adblocker, they can get rid of Scarlet Blade and other such ads. It's really as simple as that. Is the cash they get from Scarlet Blade ads really worth the ever growing amount of MMORPG.com visitors that are using Adblockers now? They lose money on other ads with each and every new person that uses an Adblocker so I sure as hell hope Scarlet Blade paid them a shitload of cash for those ads.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    The ads are showing because the company paid to have them up. Get used to it.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    press (ctrl +)  a couple times and quit worrying about it. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Oh, yay, another thread complaining about the ads.

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I found this snippet in the advertising policies section "While we depend on advertising to survive, we also have very strict policies to make sure that the user experience is kept as high as possible and not to annoy our community"

To me the sb adds violates that, as in the annoy part.   There have been tons of threads about this, and you know what, addblock stays in place. All I can say is that SB adds have been in place for several days now as I only seen one add and that was for neverwinter, the rest have been blank. 

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

I honestly don't get the complaints. Is it from religious people? puritans? people ashamed they are turned on by it making them react negatively? sexual orientation reasons?

It would be awesome if somebody would give a reasonable explanation other than "I can't communicate with my girlfriend or wife about this" or "it just is"

Maybe I'm not suppose to get it.. its the interwebs we needs to complain!

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Ads: ignorable.

Endless forum threads: less ignorable.  :/

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by erictlewis

I found this snippet in the advertising policies section "While we depend on advertising to survive, we also have very strict policies to make sure that the user experience is kept as high as possible and not to annoy our community"

To me the sb adds violates that, as in the annoy part.   There have been tons of threads about this, and you know what, addblock stays in place. All I can say is that SB adds have been in place for several days now as I only seen one add and that was for neverwinter, the rest have been blank. 

Try several weeks. Scarlet Blade ads have been a nuisance here for far too long.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
    For me this is just further proof that this forum holds some of the whiniest bitches on the net. I have never seen more lame ass shit than I do on these forums. You wussies give MMORPGer's a bad name and I am certain those that run this site have heard just about enough of your BS. Lock this sucker down befor I start layin into these muthers. I am bored today and could use the sport.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by StonesDK

I honestly don't get the complaints. Is it from religious people? puritans? people ashamed they are turned on by it making them react negatively? sexual orientation reasons?

Same here really don't get it.

I ignore most adds but I do read the forums as the forums is why I am here not so much these adds.

I did show my wife these adds a few weeks back when the complaints began to come in. She looked at them and asked me if this was a gaming site, I said yes, she said then what's wrong with those adds? Mind you she aint a gamer.

I also think that The Marketing department of Scarlet Blade thanks Kuppa (OP) for once again bringing attention to their game!!

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by Axehilt

Ads: ignorable.

Endless forum threads: less ignorable.  :/

This.

The ads are ridiculous.  The threads are even more ridiculous.

Originally posted by Mardukk

Originally posted by Axehilt
    Ads: ignorable. Endless forum threads: less ignorable.  :/

This.

The ads are ridiculous.  The threads are even more ridiculous.

This.
  • MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    It's called business.  Own one and maybe you will learn something.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    People have a right to voice their opinion. I don't exactly enjoy seeing mass amounts of cleavage every time I go to MMORPG.com either. It's gross.

Smile

You guys just need to slowly reach around behind you and pull your panties out of the bunch they are in,  then go look in the mirror and remind yourselves that your men and you can deal with alittle digital TnA without needing to express your distaste to all of us.

-Robert E. Howard

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    People have a right to voice their opinion. I don't exactly enjoy seeing mass amounts of cleavage every time I go to MMORPG.com either. It's gross.

So you have a problem with the female body being exposed. A problem with sexualization. At least that's a reasonable explanation. Thank you for being so forthcoming about something so private

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

So you have a problem with the female body being exposed. A problem with sexualization. At least that's a reasonable explanation. Thank you for being so forthcoming about something so private

The hilarity of it is that these people come here to play games that depict all manner of VIOLENCE, but put a little sexuality in there and they all run to Jesus.... it's very telling about the values most people hold.

No, it's SICK that most people are ok with violence in every form of media on earth, but sexuality is "bad".

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

Originally posted by Redcor
    You guys just need to slowly reach around behind you and pull your panties out of the bunch they are in,  then go look in the mirror and remind yourselves that your men and you can deal with alittle digital TnA without needing to express your distaste to all of us.

without needing to express your distaste to all of us.

How does "being a man" have anything to do with it? Their are women on this site too. You're coming off as an annoying sexist.

Smile

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It would be awesome if somebody would give a reasonable explanation other than "I can't communicate with my girlfriend or wife about this" or "it just is"

Slackers who are goofing off at their jobs surfing this site rather than doing their jobs.  They are afraid someone might see the ads over their shoulders and realize it's not CNN or something. 

Like me, but I make sure to narrow the window down to hide the sidebar ads and my monitor is strategically placed to be out of the view.  image

BTW, what is silly for most of those folks is their IT departments likely are monitoring every site they visit, so its not like their employers really don't know what they are up to.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    It is sad that supposedly adult people can't deal with adverts that are outside their control on a website about gaming. Personally I think all this wife and kids stuff is rubbish, the main issue people have is they browse this site instead of working and a large anime cartoon risqué lady at the side of your screen screams "I am a slacker, please fire me"
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

I don't know much about the ad process, but from what I've gathered over the years there's a "stock of advertising" for companies to buy every month.  And it seems Aeria has enough money to buy a large amount of that stock.

Luckily, they're easy enough to ignore.  It just makes work-place surfing and in the same room as your wife surfing a little weird to explain.  :P

Unless LOTS OF PEOPLE love actually paying for Scarlet Blade, I can't imagine they'll be able to buy many more... can they?!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Originally posted by Redcor

without needing to express your distaste to all of us.

How does "being a man" have anything to do with it? Their are women on this site too. You're coming off as an annoying sexist.

Pardon me Madam, Then kindly pull your panties from a bunch and remind your self in the mirror that your a woman and don't need to express your distaste to the rest of us humam beings that are here.

-Robert E. Howard

Originally posted by RefMinor

It is sad that supposedly adult people can't deal with adverts that are outside their control on a website about gaming. Personally I think all this wife and kids stuff is rubbish, the main issue people have is they browse this site instead of working and a large anime cartoon risqu
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Guys, really. You should know that by now this is getting ridiculous. It's Scarlet Blade ads that are filled with skimpy clothing on women for way too long now. I know you guys need the advertising money but it's starting to make the site look ridiculous now...

Nothing wrong with the ad.

Originally posted by MindTrigger

The hilarity of it is that these people come here to play games that depict all manner of VIOLENCE, but put a little sexuality in there and they all run to Jesus.... it's very telling about the values most people hold.

No, it's SICK that most people are ok with violence in every form of media on earth, but sexuality is "bad".

Considering I'm not religious, I'm not running to Jesus (a.k.a. work of fiction *cough~cough*) anytime soon. It has more to do with the fact that I'm gay and just honestly find the female body sexually repulsive. That's why I'm not really arguing either way for the ads because honestly if it were a bunch of shirtless men that were taking up the ad-space I'd be going "hells yah."

So yeah, I personally don't get the huge fuss. It just grosses me out.

And also @Redcor: The fact that you assumed I was a women when I mentioned how sexist your comment sounded just proves how sexist you are.

Smile

This discussion has been closed.