Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: The Influence of Alcohol

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

One of the more interesting features that Age of Wushu players can experience is the ability to tolerate (or not) alcohol. Being 'drunk' in the game adds an evade buff. The higher the tolerance for alcohol, the harder it is to get 'drunk' and earn the bonus.

Drinking and becoming drunk rewards players with a Evade buff during combat. The higher the tolerance of a player, the more alcohol is required to remain drunk. If a player drinks too much, they will no longer be able to evade and lose mobility in combat or in regular travels. Certain NPCs can unlock random encounters if they enjoy seeing a drunk master stumbling across the streets on a regular basis. Be wary of your Schools Rules to make sure that you are permitted to drink without being disciplined by your sect.

Read more on the Age of Wushu site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Pretndr01Pretndr01 Member Posts: 8
    Wow, a world where alchohol increases your reflexes, now thats innovation.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Pretndr01

Its a common element of wuxia genre stuff

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• ouuuuchouuuuch Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Pretndr01

the idea is: as you get drunk, you became more unpredictable and hard to hit

• GreyMoGreyMo Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I think it's pretty entertaining as long as it's in a game, but I can tell you when I had to go through alcohol addiction, it wasn't fun at all. I have no idea where I'd be if I didn't discover this page abbeycarefoundation.com/rehab/bristol/totterdown/ and decided to join a rehab program, so I'm glad I managed to get better because at one point, I was really desperate.