Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[General Article] Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Review In Progress #2

2»

Comments

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    There is no review, because there is nothing to review...This game is bare bones and that's going to be one of main conclusions of this review.
  • ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    No disrespect to the author, but please do not review a game that you clearly don't have time to play or write a more detailed review for. The two parts of this review have covered next to nothing. I get more from reading the discussion. 
  • misko10misko10 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I'm abit dissapointed at mmorpg for even alowing such a review, It covers nothing and is a waste of time to read...

• zeropridezeropride Member UncommonPosts: 41

dat feeling when you grind over 1k mobs and still have under 5k prowess.

graphics aside, Agon is the ONLY game world worth exploring. Alot of time was probably put into crafting it and it shows.

• MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

2 weeks and you have 600 prowes points?   Seriously, I don't mean to be rude, but can we please get somebody that actually plays the game to review it.  600 Prowess, you get that in the first  40 minutes if you're actually playing the game.

:(

P.S. Where is the review in this article?  Please MMORPG, let somebody who actually play the game review this game.  How about RipperX.  I'm sure he would be more than willing to start a brand new account and play solo just for the review for you guys.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • LeviathonlxLeviathonlx Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Reading from the chat in the picture...

Ima Banger: "QUIT"

Ima Banger: "U WONT BE GOOD"

Sigh, I am glad I did not buy this game! 

Beside some people spamming global chat at times you do realise this game is much more mature then most other mmorpgs?  This game is not appealing to kids and i would say the majority of the playerbase is atleast in their 20s and older.

Pulling a game down because you see 1 guy say something in chat u should quit internet in its whole.

Age has very little to do with maturity in MMO's.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Onigod
    Originally posted by Kanyl

Reading from the chat in the picture...

Ima Banger: "QUIT"

Ima Banger: "U WONT BE GOOD"

Sigh, I am glad I did not buy this game! 

Beside some people spamming global chat at times you do realise this game is much more mature then most other mmorpgs?  This game is not appealing to kids and i would say the majority of the playerbase is atleast in their 20s and older.

Pulling a game down because you see 1 guy say something in chat u should quit internet in its whole.

Umm what? Its very appealing to kids, my 14 year old cousin plays it and loves going around ganking people with his friends. To be fair his stories are pretty funny, but its not really a game I would be interested in, because thats all its about.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by misko10
    I'm abit dissapointed at mmorpg for even alowing such a review, It covers nothing and is a waste of time to read...

this

• nuclearpingnuclearping Member Posts: 15

Darkfall's Community is harsh and hostile, yes.

But if they are too hard for you, you are just too weak for them.

Problem is: People are such pixel hugging wimps and take everything so f*cking personal and forget it's just a silly dog-bite-dog game.

On the other side: If a Noob asks questions in Global or Area most of the people are very willing to help and not hostile / harsh at all.

@Reviewer:

Nothing personal, but ... LoL, 1.5k Prowess in 3 weeks and you want to write a review about the game?

Seriously, if you would play the game actively instead of harvesting and crafting semi-afk while doing other things on the desktop you would already have like 5k+ Prowess and ventured out of the safe-zone.

I got 5k with my alt toon on the first two days of playing.

I predict a bad review incoming. I bet when you had your first PvP-encounter outside the safe-zone and lost your precious Padded Leather set your review will go lose.

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Salenger

many have exploited the prowess system to gain 60-70k prowess within 2 weeks of launch so their characters are basically end game pvp status.   

You can get ~ 12k PP in a week, for doing all newbie feats in safe zone. So 60k-70k for doing most of the feats outside safe zone doesn't seem suspicious. Also large, organized groups can make feats 10x easier and faster than solo player.

I agree with the comments about missing content. Current "content" - mainly PvE feats - are fun only because you're trying to do them in the world full of PKs, not because the feats are exciting on their own.

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    There is a prowess point cap, so it may take people longer or shorter times to meet but you cant get everything regardless
  • Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by JIUBHUNNY420

800 Prowess

1.5k Prowess  a FULL WEEK LATER?!
    Am I the only person that feels this is highly suspect? Even the MOST casual gamer player at a snails pace could get more than 700 prowess in an extra week. 

Please get a different reviewer, someone who will actually play though the game, and not this guy, because this is honestly like playing through the opening cutscene of a game where you press A to jump and then say the game is ok.

Please tell me other DF fans think this is rediculous?

I don't see what the problem is.  I have about 700 prowess right now, I'm about on the same track as the reviewer for time played.  The kind of person that wants a review to decide to play Darkfall or not will get a more representative impression of what their game experience will probably be like than if they had someone with 60k prowess review it, anyone moving that quickly doesn't need a review.

The community doesn't seem to be any better or worse than any other MMO.  You see plenty of helpful friendly people and plenty of asshats, the only difference is that the asshats can do more to you than just annoy you with words in this game.

• KillbaneKillbane Member UncommonPosts: 23
    I really don't see how you can say its a run of the mill MMO without the quest. It is a world PvP MMO meant for team play. What you should say is if your a player that enjoys team play that requires strategy on a massive scale then DFUW is for you. Solo often equals death unless you stay by your clan city and keep good open communication about incoming reds.

As far as balance its skill based if you can't aim with precision then it doesn't matter how many prowess you have. It doesn't have aim assist like Neverwinter or does damage just because you were close. It also has classes a holy trinity which means whatever you are playing has its role to play in combat. A healer isn't good at killing people and a tank can take more damage but has a lower range in melee and so on.

What MMO if you take the quest out has as much verity in world PvP. Mounted combat, Naval Warfare and seiges. Several different kinds of house deeds you can find and clan controlled city's. all this and uninstanced with no server rest and your clan has to put the time and effort in to build the city its not already standing. It's well beyond just a point of interest your defending with the effort it takes to get you city established.

Please a list of these MMOs and preferably one with a similar none tab targeting combat system would be appreciated.

Solo play is for off-line players.

I really don't see how you can say its a run of the mill MMO without the quest. It is a world PvP MMO meant for team play. What you should say is if your a player that enjoys team play that requires strategy on a massive scale then DFUW is for you. Solo often equals death unless you stay by your clan city and keep good open communication about incoming reds.

As far as balance its skill based if you can't aim with precision then it doesn't matter how many prowess you have. It doesn't have aim assist like Neverwinter or does damage just because you were close. It also has classes a holy trinity which means whatever you are playing has its role to play in combat. A healer isn't good at killing people and a tank can take more damage but has a lower range in melee and so on.

What MMO if you take the quest out has as much verity in world PvP. Mounted combat, Naval Warfare and seiges. Several different kinds of house deeds you can find and clan controlled city's. all this and uninstanced with no server rest and your clan has to put the time and effort in to build the city its not already standing. It's well beyond just a point of interest your defending with the effort it takes to get you city established.

Please a list of these MMOs and preferably one with a similar none tab targeting combat system would be appreciated.