Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Bored...need an MMO RPG to play.

TheRebellionTheRebellion Member UncommonPosts: 48

It seems like in the past when I didn't have much time there were so many games I wanted to play. Now I can't find anything worth my time besides MOBAs.

I played EVE for a long time, but when I deployed to Afghanistan I gave my account to a friend, so I don't have that anymore and am not sure I have enough time for that anyways.

I loved Global Agenda, and the 3rd person shooter/rpg/pvp-arena style aspect of it. Unfortunately some bad decisions were made and the game pretty much died.

I loved Guild Wars, for the pvp, and tried getting into GW2, but the pvp is so stale and I don't see a reason to play the pve.

I thought about Defiance because it's a 3rd person shooter, but I've read from a lot of places that it gets stale quickly.

I'm in the Firefall Beta, but there's really not much to do yet and things keep changing.

I play Tera from time to time, but the grind is just so long, it's taking forever to get to 60 and I feel like I'll be burnt out by then.

So basically are there any 3rd person, progressive/rpg style games that focus on pvp, that are relatively new and I haven't played?

Comments

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    have you tryed neverwinter online out by pwe? im on beholder server and its pretty fun been solo lvl 38 healer but its been a fun mmo and story has voice overs soo that is good too

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• TheRebellionTheRebellion Member UncommonPosts: 48
    I had not realzied that released already. I saw it at PAX East and figured it wasn't coming out for awhile.
  • EmrendilEmrendil Member Posts: 199
    Yep, try Neverwinter. It's f2p, and leveling is quite fast and much better then in Tera.
  • Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061

DC Universe Online. =p

Archeblade in open beta on Steam. 

Panzar in beta available for UK and NA.

Archeblade and Panzar are basically only PvP tho, Panzar has a skill tree you can improve on.

Theres also Bloodline Champions if you want a crazy "skill based" PvP game to play, also available on Steam.

I thought Defiance was basically Global Agenda 2 but i didn't play it long enough in the beta for it to get stale. I'm just not in the mood for that right now and i don't have $60 for it, cool game tho.

I have not PvP'd in Vindictus but you might want to give that a try. Also C9 and Dragon Nest.

Neverwinter is pretty cool.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

Alright, I'll give Neverwinter a go.

Panzar looks cool, but is only in EU right now. Archeblade seems like an unstructured moba.

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

Honestly, play Defiance.   Lot of negative crap on the forums and it kept me away for a while but since I started playing, I can't put it down.   PvE is fun and some of the funnest PvP I have played in a while in a MMO, even tho I suck at it.   Lot of stuff is being fixed, pretty stable now after their rocky launch.   I dont know how people think its stale already.  Lot to do and the pursuits (achievements) really keep me coming back for more as a completionist.   Everytime I run a coop i find something new or a way to be more effective.   PvP is fun and shadow wars are awesome!  Only downside is shadow wars are hard to pop outside of peak hours.

Bottom line, I was listening to the negative crap about Defiance too much and I wish I had not.   Great gameplay, and a game that will get frequent (by current industry standards) updates.   No monthly fee, no P2W cash shop though you can buy small boosts and such (but not gear), just ur average $60 purchase price, but i found a sale for my copy at $33.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    i was playing Defiance on the xbox 360 it was fun at first but they are slacking with there weekly missions that seems like a joke and they took out some of the pvp stuff not a fan of all the wep doing same damage even though your higher lvl. sold it to my brother's son and put the money into NeverWinter where it is better places. So far NeverWinter has keep me at my pc and my xbox only see's me play games on it for an 1,2 hr at a time but i still use it as a voice chat box lol

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• Germaximus_SGermaximus_S Member UncommonPosts: 1,061
    Originally posted by TheRebellion

Alright, I'll give Neverwinter a go.

Panzar looks cool, but is only in EU right now. Archeblade seems like an unstructured moba.

Panzar is officially in EU beta but you can play in NA with no problems. I like Archeblade but i have a hard time not liking any game.

Jeremiah 8:21 I weep for the hurt of my people; I stand amazed, silent, dumb with grief.
    Join me on Twitch Facebook Twitter 

I guess I'm a bit of an anamoly as far as gamers go. I love pvp and 3rd person combat arena games with some sort of progression.

I like FPS, as well, and there are many fps games that fit what I'm looking for, but I'm just not nearly as good at them. I seem to die more than anyone else and can't aim nearly as well, plus I like being able to see all around my character and not have tunnel vision.

That's why I liked GA and GW so much. Amazing 3rd person pvp action with at least some form of progression.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

There's nothing promising on the horizon I'm afraid.

I would suggest spending time with other genres and perhaps keep an eye on how ESO's PvP turns out. I hear they are trying to push Firefall for an e-sport, but my friends tell me its all just a big "meh".

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Is ESO really expected to have good pvp support? Bethesda have never made a pvp game.
    Is ESO really expected to have good pvp support? Bethesda have never made a pvp game.

I wouldn't put my money on it, but its a high profile game and perhaps the only one with even a chance of having the style of PvP I (or you) would enjoy.

There's not much information out yet. Not that I know of.

And to my knowledge, Bethesda is not making this game, ZeniMax is. It will be their first game, I think, although I'm sure they have some industry veterans working for them.

It's either ESO or if Arenanet tries to revamp their structured PvP it might take off. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Yea...I don't really understand Arena Net. All they had to do was keep GvG and HA and the pvp players would have been happy...
    Yea...I don't really understand Arena Net. All they had to do was keep GvG and HA and the pvp players would have been happy...

You and me both, buddy. Seems like they aimed for a bigger crowd this time around. And, you know, since they commited to WvW and made the PvE large scale, they had to take out some features for performance reasons (collision detection, interrupts) hence the small scale PvP suffered.

I don't blame them, but at the same time I would have hoped they would've continued with the path they set with GW1. Perhaps add some physics to the fights, little action touch to the combat... things like that.

Its a shame.

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I suggest Darkfall Unholy wars personaly one of the more immesive game imo on the market with Risk vs reward in there PvP.
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356

World of Tanks, not really an RPG but there is progression. Best PvP for me! Currently banned for another 6 hours for teamkilling but its still good :)