Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really starting to like this game, wtf is up with that?

david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Some buddies and me just finished playing a little Neverwinter tonight and for the first time in a long time I actually had fun playing an MMO. We did have some bugs but just kept moving forward, it's open beta after all. We are almost to level 15 now and will be able to do our first 5 Man dungeon which I'm pretty excited about, yes excite about something. Anyway, really enjoying Neverwinter so far, good story, fun quest, the solo dungeons are fun when your with a friend or two. I recommend everyone take a look at this and give it a little time. It's gotten more fun for me just in 15 levels, can't wait to see what the next 15 will bring, more fun the deeper we get.

Peace

Lascer

Comments

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by david361107

Some buddies and me just finished playing a little Neverwinter tonight and for the first time in a long time I actually had fun playing an MMO. We did have some bugs but just kept moving forward, it's open beta after all. We are almost to level 15 now and will be able to do our first 5 Man dungeon which I'm pretty excited about, yes excite about something. Anyway, really enjoying Neverwinter so far, good story, fun quest, the solo dungeons are fun when your with a friend or two. I recommend everyone take a look at this and give it a little time. It's gotten more fun for me just in 15 levels, can't wait to see what the next 15 will bring, more fun the deeper we get.

Peace

Lascer

The Underdark will not disappoint.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Hello I feel like I am in the twilight zone here!!! 

This game is so terrible. I tried to like it, I really did.

Chat Spam moves faster then the human eye can register, The artwork looks as if a child created it, Character creation looks like something from a Gumby show, Font and UI terrible.

I felt like they have paid thousands of people to make posts about how good this game is to pull off the ultimate troll?

Baffled seriously baffled.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Character customization is a complete lackluster. At level 30 I look the same as lvl 5
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by david361107

Peace

Lascer

Awesome.  If you are having fun, don't stop!  That's really all that matters at the end of the day.

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276
    Just found a way better game dragon prophet should check it out
  • dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    This game has a severe balance issue, healer that get insane aggro, guardian that are not able to manage aggro or even do DPS. The game is fun so far, but i leave it for now till they address those issues.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    It's fun for me, in a sort of Diablo-type way.  Great for a bit of mindless mob-thrashing when I'm in the mood.  :)
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by dasX82
    This game has a severe balance issue, healer that get insane aggro, guardian that are not able to manage aggro or even do DPS. The game is fun so far, but i leave it for now till they address those issues.

Actually thats a l2p issue,  all those healers not spending their points on agro reduction and all thse tanks spending their points on dps instead of better agro make for a serious grouping problem.  

On top of that, when trash mobs apear and all dps starts AoEing them, they are death in secconds.. So who cares..  Its just the elite mobs that require tank attention.. 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

Game is a huge surprise, a Cryptic AND PWE game that is fun and entertaining  AT LAUNCH!

Love the combat, feels very meaty and tactical. I don't understand people who complain about graphics and art direction, the models are so-so but the rest of graphics and textures are very good. Not to mention lore and most quests.

baffled, seriously baffled....

• VlackeVlacke Member UncommonPosts: 155

The game is good, even very good.

Aside from bad character customisation which can be fixed somwhere down the line, everything else works like a charm, setting is excellent as expected from D&D, plenty of things to do, dungeons to explore and loot to collect and on top of that it's free, overall very fun in my opinion.

If the updates and patches with content and bug fixes are frequent this game will be successful.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Actually thats a l2p issue,  all those healers not spending their points on agro reduction and all thse tanks spending their points on dps instead of better agro make for a serious grouping problem.  

On top of that, when trash mobs apear and all dps starts AoEing them, they are death in secconds.. So who cares..  Its just the elite mobs that require tank attention.. 

I browsed some boards for the healing aggro issue, and found: Yes it is a l2p issue, but not like you describe it.

From what I read, aggro reduction wont help one bit, you will draw aggro and you will keep it on half the adds till they die. Others may be able to pick some of them off you and they should, but it is not the traditional >tank taunts-heal heals-dps assist< fighting. So what you need to do is up your survivability and accept that you are secondary tank or aggro holder, while others should try to ease your load and take down adds asap. The tank has some taunting ability, but not able to keep you aggro free like in a traditional mmorp fight.

So as I read it, everyone but the tank should kill adds asap, otherwise you wll be dead cleric with zero potons very soon.

My cleric is in mid 30ies now, and I have started to switch my gear to armor and avoidance, and a few upgrades already upped me significantly on damage reduction. If that is the way to go, I am still uncertain but I see no other way with the amount of adds constantly jumping you in this game.

• david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Thanks for everyones response. I do understand that we are still in beta and they fix most of the issues over time. I'm just excited to see something that is pretty good right now.

Peace,

Lascer

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    Character customization is a complete lackluster. At level 30 I look the same as lvl 5

CLose to yes... Same problem as with Age of Conan back then :( Though my chainmail now has red & green parts in it :p

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I have aggro reduction to the max, but still I get loads of aggro. Main thing is that as healer you have to learn to dodge and your party (mainly the tank) has to learn to keep the mobs away from the healer. Tank & healer should stay close together so that tank can force aggro from the mobs. In the mean time the DDs kill the main objective (boss most of the time).

Good thing for me is that I have finally found a tank who I can cooperate with very well (and we're from the same time-zone as well). Sadly, I've fallen behind in level a bit and doing my best to catch up again so we can do dungeons together again.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    I find the game competent,it doesn't really excel at anything but does everything well enough so far that I have fun when I play.However I'm not gonna gush or hate ont he game till I've palyed it for an extended period of a month or more and see how things are later and how bad the boring grind/money shell out is in the end.But for jsut levelling it's fun right now.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

yeah agreed..i have a guardian fighter and healer companion..i can mark a mob and keep the agro on that one..then taunt the others but within 2 secs i've lost the agro again..it seems to be enough atm..but i,m dreading getting to 40+..especially if i cant lvl my companion any further than 15 atm..he will get buttfucked in 2 hits later on.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351
    Loving the boss fights in this game so far. I liken it to 5 man raiding. It's so refreshing to be in a group, even pugs, where everyone is discussing tactics on how to take the boss down. Even if you wipe, you get more people talking about how that went wrong etc and what to change next time. And when you finally down the boss, you really feel like you achieved something compared with in other MMO's where the boss fights are just simple/boring.
  • aromeroaromero Member Posts: 49

Originally posted by pauly6478
    Hello I feel like I am in the twilight zone here!!! This game is so terrible. I tried to like it, I really did.Chat Spam moves faster then the human eye can register, The artwork looks as if a child created it, Character creation looks like something from a Gumby show, Font and UI terrible. I felt like they have paid thousands of people to make posts about how good this game is to pull off the ultimate troll? Baffled seriously baffled.

Wow! these are all really excellent reasons to call a game terrible *sarcasm*

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I also really like this game.  It's a lot of fun to play, and I love the Foundry.

Very good game overall.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by pauly6478

Hello I feel like I am in the twilight zone here!!! 

This game is so terrible. I tried to like it, I really did.

Chat Spam moves faster then the human eye can register, The artwork looks as if a child created it, Character creation looks like something from a Gumby show, Font and UI terrible.

I felt like they have paid thousands of people to make posts about how good this game is to pull off the ultimate troll?

Baffled seriously baffled.

Here is the rap from somebody that doesnt like Cryptic...  (me)

The game is abomination on D&D name. It is basically new skin on Cryptic game engine (Champions, STO)

Graphic is mediocre and rendering engine sucks (Read = Blooms) . There is no real connection to any version of D&D (no , not to 4th as well) and cash shop is disaster.

But...

The game is simply fun to play. Why ?

Fun is secret ingridient nobody knows how to make actually. So they experiment , and sometimes it just happens.

And after third try - it happend for Cryptic

Even blind chicken catches a worm....

So simply game has real fun gameplay. Story is really nice. Trinity is really working. There is foundry. Its g'darn D&D. Forgotten Realms. It has Beholders..

Whats there not to like ?

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203
    This is the first game in years. I find myself wanting to get off work and come home and play. I'm not sure why but I do. Maybe its my pet dog I get to level lol.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by hyllstarter
    This is the first game in years. I find myself wanting to get off work and come home and play. I'm not sure why but I do. Maybe its my pet dog I get to level lol.

I find myself looking forward to playing as well. I like finding a chest in some nook, and the more I play, the more I am finding the combat style agreeable (as well as increasingly challenging).

• BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220
    The game is fun, and the Foundry (the quest creator, not the shitty maps most players churn out in 5 minutes) is a superbly realised feature.  
  • tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29

I too am baffled as to why I like this game.  Graphics are so so and the items and art are meh.  That said there is just something this game has. It is just fun to play. I spending more time in this game then any other right now and I haven't spent a dime.  Seems like win to me. Also the story is pretty good and foundry is awesome.

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

and at 60 I look like I did at 5 & 30.

This game is so damn plain, people are just dazzled by the newness. If I want to look different, I need to shell out some cash for Zen and convert it in large amounts. Talking $700-800 easy.

this game was made as a cash grab.