Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will you be playing till FFXIV arr comes out?

Any game suggestions? What'll you be playing?

Comments

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    I just started playing the secret world yesterday, good game so far if you like solo heavy games.  I for one do not like solo based games but this one has an interesting story and is actually quite fun so far.  Will definitely drop it once ffxiv comes out for sure but good while I wait.
  • birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    World of Tanks, Marvel Heroes, WildStar (if it comes out), Star Trek Online, Sim City, Some other games that I might be interested in.
  • ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    guild wars 2

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839
    Man, I hear this thread... lol. Pretty much waiting for this one to come out.
    Isaiah 41:10
  • redcloud16redcloud16 Member UncommonPosts: 220

trying to fill the void with SWTOR, Ragnarok Online 2 and RIFT

Haven' touched SWTOR in weeks. 

RIFT and RO2 are doing OK for now, we'll see how long they last. 

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    playing TERA and a bit of Neverwinter.

• tussauctussauc Member UncommonPosts: 147

Runescape, League of Legends, and Planetside 2.

This needs to come out... :|

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

MMO wise GW2 and NW.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Hoped Neverwinter would be good enough to hold my attention until this was released. Played it a week got to end game, was at a huge disadvantage against those paying hundreds for good enchantments, quit. Now im playing real life cause nothing else on the market seems worthwhile.. Gonna keep an eye on this post hopefully someone has a jewel of a game that ive overlooked.  
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by F2Plague
    Hoped Neverwinter would be good enough to hold my attention until this was released. Played it a week got to end game, was at a huge disadvantage against those paying hundreds for good enchantments, quit. Now im playing real life cause nothing else on the market seems worthwhile.. Gonna keep an eye on this post hopefully someone has a jewel of a game that ive overlooked.  

Yeah unfortunately NW rears its ugly side at endgame, the amount of pots you needa chuck in T2 dungeons you will go broke if you spend gold on it, and you have to then use zen on them, and the enchants aswell.

I am very disappointed at how far from their old model Cryptic has gotten, and PWE clearly has more influence than I had hoped. 

A decent game ruined by greed and why ill stick to TERA for now.

• jskeets916jskeets916 Member Posts: 154
    Originally posted by WolftamerBrad
    Any game suggestions? What'll you be playing?

Unfortunately Spvp in GW2 and LoL, but not quite content with either

• F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    I played Tera at release and loved it till about the 100th time running FoK and BT lol. Heard it got better at end game now but been so long I just dont know how I could go back to it. Is Nexus still in game and ridiculously laggy? I have high end comp and that made me crash lol.
  • ArcticnoonArcticnoon Member Posts: 141
    Man! Nothing else even looks half way fun thats out now. Have my eye on Everquest Next and Destiny, but those are even further way then FFXIV. Guess its LoL till July or Aug.
  • KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Yeah.  I was hesitant about NW from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong.  I've played and love the game itself.  If all you want to do is enjoy a leveling experience, NW is really an excellent game.  Mostly, I was worried after what happened to me in Champions Online.

I loved Champs.  I'd probably rate it my second-favorite and second most-fondly-remembered MMORPG, the first one being City of Heroes.  I only stopped playing because I literally played through and explored _everything_ (same problem I had in CoH).  I did every last quest and bit of content, including nearly all of the achievements.  I was a good healer, so all of my friends loved to take me on runs, so I even ended up doing the harder stuff a million times over, too.  But I eventually just got tired of it.  Note that PW bought Cryptic about the time that I quit, so I never saw any changes come out of it during that time.

Then I came back expecting mostly new content.  Turns out that there was a big patch which completely redid the game's item system.  I wondered why.  Then I looked at the item shop.  Oh, of course.  Item upgrade cash shop items.  Because I do love the absurdity of spending $30 for an item which gaurantees an upgrade from +8 to +9.

Of course, you don't HAVE to buy any of those.  That's what the absurd grind for the free equivalent is for.

That's why I had a bit of a sinking feeling when I thought about how NW would end up.  I actually like Cryptic and their games.  I figured I would like NW too, but I was afraid from the beginning that endgame would require some stupid amount of cash spent on CS item upgrade stuff.

That said, I'm still playing NW for now.  I still enjoy it, in fact.  What else?  Planetside 2.  Occasionally, I pop back into a certain MMO from Taiwan which is still in CB.  The odd game of League.  I haven't played Phantasy Star Online 2 seriously in a few months, but I might jump back in.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Just completed normal mode on BL2, true vault hunter mode awaits.  I don't really like shoot em ups, but this game has grabbed me.
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by c0exist
    I just started playing the secret world yesterday, good game so far if you like solo heavy games.  I for one do not like solo based games but this one has an interesting story and is actually quite fun so far.  Will definitely drop it once ffxiv comes out for sure but good while I wait.

Wouldnt you say FFXIVARR is a very solo based game too? idk i sure hope its not. I really prefer the partying and grouping sorta play.

There is solo mode but its not as fun or as effective as group play.  There is real advantages of joining linkshells and free companies with linkshell housing furnishings offering different bonus's.

Originally posted by Epic1oots
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Just completed normal mode on BL2, true vault hunter mode awaits.  I don't really like shoot em ups, but this game has grabbed me.

once I realized most weapons could be hacked, going gun hunting just wasnt that fun anymore.

No reason at all to play if your cheating, defeats the whole purpose of playing, so now you are able to get any weapon you wish for what is the aim of your game?

• King_JgKing_Jg Member Posts: 27
    i tried NW, but couldnt hold my attention. so ill probably just play WoW PTR until 5.3 or my sub runs out, wich ever first. I may get back into GW2 to pass time also
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I have GW2, PoE, WoW, TOR, and NW all installed right now.

Not really enjoying playing any of them at the moment :(

GW2 is fun in short bursts, but none of the classes are that interesting to me right now. Having the most fun with a Ranger, which is odd because I hate pet classes, but thus far I like their abilities and weapon variety.

I haven't touched PoE or TOR in a long, long time.

NW I couldn't really get all to past the tutorial before it bored me to tears.

WoW, had some fun leveling up a new toon here and there, but all the rotations and class specializations are just so simplistic and faceroll now it seems, it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

I really, really want a good fantasy MMO I can play with a controller - perhaps even on a console (PS4/Xbox 720) from my couch rather than sitting in front of my PC in my office (nerd cave) so I'm stuck waiting for FFXIV to scratch that itch.

Hopefully FFXIV is playable on PS4/XBox 720 this fall, that is.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103

I'm chillin with Guild Wars 2 at the moment but GW2 sucks badly without any follow command nor macros and on top of that a company that has a bad reputation for placing ridiculous rules in its game to prevent game play for multi-boxers.  

I can't wait to begin to multi-box Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn with 8 accounts across two networked PC's and with the subscription I won't have to worry about players ignorance to multiboxing.  This is the game for me!  I will wait as long as it takes for the company to make the game right.  Hell, I may even go with 24 accounts after the first characters have reached top level.

• tats27tats27 Member UncommonPosts: 95

UGHHhhhhhhhh. There is NOTHING good out atm.

Played NW, but got bored after a week. I mainly kill my gaming time with LoL and BF3. 

GW2 no end game -_-

All the F2P games are just boring tbh. I used to play Rift, but quit at about the 6month mark.

Please hurry ARR!

• sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by Prepared

I'm chillin with Guild Wars 2 at the moment but GW2 sucks badly without any follow command nor macros and on top of that a company that has a bad reputation for placing ridiculous rules in its game to prevent game play for multi-boxers.  

I can't wait to begin to multi-box Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn with 8 accounts across two networked PC's and with the subscription I won't have to worry about players ignorance to multiboxing.  This is the game for me!  I will wait as long as it takes for the company to make the game right.  Hell, I may even go with 24 accounts after the first characters have reached top level.

Be prepared to be banned, Prepared.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153
    vanguard saga of heros until ffxiv release
  • mochipixelsmochipixels Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Playing Secret World on and off and really enjoying TERA for some strange reason.  I think I found a really awesome guild.  So that helps :)