Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(PvP Vid) Large scale Ambush on Our city!!

ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729

So we're prepping to go fight the demigod firedragon for a clan event, and out of no where 30+ enemies charge in from the riverside passage.  They caught us quite off guard, but needless to say our superior coordination turned what seemed to be a doomed cause into a huge success.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5iPW7r0TdEA#!

The POV is of a warrior in my squad firegod, credit for vid goes to him as well.  You can catch me (Chris Chin) at a couple points in the vid too.   Hope yall enjoy!!!!

Edit: just put a bunch of responses to peoples comments, sorry i fell asleep last night :)

Played-Everything
Playing-LoL

Comments

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    I was part of the assaulting party. It was fun.
    Don't brag too much about superior coordination when you guys were sitting on your bind stone.

Good fun though.
  • ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Lustmord
    I was part of the assaulting party. It was fun.
    Don't brag too much about superior coordination when you guys were sitting on your bind stone.

Good fun though.

Just to clarify we were way north of the bindstone when you all attacked, tallying up numbers from our parties. Its still crystal clear. You had the perfect suprise.  It wasnt caught at the vid, but the first initial thing that was yelled by our leader was to get on the bindstone asap and let you guys funnel, the warrior who filmed started fraps shortly after we were nearing the bindstone, obviously can't be prepared to fraps these kind of things. The strat worked and eventually gave us your backs. 

Make sure to thank the spy for me, got some nice new shinies that night. Fun indeed :) .

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    That was pretty epic.  What were they raiding and why?

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

Originally posted by Raventree
    That was pretty epic.  What were they raiding and why?

They were raiding our city. We are at bad standings with them, they wanted an easy opportunity to weaken us, and gain some valuables from it. Atleast thats why anyone would raid a city this early.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Cordinzation.

What's that?

Video is ruined by 4 things:

We don't see the setup. So it seems like we're dropped into Arena PVP suddenly.

The video is choppy, really low frame rates.

The video freezes quite often.

For some reason the idjit decided to put music to it. For the life of me, I do not get people who do this, ruin their own videos. Oh well.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Originally posted by Mkilbride

Cordinzation.

What's that?

Video is ruined by 4 things:

We don't see the setup. So it seems like we're dropped into Arena PVP suddenly.

The video is choppy, really low frame rates.

The video freezes quite often.

For some reason the idjit decided to put music to it. For the life of me, I do not get people who do this, ruin their own videos. Oh well.

I do agree, the music choice was lackluster, but it was not mine. As for the frame rate, you can see that frapsing all of this brought his fps down to about 30-40 in game. It freezes twice from my count for no longer than 3 seconds, again that would be the recorders frame rate spiking. 

As for the sudden. I tried to explain what happened prior. If you didnt read my passage please do, as it'll give better understanding. We had barely any time to react to the attack itself im rather suprised someone pulled out a recording software ontop of it.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Oh no, I read your post.

The video just seems completely random without having actually seen that in-game.

Originally posted by Mkilbride

Oh no, I read your post.

The video just seems completely random without having actually seen that in-game.

Agreed, i tried to paint a picture with words lol.  When we are doing the attacking or atleast have some prep time im sure this wont be the case with future vids.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Game looks interesting. I don't normally go for full loot open PvP games, but there have been exceptions (Shadowbane, a few UO 'independents'). Hopefully they'll eventually figure out a way to allow people to demo it without opening the floodgates to the typical abuses (read: gold famers / spammers) that come with such a system. Maybe buddy keys? Certainly couldn't hurt.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

Originally posted by InsaneDalek
    Game looks interesting. I don't normally go for full loot open PvP games, but there have been exceptions (Shadowbane, a few UO 'independents'). Hopefully they'll eventually figure out a way to allow people to demo it without opening the floodgates to the typical abuses (read: gold famers / spammers) that come with such a system. Maybe buddy keys? Certainly couldn't hurt.

I can see 3-7 day trial keys working in this game.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

Well honestly if they want any player base at all, they need a trial in some form.

AND NOT CHARGE. I read that the Darkfall 1 trial you had to PAY for...I can't believe that, even though it's 1$, you had to PAY for a trial! It's outrageous.  AV seem to be against being liked as developers and cash out as soon as possible.

The game itself may be fine, but the bad PR surrounding it ls like a laser fence keeping people away. It doesn't help when half the player base tells you to "Buy it now, if you buy it later, there won't be anyone left to play with" MMO's are supposed to be long term investments, not 2-3 months.

• HerbertwestHerbertwest Member UncommonPosts: 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xcC82itcj4&feature=youtu.be

Hi, here is our side of the raid.  Just taking some new members out for some fun most of us had chain/banded just looking for a fight.  Video starts when we first run in.  Two clans in the same chat server so its kind of hectic.  Good fight guys.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    When was this fight?  I always miss the fun.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by Badaboom

You played wow when this happened.

It was sunday night, completely random.

We just happened to steal a boat from a random guy and decided to go look for trouble.

We rolled up on Incognito expecting to find a few guys, and we were gonna zerg them with 30 for the lulz.

We didn't expect to face a small army. lol

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

We just happened to steal a boat from a random guy and decided to go look for trouble.

We rolled up on Incognito expecting to find a few guys, and we were gonna zerg them with 30 for the lulz.

What clan are you in? Yeah, Sunday is a bad play day for me.

What clan are you in? Yeah, Sunday is a bad play day for me.

I'm in ST.

They're good people.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

That's a really good and honest video, highlights the games strengths and weaknesses very clearly.

Now if only players would be willing to admit the serious problems DFUW has and the trolls acknowledge what the game does well prospective players might have access to the reality of this game rather than the fantasy you read on the forums to help them decide if its worthwhile them checking it out.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Zinzan

That's a really good and honest video, highlights the games strengths and weaknesses very clearly.

Now if only players would be willing to admit the serious problems DFUW has and the trolls acknowledge what the game does well prospective players might have access to the reality of this game rather than the fantasy you read on the forums to help them decide if its worthwhile them checking it out.

Yep, I agree. I'm still on the fence if I'm gonna play this game or not. I wish somoene would make a vid about crafting cause that's what I'm into.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

Originally posted by fanglo
    Originally posted by Zinzan

Yep, I agree. I'm still on the fence if I'm gonna play this game or not. I wish somoene would make a vid about crafting cause that's what I'm into.

Crafting is just like any other MMO. whack a node, take it back, refine it, craft.

It's very much automated. Queing up your crafting list and watching it go.

Where it differs from other MMO's is that all the gear is crafted. All of it breaks, and all is looted in pvp.. So there's a constant need for more items to be crafted.

Crafting skills include Weapon Smithing, Armor Smithing, Shield Smithing, Tailoring, Leatherworking, Construction, Ship Building, Alchemy, Staff Crafting, Tailoring.. and I'm probably missing something.

Also cooking...

Here is AV's video on crafting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL-m_ac8ezU

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112
    Amazing slideshow. I see nothing changed in terms of performance in "large" battles.
    Originally posted by Blindchance
    Amazing slideshow. I see nothing changed in terms of performance in "large" battles.

your mileage may vary.

I didn't lag at all in that "large" battle.

• HerbertwestHerbertwest Member UncommonPosts: 3

Can't get any good armor from PVE, so all the armor in the game is crafted by others.  If they ever release the marketplace it will be awesome.  I would wait for them to actually release it until you try because they have a poor track record of putting out content & its been 6 month with very little.  They are still working on getting the game to work properly about a month into release w/ 6 months of testing.

Good game because clans are forced to work together to have any kind of experience.  You really can't just go out and do your own thing unless you are crafting, and by yourself that is slow as well.

Originally posted by Herbertwest

Good game because clans are forced to work together to have any kind of experience.  You really can't just go out and do your own thing unless you are crafting, and by yourself that is slow as well.

This isn't really true. You can do almost anything solo. There's nothing stopping people from roaming solo with Rank 0-20 gear.

You won't get rank 40 as quickly, but you really don't need it.

Once the market releases, the game will be more solo crafter-friendly.

I wouldn't discourage people who like to solo from getting the game. I solo 90% of the time, and I'm on the brink of 20k prowess after a couple weeks.