Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] World of Warcraft: Anticipating BlizzCon 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After a year off, Blizzcon 2013 will be storming back to Anaheim later this year. Ardent World of Warcraft fans are beginning to speculate about what big announcements the team might have in store for the world's most popular MMO. Check out our musings before adding yours in the comments.

Last week BlizzCon tickets went on sale and milliseconds later they were sold out. This happened with both batches of tickets. For those of you that were lucky enough to score some, congratulations! For everyone else who tried, I can’t imagine your frustration and hope you’ll be able to find a way to watch the event with the virtual ticket (details on virtual tickets have yet to be announced). This week I’d like to share what I hope we’ll see at BlizzCon 2013.

Read more of Reza Lackey's The WoW Factor: Anticipating BlizzCon 2013.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Titan. hurry up already!

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    This is where they announce World of Warcraft will be playable on the ps4 via mouse and keyboard.

Titan will be release on pc, ps4, and the next xbox possibly in 2018

Im feeling pretry good if those predictions hold true
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

WoW is old and now terrible.

Diablo 3 was terrible.

StarCraft II was typical

I seriously don't get it. Blizzard is not the same. New people... new games... new hate.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by KingofHartz

why would blizzard release on xbox when they have console partnership w SONY ?

I doubt you are going to see Titan on XBOX unless D3 comes to XBOX

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4011152/blizzard-and-sony-announce-strategic-partnership

"Many of you are probably wondering why an old-school PC game developer is crashing the Sony party tonight," said Blizzard's Chris Metzen on the Sony stage, explaining that the company now has a "strategic partnership" with Sony to "take over the world."

The company has a "deep desire to get back into the mix" of console gaming, and though the company's only announcing a port of Diablo III for today, it sounds like a clear hint that more Blizzard games will come to console in future.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Dauzqul

Diablo 3 was terrible.

StarCraft II was typical

I seriously don't get it. Blizzard is not the same. New people... new games... new hate.

yet they are the most successful company pretty much out there for video games still to this day. WOW is still going strong with tons of people coming back daily. I should know you see returning players all the time looking for guilds in trade chat. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean there isnt literally millions of people who obviously do not share your view. Just like this website complaints about wow and blizzard you guys are seriously in the minority only.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by KingofHartz

why would blizzard release on xbox when they have console partnership w SONY ?

I doubt you are going to see Titan on XBOX unless D3 comes to XBOX

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/20/4011152/blizzard-and-sony-announce-strategic-partnership

"Many of you are probably wondering why an old-school PC game developer is crashing the Sony party tonight," said Blizzard's Chris Metzen on the Sony stage, explaining that the company now has a "strategic partnership" with Sony to "take over the world."

The company has a "deep desire to get back into the mix" of console gaming, and though the company's only announcing a port of Diablo III for today, it sounds like a clear hint that more Blizzard games will come to console in future.

They already hinted at D3 coming to xbox....their first console iteration of D3 was running on a 360, being played with a 360 gamepad.

Mind you, I dont think Titan will come out on xbox, or even ps4 for that matter.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    They typically have a nice swag bag. Seeing what's in it is what I look forward to most each year.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by doodphace

They already hinted at D3 coming to xbox....their first console iteration of D3 was running on a 360, being played with a 360 gamepad.

this was posted 2 months ago

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7100771077

Yup, there are a lot of rumours about Diablo III being released for the Xbox right now, but we have made no announcements of that actually happening - and we still do not have any announcements to make at this time btw.

Wow on ps4 would be a dream come true for me. The only reason I ever owned a gaming pc was for wow. So if I can play it on ps4 that would just be great even if I have to use a mouse and keyboard.

I can see the next expansion now World of Warcraft: The Great Revival ... expac and ps4 version release at the same time.
  • doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Yup, there are a lot of rumours about Diablo III being released for the Xbox right now, but we have made no announcements of that actually happening - and we still do not have any announcements to make at this time btw.

Exactly

I just didn't want to rule out the possibility of the next xbox, the partnership between sony and blizz has clearly already been established.
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    At this point, only thing I care about is new of the new mmo they are working on. Thanks for a great ride WoW, but its over and I heard you may have a hot sister. Lets see her!
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by cronius77

Diablo 3 was terrible.

StarCraft II was typical

yet they are the most successful company pretty much out there for video games still to this day. WOW is still going strong with tons of people coming back daily. I should know you see returning players all the time looking for guilds in trade chat. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean there isnt literally millions of people who obviously do not share your view. Just like this website complaints about wow and blizzard you guys are seriously in the minority only.

Yet we get reports of layoffs and massive population decline.

• XanitraXanitra Member Posts: 26
    Arthas will return in the new expansion and warp WoW to its former glory. Titan will fail as Diablo 3 did. those were my two cents.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Diablo 3 was terrible.

StarCraft II was typical

Yet we get reports of layoffs and massive population decline.

The game is 9 years old and reach its peek about 4 years ago, ofc there will layoffs and a decline... still does not stop blizzard being the most successful developer for probably the last 10 years, and WoW being most sucessful MMO in history.

On topic BCon is some 6 months off.. ill give a damn in 5 months, though I do want to see Titan.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Diablo 3 was terrible.

StarCraft II was typical

please show some numbers and actual facts, not assumptions of millions and millions when you are on servers which top 1000 players. :)

But i get the message you meant though.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I hope they finally announce an engine/graphics overhaul for WoW as part of the next expansion.

Not talking WoW -> Crysis 3 but why not do a new engine and allow both new and old (legacy) to run side by side for folks with older hardware?

• WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I wouldn't say I'm anticipating Blizzcon. I don't play WoW anymore, but I won't lie, I'll probably watch the livestream (for free) to see what the next expansion is. I did not play MOP at all, beyond the free trial anyway. As long as WoW is just more of the same, I will not return. If however they actually add something compelling, like an RvR system focused on territory control (instead of instanced PvP), I'd be back for sure. Doubt that will happen though.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598

Exactly

Actually they announced at PAX East.  There have also been several interviews since.  It is coming to xbox, there will be no AH, and drops will be adjusted to account for it.  There are also a bunch of other changes that make it sound like the console version will be what the PC version should have been.  Here is 1 interview I found http://www.gameskinny.com/kwsz4/diablo-3-console-edition-interview-from-pax-east-2013

I'm not really sure what could reinvigorate WoW for me.  I am no longer a part of the market segment they are currently designing the game for, which is kind of sad, but I'm sure they will do fine.  I don't think massive changes to the graphics engine is really viable, nor would the costs pay off IMHO.  People have never played WoW for the awesome graphics, and I don't think they would gain much, but they risk losing a lot of players on low end hardware if the up the requirements too much, and WoW has a lot of people on low end hardware.

• MikkhailMikkhail Member Posts: 21
    One evening about two months ago I just logged out of WoW and did not log back in ... and, surprisingly, for something that has taken up such a huge chunk of my waking hours since 2005, I did not miss it ... I dropped my sub last week finally.  I don't have the irrational venom for Blizz that so many others (for some reason?!) do ... but I think I am done ... I have finally had my fill of Azeroth after all these years.  I wish Blizz and their remaining legions of fans luck with the the future of WoW ... Me?  I'll be outside.
  • InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119

Hmmm, I wonder if they'll announce anything about a Diablo 3 expansion? I hope so, the game is in a good place now and an expansion late 2013 / early 2014 would be excellent.

More classes, more skills, more runes, more loot... mmmmm...

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• beeker255beeker255 Member UncommonPosts: 351

Should be interesting. I like blizzard games for the most part. Im not a hater but I have never been crazy hyped about their games either. I have always respected the fact they put out solid well made games thats are pretty polished..... but after D3 I do not look at this company in the same light. D3 SOLD alot of copies and yes is very sucessful its true but one of the most beloved franchises made by a beloved trusted company is going to sale ton of games especially one that people have waited like a decade but for me as a gamer I thought D3 was a massive crap game. Lol I hate dumping on others people works especially a game and I really do hope alot of people like D3 but this was the first time I sorta looked at blizzard as going down hill.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Originally posted by Mikkhail
    One evening about two months ago I just logged out of WoW and did not log back in ... and, surprisingly, for something that has taken up such a huge chunk of my waking hours since 2005, I did not miss it ... I dropped my sub last week finally.  I don't have the irrational venom for Blizz that so many others (for some reason?!) do ... but I think I am done ... I have finally had my fill of Azeroth after all these years.  I wish Blizz and their remaining legions of fans luck with the the future of WoW ... Me?  I'll be outside.

Agreed.  I too stopped playing.  The current daily focus + mini games I find to be more repetitive than fun.  I spent a lot of time in the game, and had a lot of good times.  But nostalgia isn't enough to keep me playing, I'd rather play something I enjoy now, not something I used to enjoy.  There is still a lot to love about the game for many people, I just don't fit the market they are targeting and that is fine.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by Mikkhail

Yeah same here and it was about 2-3 months ago I quit.  Still an amazing game.  Still a huge community and probably my favorite mmo of all time.  But i've had my fill.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

If they do have plans for Xbox, it's very odd the way Chris Metzen worded his announcment of the game on PS3 and PS4. He clearly made it sound as if Sony and Blizzard have some kind of exclusive agreement at this time.

That absolutely could be wrong. But it sure sounded like it.