Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is foundry farming intended?

Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214
What I mean is...say someone creates a map with a bunch of really tough mobs in a cage...they can't get to you..but you can AOE them to your hearts content. Is this something they know goes on and they don't care? I mean personally I don't care if someone can level fast by doing something like that...just curious if they have a stance on this...

Comments

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Joejc7135
    What I mean is...say someone creates a map with a bunch of really tough mobs in a cage...they can't get to you..but you can AOE them to your hearts content. Is this something they know goes on and they don't care? I mean personally I don't care if someone can level fast by doing something like that...just curious if they have a stance on this...

I don't know if the cage thing is possible or not.  My warrior can not attack though bars but CW's might be able to.  I would think the developers would come down on it pretty hard if they thought it was a exploit and there is a player report button when you rate a mission so I wouldn't be surprised if it was reported.

I did play a featured mission where the author picked the slowest mobs he could and placed them in a open field.  As long as you could dodge the slow moving attacks (easy enough) the missions where easy XP.  The mission text even mentioned it being a farming zone but you did still have to fight the mobs as intended.  I think zones like that where there is a minimum of story and movement but a lot of very tightly scripted combat are ok but they don't really fit into the DnD theme of the game much.  They are no worse than the collect 10 wolf pelts quests the main game gives you.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

I would guess the short answer is no.

However, this seems to be how many high level player farm, its easy to spot the low risk, high reward foundry quests. hint, these are also the really really short ones.

It appears to be a huge problem currently.

However, the bigger annoyance is the creators using these foundry missions as guild recruitment propaganda.

I can count one one hand the number of foundry missions i found genuinely challenging, enjoyable and lacking any pretence, guild sycophants and self promoters.

Bottom line, there are some really good missions but they are drowned in a sea of crap.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Zinzan

I would guess the short answer is no.However, this seems to be how many high level player farm, its easy to spot the low risk, high reward foundry quests. hint, these are also the really really short ones.It appears to be a huge problem currently.However, the bigger annoyance is the creators using these foundry missions as guild recruitment propaganda.I can count one one hand the number of foundry missions i found genuinely challenging, enjoyable and lacking any pretence, guild sycophants and self promoters.Bottom line, there are some really good missions but they are drowned in a sea of crap.

Ha. Many of us said this is what would happen. Were we psychic? No. We saw the same damn thing in STO, another Cryptic game, and as far back as SWG when they had that system in there too. Both, the stupidly simple ones for farming, and the "Ocean of crap player made content." And thus, it is/was impossible for anyone with any objectivity to get excited about the Foundry at all.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    So what? It's pretty easy to find the good ones.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

The xp farming in foundry has been limited, from today you can only get xp for so long then you are locked from getting foundry xp for 20 hours as I am informed. People were making level 60ies like nuts, and from what I hear those doing so have been banned (who cares in a free game) and also creators of the exploit maps with caged/blocked mobs (again they do this on an anonymous account offcourse).

I was tempted because I realized my cleric had picked wrong skills, and wanted to save the 6$ for a respec. Tried one of those xp farms with caged mobs, but decided against it.. if I still want to play at lvl 60, I feel its fair enough to pay 6$ for the fun I had so far.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.