Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Record PCU and still climbing. Player and dev events inc

LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Several Dev Caravans tonight, first has already started.  Live stream on Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/ccp

RVB has a Ganked Roam in progress and Flight of a Thousand Rifters 2 happens tonight, as well. Have fun!

Don't forget to claim your fireworks and stuff. Enjoy!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
"Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Comments

• ChramChram Member Posts: 91
    64594 concurrent users on Tranquility alone and still climbing. Congratulations to CCP for making such an awesome game and here's to another 10 years.
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

ya fun stuff, right now they have an event where they are killing a nyx with frigs

http://www.twitch.tv/ccp

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    They broke the record - 65,300+ accounts logged in at the same time.   Congrats to CCP and to the players that made it happen.  
  • AsayagaAsayaga Member Posts: 14

I always wonder how many unique players are online.

Because we all know that A LOT of eve players have multiple accounts.

Do we live to watch anime?
    Or do we watch anime to live?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Asayaga

More than WOW? DAoC? EQ? UO? How about Rift or TERA?

Really take a moment to think about that for a moment. What are you basing that statement on? I mean, you're not the only one that "knows" it's a lot, but I'd like to ask what your point of comparison is. It is a lot compared to what?

See, the reality is that having multiple accounts is relatively common for MMO gamers when it comes to an MMO they really enjoy, and has been for over a decade. However, few MMOs actually offer support, especially in the form of a discount, as that's simply leaving money on the table. So players see and hear about multiple accounts in EVE because it's public. It's out there. No other game company really talks about it and very few offer support for it, so you don't hear anything on that front. Your assumption then, since you hear about it in EVE and not in other games, is that it is far more prolific in EVE, despite there being no data to in any way make such an assessment.

The reality is that we don't really know if EVE has a lot, a little or the average amount compared to other MMOs. The only thing we can claim to know is that EVE has A LOT more support for that playstyle than other MMOs do.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Really take a moment to think about that for a moment. What are you basing that statement on? I mean, you're not the only one that "knows" it's a lot, but I'd like to ask what your point of comparison is. It is a lot compared to what?

See, the reality is that having multiple accounts is relatively common for MMO gamers when it comes to an MMO they really enjoy, and has been for over a decade. However, few MMOs actually offer support, especially in the form of a discount, as that's simply leaving money on the table. So players see and hear about multiple accounts in EVE because it's public. It's out there. No other game company really talks about it and very few offer support for it, so you don't hear anything on that front. Your assumption then, since you hear about it in EVE and not in other games, is that it is far more prolific in EVE, despite there being no data to in any way make such an assessment.

The reality is that we don't really know if EVE has a lot, a little or the average amount compared to other MMOs. The only thing we can claim to know is that EVE has A LOT more support for that playstyle than other MMOs do.

LOL considering most people who play F2P game serusly (shudder) have multiple accounts casue why not, heck i know several who do jsut for inreaseing thier stadning or xp in PvP,

eve on the other hand is a P2P and i for one think if you willing to play for 2 accounts then it should count as two  because more power to you, i could never really get into double boxing i ahve ried it and its doable but it kinda take the fun out of team play sometimes, cause you are your own team and you got to concentrate all the more, then agian i know alot who have them just for banks and tradeing and whats not.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

According to ccp(last i heard) about 20%(give or take) have more than one account, no idea how many of that 20% will be multi clienting though and thus count towards this number.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I'm anxious to find out what the total number was with both EVE and DUST 514 players on TQ.

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

Probably a 3rd of them are 2nd, 3rd, 4th accounts. Ofc half of the 60k+ is trial accounts if rookie help is any kind of measure. At least fireworks makes a change from the normal abuse, cons, scams, bullying, harassing that goes on. ;)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201

Myself i have 4 active accounts atm and 5 not...let the counting begin.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

Myself i have 4 active accounts atm and 5 not...let the counting begin.

ROFL...I have 6 active accounts. I bet most people who play this for more than a few years see the benefit fromm this like you and i do.

Bandit

Asbo

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

That's not really true.

CCP is hostile to programs or hardware that allows you to control more than one character.  You are allowed to have multiple clients open but you have to control each in turn.

There are quite a few companies out there that don't have such rules or are very vague about when and where it can occur.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Hazelle

That's not really true.

CCP is hostile to programs or hardware that allows you to control more than one character.  You are allowed to have multiple clients open but you have to control each in turn.

There are quite a few companies out there that don't have such rules or are very vague about when and where it can occur.

hasn't Isoboxer specifically been allowed?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

BTW it's a perpetual source of entertainment and satisfaction for me to see how mad some people get that a game they don't play is doing well.

One might almost think that they take it as a personal affront when EVE is successful.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

LOL, just for a moment think about this...

One player with 60K other accounts all linked via compupter keyboard.... now THAT would be a world first achievement.  I wonder how many displays he'd have?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by pmiles

LOL, just for a moment think about this...

One player with 60K other accounts all linked via compupter keyboard.... now THAT would be a world first achievement.  I wonder how many displays he'd have?

Ya got me!

All 60,000 accounts were mine.  Tommorow, half my accounts are going to invade the other half.  The smart money says I'll win.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville