Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BEST GRPAHICS

thtyungcrownholderthtyungcrownholder Member Posts: 16
Which is the mmorpg with the best graphic out right now?

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    I'm gonna say FF14 ARR. But that's not exactly out right now.  Our right now, probably TSW or Age of Conan.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    very subjective obviously but for best aesthetics + graphics id say GW2... Tera has great graphics but lacks a bit in aesthetics imho.. 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Oh, forgot about GW 2.  That one is probably the best out right now for aesthetics.  Realisim wise it's gotta be TSW.
  • thtyungcrownholderthtyungcrownholder Member Posts: 16
    Secret World I would agree on, but definately not Age of Conan. Grpahics are a bit outdated in my opinion. 
    Originally posted by thtyungcrownholder
    Secret World I would agree on, but definately not Age of Conan. Grpahics are a bit outdated in my opinion. 

For the older zones yeah, but for the ones recently released in Dragonspire. They are pretty close to being just as good as TSW.

Originally posted by Torcip

For the older zones yeah, but for the ones recently released in Dragonspire. They are pretty close to being just as good as TSW.

Didnt play that far, I kinda just dropped it after playing for a few hours. Ive been waiting on ArcheAge though to drop but definately dont think itll be out soon, oh and Divergence too. 

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    TSW's environment is nice but the character models are really bad. The graphics are "good" but they are not by any means the best out there. I'd say TERA has the best both aesthetically and for quality. GW2 is also just "good" but not superb at all.
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Guild Wars 2 right now.

Final Fantasy XIV in a couple of months.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

Graphics-wise, my favourite options have to be AoC and GW2, though honorable mention goes to TSW (narrative matters!)

More important than graphical quality, however, is what graphical style you're interested in, and also what you want the graphics to portray...

AoC - gritty fantasy/Swords and Sorcery

GW2 - classic (sometimes humorous) fantasy

TSW - gritty(-ish) modern conspiracy Cthulhu-style

If those don't suit, I'm sure there are other options

While these are all good, I do believe that FF14 is above and beyond what these games are.  The texture work is nothing short of amazing.
    Is final fantasy going to be turn based? If so tht would stupid as an mmo
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

FF IV, AoC, Tera.

TSW is packed with tech but rather focused on performance then stunning visuals. I think they learned a few things from AoC.

GW2 graphics is a not even worthy to mention.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    I think TSW has the best graphics right now, followed by TERA.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• KniknaxKniknax Member UncommonPosts: 576

No.

"When people don't know much about something, they tend to fill in the blanks the way they want them to be filled in. They are almost always disappointed." - Will Wright

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I hear Atlantica online is doing pretty fine.

Originally posted by Kniknax

No.

Thank god that would be stupid. 

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I'll also go with Tera, TSW, GW2
  • KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    i'd say eve online, but they don't have to worry about trees and things.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Originally posted by Rohn
    I think TSW has the best graphics right now, followed by TERA.

This

• StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83

That depends because in Atlantica online it was really fun, in fact it was the most fun gameplay I ever have had in a mmo.  Of course if you take away the 9 characters and the tactics that went with it then your right turn based gameplay would be boring in a mmo. But we are really getting away from the topic so I would say as someone who doesn't even play either game that the secret world looks the best overall to me but gw2 looks good too. I can't belive people think Tera has good graphics,the only thing decent is the characters which are ruined by terrible meshes and animations.Everything else is horrid with high settings even.  Lord of the rings online has pretty decent graphics too for its age.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Tera/GW2/TSW/Soon FF14

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I think FFXIV: ARR will have the best engine for a while after they launch, especially once they update the PC client to DX11.

There's a game called Bless that's coming out further down the road that uses the newest Unreal engine that looks pretty good, but it also looks like a blatant ripoff of some of FFXIV's character models and stuff.  Gotta love the Koreans.