Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When is the last time they sent out beta invites?

hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

It feels likes its been weeks or a month since any beta invites went out..

No, not a "aw man, I didnt get one" thread, but curious.. Would that mean beta is going smoothly? poorly if they dont want to send out beta invites?

I'm still holding onto hopes this is an October/November/December release, but for that to happen it needs to have a summer or late summer open beta. (June-September) so just planning it out in my head.

Comments

• ElbroncoElbronco Member Posts: 1

I think the last wave of invites were sent out in the end of march/beginning of april.. They announced last week that you will be able to play TESO at gamescom, which is at the end of august this year. That gives me the feeling that it wont be an open beta before that. If they'll have an open beta it'll probably be in september-october and then a release in december.

Just my thoughts about it :) But then again, I think they'll do it somehow like arenanet did with GW2, so that in the end they have no official open beta, its still closed, but just about eveyone gets to play it on the beta weekends anyway..

IMO they have to release more ingame footage... IF it's going to be a release in 2013, it's about time for that. It just 7 months left of the year and there is almost no footage at all :(

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I think they will be more hesitant with Beta's now because of the constant leaking.

the last leaked video really shit in a lot of people corn flakes.. so Im sure they will only do betas if they absolutely have too.

thats my opinion anyways, Leakers are ruining their product.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by WellzyC

thats my opinion anyways, Leakers are ruining their product.

LOL surely the product should stand on it's own merrits? People who can't view the leaked footage as worthless are just as sad as those that can see no wrong no matter what.

If they don't want leaked footage they need to tighten their Beta enrolement process or perhaps quell the rumors with something worth the praise people are giving the game with the same lack of knowledge as those that put the game down.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

There arent serious enough repurcissions. I doubt the guy who posted the video even got kicked out of the beta.

Maybe if its like "We will IP trace you and sue you if you break the NDA" then people wont. But youre not signing a legally binded contract.. Just a consensus online contract that admittingly has weak consequences "UMM WE'LL KICK YOU OUT OF BETA!!"

And considering you arent guaranteed to be invited back in the beta if you get in, there really is no bad side unless they ban you from the open beta.

Simple solution: Have your game polished, go into open beta. It gives games a lot of exposure.

• AlveradAlverad Member Posts: 12
    Leakers are not ruining their product.  Their approach to handling it is.  And I really hope they have enough sense then to not send more invites because a couple of twats decided to break the NDA.  They will be the ones that suffer if the game is launched without serious testing.
  • keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Alverad
    Leakers are not ruining their product.  Their approach to handling it is.  And I really hope they have enough sense then to not send more invites because a couple of twats decided to break the NDA.  They will be the ones that suffer if the game is launched without serious testing.

Though I would never leak info, I totally agree with you. They are making so far at least the same mistake as TOR. Releasing just barely enough info sporadically and showing trailers. People want gameplay and comments about what they will be improving based on the current build. Gamers are so jaded from hyped games that didn't deliver everything they promised that this approach of information release just makes gamers even more jaded. I really hope they succeed though because the style of this game seems to be on the surface up my alley.

There Is Always Hope!

• RollermintRollermint Member UncommonPosts: 47

Funny thing about the leaked video, I was actually impressed with how much it feels like a TES game. I knew from the start that the leaker was purposely trying to make the game look bad but It sort of back-fired on me. Reading the reviews of those who also had hands on with the game which seem largely very very positive so I really don't take the video seriously.

Plus I actually like the "ol skool" feel that the video had.

If anything, I'm looking forward to learn more about the game ever since that video.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Elbronco

I think the last wave of invites were sent out in the end of march/beginning of april.. They announced last week that you will be able to play TESO at gamescom, which is at the end of august this year. That gives me the feeling that it wont be an open beta before that. If they'll have an open beta it'll probably be in september-october and then a release in december.

Just my thoughts about it :) But then again, I think they'll do it somehow like arenanet did with GW2, so that in the end they have no official open beta, its still closed, but just about eveyone gets to play it on the beta weekends anyway..

IMO they have to release more ingame footage... IF it's going to be a release in 2013, it's about time for that. It just 7 months left of the year and there is almost no footage at all :(

Gamescom so going woo cant wait.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

Kind of funny, Everquest Next is doing its reveal early August, Elder Scrolls Online is doing their reveal late August.. Wonder which comes out first. Hope both games go into open beta shortly after then.
  • DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by keithian

Though I would never leak info, I totally agree with you. They are making so far at least the same mistake as TOR. Releasing just barely enough info sporadically and showing trailers.

I think we have to ask ourselves: Was SWTOR's information release scheme a mistake or actually a very smart move? Because, noone can argue that 2 mil.units was sold exclusively based on IP and hype, not actual game quality.

SWTOR was never going to live up to the hype, it had so much money backing it and unreal expectations. That is the first game I remember that was THAT hyped to be the WoW killer or "WoW denter" Rift and other MMOs never had the pressure SWTOR had to be great

Hated the game, but I dont think there was anyway EA wins in that scenario, they were put a higher standard and expectation

• klemmbobklemmbob Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by hMJem
    Kind of funny, Everquest Next is doing its reveal early August, Elder Scrolls Online is doing their reveal late August.. Wonder which comes out first. Hope both games go into open beta shortly after then.

That's what everyone is wondering lol. Which is going to launch first.

Personally I had not even heard of Everquest Next up until like 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by hMJem

SWTOR was never going to live up to the hype, it had so much money backing it and unreal expectations. That is the first game I remember that was THAT hyped to be the WoW killer or "WoW denter" Rift and other MMOs never had the pressure SWTOR had to be great

Hated the game, but I dont think there was anyway EA wins in that scenario, they were put a higher standard and expectation

I think they could have lived up to it fairly easy if they had listened a lot more to what the fans wanted and expected. Games with a crappy a crappy story line can succeed as long as the gameplay is good. They shouldn't have spent half their budget on animation/advertising/cut scenes/story development or whatever the hell they did. Could have been so much better.

If it hasn't been said already, I think there have been only two major waves of beta invites that went out. March 26th (tuesday) and April 9th (also a Tuesday).

Been about a month since I've seen any mention of beta invites.

All games have beta leaks. You just hear about them more in this game because it's such a big title. I'm sure they'll send out more waves regardless of the leaks they've encountered in the past.

Yeah, I was just curious, I try to map out the progress in my head.

Is it safe to assume that open beta wont be before August then if their reveal is officially in August? When you reveal a game, isnt it usually like.. A near finished product you're revealing? Its different to me than E3 and stuff, those are demos and teasers and such. But a reveal is like.. THIS is the game you're playing right? I hope if open beta isnt by then, its in open beta within a couple weeks after its official reveal.

Unless I'm looking too far into this, I know EQN reveal is different because they are intentionally refusing to show anything about the game because they think they have a system no other MMO has and they want to drop it like a bombshell

EDIT: Is ESO at Gamescon an official reveal, or the exact same thing they did at PAX East and stuff? I dont consider that a reveal, when you compare to what EQN is doing at SOE Live in August. That's an official reveal into that game. I never saw the word "reveal" and it just sounded like a way for EU to get to play ESO if they werent selected in beta. Or get EU media and websites talking about the game since the only events for ESO have been in the US so far.