Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a few things I found that I hate so far

bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

1. When you log out you go right back to the login screen where you have to put your info in again.

2. Control Wizards look ridiculously stupid the way they look in casting animation. Holding that sphere and when not in combat it floats on side their heads. Seems really dumb to me and quirky, not a fan. What dev made it like that needs to be kicked. =)

3. Mail - Character@handle WTF is this crap? I sent something using just a name and it sent but never arrived. Guess you got to do that dumb stuff character@handle is lame.

4. Not being able to simple /t (name) to send tells.

5. PVP scaling. The system scales you up to level but this poses a huge imbalance for players who for example pvp at lvl 20 and scale to 29. Players who were 29 who entered are stronger. The PVP is not balanced as of yet. Also the PVP is very linear and boring at the moment. I think they hashed this together just to put it in for launch because it is really lackluster.

Other than these 4 issues I think the game has lots potential to grow and polish. Nowhere near the polish and ease of use that WOW has for an example.

EDIT: 6. Grouping is so painful in this game. The instanced maps make it really difficult to get into a new area if your party members are not there to enter with you or are in another zone. Also when you invite a friend to party and they are in another map instance you got to go to their instance before you can enter the next area. This gets annoying extremely fast and you must coordinate to be in the same map instance before entering.

7. Picking up items while in a party can get annoying. You have to use F to pickup items, but it also opens up the inspect info window on other players if they are near the items you are using F to pickup. So in a party if everyone is near you then you constantly keep accidentally getting that info window to pop up on those players. I guess you can do it slowly but who has time when picking items up, everyone hits F repeatedly.

8. Party issue again. When you are with a friend or others in a party and finish a dungeon instance and exit then sometimes you don't go into the same map, and you got to go to their map by right clicking on their name in group and go to their map instance. Also it has a cool down timer when you use it.

9. MAIL can be lost forever. If you send an item and don't use correct name, by accident if you leave one letter out or something then it never gets to the person or come back to you. In WOW and other games the system checks if that person exists and you can't send it. In this game you can make up a name like logiojgdjgoir and send and it will send it like it's going to them, but you know that name does not exist or account.

10. Auction House is broken. Level ranges do not work and you can't tell what the lowest bids are on a particular item you search for because most have same name. The auction house needs to be fixed.

Comments

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by bezado

5. PVP scaling. The system scales you up to level but this poses a huge imbalance for players who for example pvp at lvl 20 and scale to 29. Players who were 29 who entered are stronger. The PVP is not balanced as of yet. Also the PVP is very linear and boring at the moment. I think they hashed this together just to put it in for launch because it is really lackluster.

PvP is nowhere near as imbalanced as SWTOR was when it first came out and in all honesty it is way more balanced that WoW with its twink Rogues. I think the PvP is very well balanced unless you get zerged which common sense will tell you you need to block or dodge so that doesn't happen, so yeah I disagree, pretty balanced imo, especially considering it just launched.

Otherwise the only thing I agree with in your post is this:

1. When you log out you go right back to the login screen where you have to put your info in again.

That is indeed truly annoying.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531

1. Ummm...You do know what log out means, right? Try the exit button I guess? I'm not sure what you are expecting a logout button to do for you.

2. Gotta agree with you here. I dont like the running animation of the wizard either, its a lil creepey.

3 & 4. This is to circumvent character naming issues, other games, such as Diablo, have measures such as this. I still have to figure out an easy way to handle that (the chat/mail features)...

5. Agreed, though I didn't expect DnD to be a PvP game. Its more PvE centric. Hopefully the scaling gets better for those who want to pvp, but I personally would like the arena/battleground style gameply to take a hike. It has no place in this game. For RP purposes, I could see a PvP dungeon set or expansive open world pvp map being fun.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Yep, hate the log out procedure they have. Also, PvP sucks if you're a melee, since you can't swing and move. Extremely imbalanced, and not well thought out.

Other than that enjoying the game.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by spikers14

1. Ummm...You do know what log out means, right? Try the exit button I guess? I'm not sure what you are expecting a logout button to do for you.

To go to the character select screen like every other game, not the log in screen.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RandomDownRandomDown Member UncommonPosts: 145

1. Yeah there is no "log out to characters" like the other guy suggested trying. Exit Now just closes the program. You truly do have to log back in to change characters.

2. I'm not terribly fond of the animations. But in regards to the thing floating. Its supposed to be an Ioun Stone iirc and thats what they do. Float around the magic users head. Little large from what I remember about the lore.

5. Yeah pvp scaling can be a bit of an issue. However at level 60 there is a larger pvp thing, Gauntlgrym, which is 20v20 or something similar from what I remember reading. I'm not sure if there is anything except for Domination up to that point though. And I KNOW there is more than one map, but its almost always the same map. Grr

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by spikers14

To go to the character select screen like every other game, not the log in screen.

So the OP wants a character select button...got it. Sounds like a good suggestion for Cryptic, no?

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

2. Control Wizards look ridiculously stupid the way they look in casting animation. Holding that sphere and when not in combat it floats on side their heads. Seems really dumb to me and quirky, not a fan. What dev made it like that needs to be kicked. =)

3. Mail - Character@handle WTF is this crap? I sent something using just a name and it sent but never arrived. Guess you got to do that dumb stuff character@handle is lame.

Other than these 4 issues I think the game has lots potential to grow and polish. Nowhere near the polish and ease of use that WOW has for an example.

1. Yep agree, annoying. They should have a 'log out to character select' option.

2. Disagree. I love the animations on all classes in this game.

3. Love the @handle system. Means I can pick the names I want to use, rather than putting X's or stupid spelling in to get the name I want.

4. Never really had a problem with the system.

5. Never had a problem being competitive fresh into a tier. The scaling system seems to work well. In fact, at lower levels I think they scale you up too high, because I hit like a truck in the first half of the tier (probably to compensate for less skills).

Note: You listed 5 issues :)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by bestever

I feel the great weapons fighter is a little low on dmg at low levels but I have seen them get better above 25.

Yeah up until 30 I just let fighters (both GWF and GF) hit me without bothering to move, since they were so weak. But after 30 they start hitting hard, and GFs become nearly indestructible in 1 on 1s (except perhaps for Rogues / GWFs).

• sync00sync00 Member Posts: 7

I'm with you on points 1 and 2.

My biggest gripe with the game is the launcher. I get goofy error messages like "could not even attempt to authenticate". The only way I can get consistently get the launcher to work is by running it on a freshly booted system. I rebooted several times today just because of this.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    So you didn't find not being able to choose your own zoom distance insanely frustraighting?  I've sorta been used to that feature since RO.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Just send it to the @handle, the character name doesn't matter.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by reeereee
    So you didn't find not being able to choose your own zoom distance insanely frustraighting?  I've sorta been used to that feature since RO.

No, I find camera issues that come with variable zoom distances when inside dungeons to be more of an issue.  A static camera distance goes a long way into fixing thAt.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

lol, that was one of the few things I actually liked!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

My biggest issues are design issues.  It's very linear and there isn't much of an open world.  I'm shocked there aren't more MMO people taking issue with this.  It's possible this game is attracting the Diablo/dungeon crawler crowd which likely don't want virtual open worlds and freedom to do things.

Honestly OP, I don't find you issues with the game to be a big deal.  They appear to be easily fixable as well.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Mardukk

My biggest issues are design issues.  It's very linear and there isn't much of an open world.  I'm shocked there aren't more MMO people taking issue with this.  It's possible this game is attracting the Diablo/dungeon crawler crowd which likely don't want virtual open worlds and freedom to do things.

Honestly OP, I don't find you issues with the game to be a big deal.  They appear to be easily fixable as well.

Would you believe that some of us don't care about sandboxes?  How about you let me kill my 10 rats and you can go plant your digital herb garden ;)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

Just to comment on this one I believe if you type the persons name you can send them a tell that way.  I'm always getting that come up for me when replying to someone in general chat and it trys to send them a tell instead of put it into general.  Try it and see.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Braindome

PvP is nowhere near as imbalanced as SWTOR was when it first came out and in all honesty it is way more balanced that WoW with its twink Rogues. I think the PvP is very well balanced unless you get zerged which common sense will tell you you need to block or dodge so that doesn't happen, so yeah I disagree, pretty balanced imo, especially considering it just launched.

Otherwise the only thing I agree with in your post is this:

That is indeed truly annoying.

Nobody should be complaining about PVP balance unless its at endgame.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

The game is still in beta, why not send some feedback to them? Make it reasonable to read though. :P

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

What I've taken from the OP:

There's very little to complain about, just nitpicking.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

Originally posted by Draemos
    Tried that, mail got lost. Bunch of high level runestones too.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by Draemos

Tried that, mail got lost. Bunch of high level runestones too.

It works fine for me.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

Added a few more in an edit to the main post. Some pretty annoying things that need to be fixed.

Originally posted by reeereee

Yeah I do but it isn't exactly game breaking since the camera is set good for what it is. Now if it was a different camera angle that was locked then I would hate it or further back.

Originally posted by Jorl
    Originally posted by bezado 1. When you log out you go right back to the login screen where you have to put your info in again. 2. Control Wizards look ridiculously stupid the way they look in casting animation. Holding that sphere and when not in combat it floats on side their heads. Seems really dumb to me and quirky, not a fan. What dev made it like that needs to be kicked. =) 3. Mail - Character@handle WTF is this crap? I sent something using just a name and it sent but never arrived. Guess you got to do that dumb stuff character@handle is lame. 4. Not being able to simple /t (name) to send tells. 5. PVP scaling. The system scales you up to level but this poses a huge imbalance for players who for example pvp at lvl 20 and scale to 29. Players who were 29 who entered are stronger. The PVP is not balanced as of yet. Also the PVP is very linear and boring at the moment. I think they hashed this together just to put it in for launch because it is really lackluster. Other than these 4 issues I think the game has lots potential to grow and polish. Nowhere near the polish and ease of use that WOW has for an example.
    The game is still in beta, why not send some feedback to them? Make it reasonable to read though. :P

The game launched, they are taking money from people. They are hiding behind the word Beta so they don't get so many complaints of a buggy game. They can say well it's still beta guys this is the issues that pop up. If they wanted it to be Beta they should never started taking peoples money from cash shop period.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759

Yup all correct except number 4, I have no problems typing /t name , it even have autocompletion.

And one more thing, if you are holding down mouse button to attack (which you are), the game queue so many attacks it is not always possible to double tap out of red circles even if you do it same instant it appears. Depens on what attack animation and how far you are in it I think.