Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Dodge High Speed Challenge This Weekend

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Defiance player with a competitive bent will want to head into the game this weekend to take part in the Dodge High Speed Challenge. Players can earn some pretty sweet Paradise Faction Colors from a vendor that will only be available on these special weekends.

Dodge Challenger Paradise Faction Merchant Color Options:

- Dodge Challenger Plum Crazy

- Dodge Challenger Bright White

- Dodge Challenger Billet Metallic

The Dodge High Speed Challenge events will only be held every few weeks, so take advantage of them each time they are activated to claim Paradise Faction!

Start Date: Friday, May 3rd 12:00pm PST (UTC Friday 7am)

End Date: Monday May 6th 12:00pm PST (UTC Monday 7am)

Read more on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Oh yay, here comes embedded advertising. Coming soon to every MMO near you.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by mCalvert

why complain, its better then haveing the game practicly force you ihnto useing the cash shop

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    I'm a fan of advertising in games where appropriate. It's a post-apocalyptic word within a generation of today. It makes sense that they'd be using modern models to get around in.

• Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Instead of complaining about it, you should be thanking Dodge. Companies pay big money to do things like this, and that is one of the reasons you aren't paying $9.95-$14.95 a month. Anyways, what is wrong with using a companies name from today, for a game based in the future of OUR dimension on Earth?
  • CEOIIICEOIII Member UncommonPosts: 26

I think it makes sense as long as it's believeable that the company will still be around in the future. Dodge? I can see that, they make a good car. (They make better trucks, but that's another thread.) But you know who else is sponsoring Defiance?

Axe.

Does anyone honestly think that overpriced, shitty smelling body spray company will still be making their godawful product in 2046? I'll be shocked if they make it another 4-5 years.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Everyone knows Axe body spray is hellbug repellent. It's the only thing that smells worse than their shtako.

Joined - July 2004

• CruizerkeCruizerke Member UncommonPosts: 68

They have Dodge written into the lore, well the challenger anyways. There was a large amount of challengers found in Detroit in a place where teraforming had covered it over and preserved them. They were pulled out and modded by a group that I forget the name of, but eventualy law keepers ended up with them.

Since they have a company sorta integrated like this in the game, I think it's kind of cool how it's written into the backstory so it atleast gives it some sense of fitting in.

• TokenaruTokenaru Member Posts: 58
    reminds me of Demolition Man with the future Taco Bell
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Squeak69
    Originally posted by mCalvert

why complain, its better then haveing the game practicly force you ihnto useing the cash shop

Because I hate advertising.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Any vehicle competition is useless and unbalanced in Defiance still. MMORPG.com should look into details of a game before advertising for a broken game. 

Each rank a player earns unlocks driving enhancements for that vehicle type, but what the problem is that once you reach max rank, your skill will randomly reset back to rank 1, losing all benefits earned. 

It's a known bug since alpha and you can ask any GM about it, but all they will reply is that there is no timeframe on when it will be fixed.