Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love it or Hate it, you have no choice

2»

Comments

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Mkilbride

Well, happy to say, by the end of 2015, you will have another choice:

Camelot Unchained

http://camelotunchained.com/en/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This game is built upon three main pillars of gameplay, RvR, crafting and housing. These will receive all the development love they need to be great, and all these systems will be in place when we go LIVE. What differentiates Camelot Unchained from other games with similar systems is that we will tightly intertwine these pillars with each other. Here are some key elements for crafting and housing:

·Camelot Unchained features a totally player-driven economy. There won’t be drops from the NPCs, no redeemable tokens or anything like that.

·There will be a “pure” crafter class with its own unique leveling track.

·There will be no auction house for player-created items. Crafters can have their own stores and either sell there or directly to players in a bazaar-like setting.

·Crafters will be able to build a wide variety of items, including weapons, armor, siege equipment and more.

·Our housing system will allow players to construct everything from huts to mines, and to fortify and rebuild massive structures.

·Players will be able to build structures throughout the world, in both safe and contested areas.

We will go into more detail about these systems, but in the meantime, for more information about them, please refer to the Foundational Principles on our website (www.camelotunchained.com)
    Mark has always called his online games evolutionary with a mix of revolutionary features. This one will be no different, as it will draw a lot of inspiration from “old school” games and MMORPGs while also mixing in some new features. In the rush to cash in on the WoW phenomenon, publishers/designers tried to simply “out-WoW WoW”, leading to most MMORPGs becoming more risk-averse, more “casual player”-focused, and overall, less challenging. This produced, among other things, a loss of the pride and sense of accomplishment that came from succeeding in the older, more difficult titles. We're not talking about spawn-camping for 24 hours straight, but rather the sense of pride from succeeding in a challenging game rather than one which hands you everything on a silver platter. In CU, you will have to earn your skills by deeds, and they will increase slowly over time. Magical items will not be found everywhere like road-kill on highways, so gamers won’t feel the pressure to “keep up with the Gandalfs.”

Since we haven't seen ANY gameplay (the tech demos were a joke), just words and promises and you know how people really follow those.

CU is a wait and see game,

As far as the OP, the game is awful, plays awful, there is no redeeming qualities to it at all.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by botrytis

Since we haven't seen ANY gameplay (the tech demos were a joke), just words and promises and you know how people really follow those.

CU is a wait and see game,

As far as the OP, the game is awful, plays awful, there is no redeeming qualities to it at all.

You like GW2, so who cares.

OT- I still haven't seen enough, or heard enough about DF:UW systems to warrent the upfront cost, and  take time from Age of Wushu. This is why I hope someone responds to my question about DF:UW crafting.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Member UncommonPosts: 643

Uhm, players make Castles with their own time and resources. Losing one will be quite a thing.

Full Loot does not hardcore a game make.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

I'd honestly be massively interested if they had, say, a 7 day trial(at least 7 days, prefer 14)

If the box cost wasn't stupidly high for a 14.95 a month game...

And if it wasn't 14.95. No, I am not saying F2P, or even B2P.

But from everything I've seen, this is easily a 7.99$ / month game. They could draw in alot more subscribers with such a thing, make it up in quantity.

Yup $7.99 or maybe $9.99 at max.  It is a A game charging at AAA rates.  People are already talking over on the DF forums saying look AV no content is a real issue and we need more to do than just kill 150 mobs and have arean pvp in a massive world.  Let's hope they wake up....

"arena pvp in a massive world"

listen to yourself

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by corpusc
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71

I'd honestly be massively interested if they had, say, a 7 day trial(at least 7 days, prefer 14)

If the box cost wasn't stupidly high for a 14.95 a month game...

And if it wasn't 14.95. No, I am not saying F2P, or even B2P.

But from everything I've seen, this is easily a 7.99$ / month game. They could draw in alot more subscribers with such a thing, make it up in quantity.

Yup $7.99 or maybe $9.99 at max.  It is a A game charging at AAA rates.  People are already talking over on the DF forums saying look AV no content is a real issue and we need more to do than just kill 150 mobs and have arean pvp in a massive world.  Let's hope they wake up....

"arena pvp in a massive world"

listen to yourself

I am listening to myself  - I do not need a massive world to have arena pvp in and pay a sub for it at that, lol