Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im so happy.The best mmo finally comes out

124»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by echiya

hell you cannot even whisper to other players until level 15

This is to stop gold spammers.. since they can make unlimited accounts for nothing, something needs to be in there to deter them. Same with using the foundry; they could make bogus quests with gold site adverts in the listing.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • GodEmperorWAAAGHGodEmperorWAAAGH Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by gonewild

Hi everyone i was waiting for this game long enough.Finally we will have the oportunity to play the game and play it totaly free.

This is the best moment of my life.This game is awesome.I was looking for a game to be better  than wow and neverwinter is the game that will change everything.

Thank you cryptic for the best mmo yet.

I wanted to share my enthusiasm with the great mmorpg community.

Anyone knows when the open beta starts  for non founders?

Going to point out the obvious bits of troll bait.

"Finally we will have the oportunity to play the game and play it totaly free."

Mention of F2P and misspelling.

"This is the best moment of my life."

I almost can't hold myself back from making fun of that... must.... resist...

"I was looking for a game to be better  than wow and neverwinter is the game that will change everything."

Calling out the WoW fanatics.

"Thank you cryptic for the best mmo yet."

Cryptic didn't make Final Fantasy XI, Squaresoft did.

"great mmorpg community."

lol!

And the childlike happiness about the game that you just want to crush.

We're dealing with a dangerously diabolical devious troll mastermind here fellas, a troll super villain if you will.

A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one.

• Btk306Btk306 Member Posts: 10
    This game is brutal.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    It really is disturbing to see people actually think this is a good game. They only like it because it is free. Combat is bad, art work is average, voice acting is pathetic, loot system is average. It is the same old hold-me-by-the-hand mmo we have seen a billion times but hey, as long as it is free who cares about quality right ?
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    It really is disturbing to see people actually think this is a good game. They only like it because it is free. Combat is bad, art work is average, voice acting is pathetic, loot system is average. It is the same old hold-me-by-the-hand mmo we have seen a billion times but hey, as long as it is free who cares about quality right ?

Free and because it's Forgettern Realms.  Take away the IP n would gaurantee it won't get near the favorable reviews.

• GodEmperorWAAAGHGodEmperorWAAAGH Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Normandy7

There's no such thing as F2P, either you give them money, or they save it by not having to spend it on stuff real MMO's that are P2P have included like quality, content, decent voice actors, writers, artists, support, etc.

Either way  they make a big profit since they don't have to put much money into the game and and they make more money than the $15 a month from the chumps that buy stuff from their cash shops. It's sad that so few people can see just how much of a scam F2P is.

A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one.

• Btk306Btk306 Member Posts: 10

Everything in this game is a blatent rip off from previous mmo's, and yes I know thats obvious everything is a copy of something. But I feel this game has taken a little piece from every piece of garbage mmo I have played in the past 2 years. On top of that we get to play in a world of  invisible walls, and every zone is a bunch of winding paths with no where to explore. The crafting system being the most dissapointing thing I have seen in ages. That alone is enough to make me not want to play it. You throw in the fact that gold is pretty much useless for anything other then buying your first mount, an overpriced cash shop that you are forced to use if you want to have bag space and a daily astral diamond refining limit and what do you get? A piece of garbage.

As much as I would like to enjoy foundry missions and want to believe its a good idea. Its so limited that im forced to play more boring quests that don't even make any sense. Hulkamania? Blood and Sand? (Spartacus rip off) and many other lackluster unimaginative titles for quests I am forced to do for daily mission rewards. Im not saying that I could create anything better, I am simply stating that my first impression of this foundry has not been what I hoped it would be.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Cryptic games are good fun...for a while.

This has been the issue with the Cryptic Instancing Engine since... well forever really.

Players will love the game for the Honeymoon Period (Because the gameplay is fun and fast while you are new in Cryptic games - and character creation is really great too) but after a couple of months players start to realise that it's all the same stuff reskinned.

Then players get bored and move on.

But don't worry - Cryptic probably already have a team reskinning the game (yet again) to some different IP.  It will release in two years - lifetime subs will be offered in 18 months.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Two things make this game very far from the best mmo: Non open world, and combat rooted in place.

With that said, im still having lots of fun. But i noticed all the classes are more mobile than the wizard. Cryptic just hate wizards. Take away some of their damage and make them more mobile. Even the guardian can walk while covering with shield. Nothing wrong with wizards walking that slow while casting. Come one Cryptic, dont make yourself sound Craptic.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613

so after a week of playing the game its is getting a bit dull. Wash, rinse, repeat... why do i need a group?

The wife and I (CM, DH) have been able to duo anything the game throws at us with a fairly well communicated mix of CC, dodging snaring etc. The game became so monotonous.

All I keep thinking to myself is that "cheering and party for you for saving our bridge" act. I laughed a little but it was so dang cheezy. I remember in EQ after we took down Vox we rand to the tavern then proceeded to get our characters drunk and slaughter stuff in a low level zone, very inefficiently, and handed out gear to the noobs. That was fun.