Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They just took it down for 4 hours - 11PM to 3AM on a Sat night!

jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
Ahhhh! Ruined my Saturday gaming night!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Yeah, I'll agree, not a good time slot to be offline

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It does seem a strange time to do it. Maybe they are addressing some kind of exploit or summat that couldn't wait?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    This is one of those very rare moments where it actually makes sense to say "it's just beta". :)
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

They put it in hours ago , so they could have waited till  midnite cst at least or such ,and yes , they could work late.

If it was truly an "emergency" they wouldn't have waited hours after they announced it.

It's important likey , but they don't want to work too late is my guess.

Enjoying the game lots , but they are starting to come off a bit more amateurish than I would have thought , the whole "we didnt expect this load" excuse is getting a bit old.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I agree if they took it down on Saturday night, then they are patching an exploit of some kind.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

You do realize this isn't prime time for everyone right?

Since the game launched they have done good at rotating maintenance times to not alienate any particular country.  EO at work IMO.  Use the time to go out and have fun, it isn't the end of the world.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    fyi, they also took Champions Online down for 4 hours.

Originally posted by Vayman

Amateur hour at its best then if this is true.

• SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472

i put tons of money into a game and they pull it offline.. wth?

wait.. i didn't spend anything on it.. whew!

now I can go out and have a drink with friend.. pretend to like people.. and call my parents so they will stop worrying.

get home early morning and log back in to Neverwinter.

Saturday night rockz!!

Sz

:o)

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I believe they had a huge infrastructure issue the other night when all of Cryptics games went down.  So like I said they most likely had a good reason.  Just because they patched this game hours ago, doesn't mean they didn't take everything down to patch something across the board for all thier games.
  • VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by Dahkoht
    Originally posted by Vayman

Amateur hour at its best then if this is true.

My wife was playing CO and got the message. CO forums report a 4 hour downtime. I guess something network related at their data centers? I'm with the earlier poster: they must not have had any choice but to bring it all down to repair the problem.

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55

They took it down because the servers were getting pounded so hard that the lag and rubber banding was crazy. They are apparently doing work to allow the servers to handle the load that has been making the last 4 hours very difficult to play though. It sucks but I don't mind if they take them down now if it allows me to play seamlessly like I was before primetime.

Its open beta on a F2P game...entitlement is kind of a irrelevant here...

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Enjoying the game lots , but they are starting to come off a bit more amateurish than I would have thought , the whole "we didnt expect this load" excuse is getting a bit old.

I say fixing the lag/rubberbanding the same day it started and then fixing the queues in 24 hours is pretty impressive. 

Originally posted by strangiato2112

I say fixing the lag/rubberbanding the same day it started and then fixing the queues in 24 hours is pretty impressive. 

Look at the post above you , I saw and heard people screaming about the rubber banding this afternoon , not fixed.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198
    z0mg!!1 murder everyone and burn everything
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Stop complaining!  Atleast you don't play Defiance.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

Originally posted by Daranar

Sadly , as a parent of young kids , full time engineer etc , late Fri/Sat nights is my only real time to play , so unfortunately , I'm about to log into Defiance ,

No , no I'm not , I can't deal with the UI :P

It's likely just more rounds of Leviathan (which I was doing on a laptop at the same time anyway , just was looking forward to playing NWN again for a bit , now wont likely until next weekend )

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Originally posted by Daranar

Sadly , as a parent of young kids , full time engineer etc , late Fri/Sat nights is my only real time to play , so unfortunately , I'm about to log into Defiance ,

No , no I'm not , I can't deal with the UI :P

It's likely just more rounds of Leviathan (which I was doing on a laptop at the same time anyway , just was looking forward to playing NWN again for a bit , now wont likely until next weekend )

As I read "No, no I'm not..." I thought you were about to say "their servers are down too"  hahaha!   Sad testiment to TRION that that's what I think...

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Originally posted by JemAs666
    I agree if they took it down on Saturday night, then they are patching an exploit of some kind.

Yep. 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Look at the post above you , I saw and heard people screaming about the rubber banding this afternoon , not fixed.

It was so minor it was nothing compared to the launch day. I was banding a tiny little bit.. but I still managed to solo a slightly lower level dungeon without any hassle. The launch day we were all over the place.. it was funny as hell.

People will BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM the chat any chance they get. Game was totally playable.. PvP and all. After this it might be perfect, who knows.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I thought this game was in beta. Did they release it already? Because if not, I'm not quite sure you people know what Beta Status means...

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Odd, Dragon server had no performance issues whatsoever, at least in Neverwinter, Blackdagger Ruins, the graveyard zone, cragspire crypts and the skirmish i did.

However, the foundry was down for a few hours earlier and the dungeon queues were acting wonky.  But i saw no issues and heard no complaints about the rubber banding being back.

It certainly hasnt been perfect sailing, but its tough to know what effect 25,000 simultaneous people will have on your server until it actually happens.  You need to expect issues and be able to fix them swiftly, and so far they have done that.

• jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Originally posted by Golelorn
    Originally posted by JemAs666

Yep. 

Actually, several in the PWE NW forum have suggested it could be as simple as Cryptic employees not wanting to work past midnight PST on a Saturday. 

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

I'm just excited that I get to play through the night =)) Gonna go get some coffee and watch some videos, just curious I'm on the   Mindflayer server and was wondering if a relaxed/mature/all content guild or clan is recruiting for this?? Cheers!

• Homura235Homura235 Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Just another sign that this is not a "AAA" MMO. I had high hopes for this game, but more and more it is letting me down. And I am usually the one sticking up for MMOs in forums. For example, I was a huge supporter of SWTOR...up until it went FTP. Yes, I have read several of your "arguments" as to why they took the servers down on a Saturday night, but it still comes down to the fact that THIS WAS A CRAPPY TIME TO DO SO. No, it isn't "prime time" everywhere, but it is at THEIR studios...meaning they did not plan this maintenance time very well. But it just goes along with everything else that is making me not like this game so  much. Admittedly, I didn't pay anything to start playing (considered the $60 pack, but did the math, and decided to wait) but I had to buy a bag and some more bank space (cost me $20), which was fine since the game was "free" so far. But it is annoying that you can't craft bags or buy them with gold. So much revolves around Atral Diamonds, which take forever to farm, or Zen, which costs cash. And other than the financial pitfalls of the game, the gameplay is pretty "grindy" with VERY linear kill/collect quests. The animations are stiff and the selections of abilities/powers is very limited. I'm sure there are other things I am missing, but you get the point. Probably the best thing about the game is the "D&D" title/lore. Whatever. It's something to pass the time until Wildstar and/or ESO come out...