Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

say.. would u pre purchase this game for a beta key?

Comments

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Looks like a big cartoon, not my cup of tea. So no pre-order for me.
  • WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

Definatley

If its free to play with micro transactions ill just not bother with the game

Sub based i'd buy it for £25 (pre purchase)

B2P £50 id pay

• stromp45stromp45 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    I've never done it befor but I'm real excited for this game so yes.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I would never pre-purchase any game for a beta key unless I was sure I could get at least a few weeks to a month's entertainment out of it.

Hype or no hype.

All "hype" means is that the general populace is extremely excited and talking about it. But how does that really affect me? that is on them.

so what i would do is look at the game, study up on it and if it was intriguing then I could make my decision on that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • munkenmunken Member CommonPosts: 5
    I won't preorder this game for a beta key, I will preorder it regardless :)
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    No I want to try it before I spend money on it not the other way around.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• maxtd3maxtd3 Member Posts: 2
    In a heartbeat for Wildstar only!.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by munken
    I won't preorder this game for a beta key, I will preorder it regardless :)

^ same but beta key would be nice as well :P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108
    YES.
  • JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182
    Originally posted by Slampig
    I won't pre-purchase ANY game for a beta key.

I would pre-purchase a game for a beta key if the game seems to be something I would buy on release anyway. Why wait if you gonna buy it regardless? Get the extra goodie of the beta.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

I would for this game

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Ok, I guess I could do that. *ahem* "would u pre purchase this game for a beta key?"

Oh, and my answer to the question is a yes! I sure would.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    hype or no hype im not prepurchasing games anymore. Much less for beta access. Defiance was my last prepurchase. The next game i will buy it will be after launch, after i see if its worth the box price. The last game i bought that i think it was well worth the box price was GW2. A few games ive purchased after GW2 that i should have waited for a good deal although i like them (Tomb Raider, Defiance, Farcry 3, resident evil 6 (RE6 was half the price and still not worth it), and another one that i dont even remember)

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    No I'll do what I been doing with my other games wait until it comes out then buy it and either I like it or got ripped off when it goes f2p.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Originally posted by theDukey
    if its a sub based MMO yes I will.  If they reveal any sort of stupid cash shop, Im afraid ill have to skip it :(

Basically this ^

As much as I'm really looking forward to WildStar there are still a few details I want to know before I throw down the $$, and business model is the biggest.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

If it's P2P, yes i will pre-order, but not for betakey, but for the game itself.

Doesn't matter what they 'offer' or don't, i'll still pre-order, IF it is P2P without cash-shop.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • StrommStromm Member Posts: 243
    Originally posted by ipeka

Lets make the price something of Gw2 which is somewhere round 50 bucks. Would u go without a single thought or wait for an open beta so you can see the content from bunch of ppl who had gotten the game ( videos /livestream )  ?

The point ;  will  this game have the same ultra hype that gw2 had last year?

That right there is some tortured english.

Yes I will pre-order when they become available.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by furbans

Same hype?  Doubtful, GW2's hype I don't see being being matched for a very very very long time if ever.  GW2 presented a lot of innovative ideals (lets not make this a pissing contest plz) or presumabely innovative.  While Wildstar has a lot of intriguing ideals I don't think they will be of a revolutionary or innovative lvl like GW2 was advertised as.

Neverwinter was and is the last MMO I will preorder/founders pack for beta access.  I'll be content with a wait n see now.

... well... I think ESO will have as much n possibley will have greater hype than GW2. 

Did you avoid the CU forums the last 2 weeks?

Haha very true.  I will say though, the GW2 cheerleaders on this site were saying how GW2 was going to change the mmorpg genre forever, which I doubt it will.  The hype was just CRAZY high - but if you noticed, many of the loudest supports of GW2 aren't even playing it anymore.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Yes.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by furbans

Same hype?  Doubtful, GW2's hype I don't see being being matched for a very very very long time if ever.  GW2 presented a lot of innovative ideals (lets not make this a pissing contest plz) or presumabely innovative.  While Wildstar has a lot of intriguing ideals I don't think they will be of a revolutionary or innovative lvl like GW2 was advertised as.

Neverwinter was and is the last MMO I will preorder/founders pack for beta access.  I'll be content with a wait n see now.

... well... I think ESO will have as much n possibley will have greater hype than GW2. 

Did you avoid the CU forums the last 2 weeks?

Haha very true.  I will say though, the GW2 cheerleaders on this site were saying how GW2 was going to change the mmorpg genre forever, which I doubt it will.  The hype was just CRAZY high - but if you noticed, many of the loudest supports of GW2 aren't even playing it anymore.

It amazes me how quickly people forget how insane the hype was for gw2, I've never seen anything like it for any other game, Wildstar hype isn't close, I don't really expect ESO to come close either.  Back in the day I was a gw2 hater but reluctantly had to buy the game because so many of my friends did.  Still play occasionally because Asura are awesome, but the rest of the game is meh to me.

Imo, the CU hype doesn't come close, the fervor is just as high in the true believers but they just don't come close to the numbers the gw2 fans had.  This could change if CU looks promising close to launch.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    No, I would not buy this game to play beta.
  • BlessingsBlessings Member Posts: 66

Without a second thought. Wildstar will be good, and this is coming from the person who refused to buy GW2 when it first came out, or SWTOR, or pretty much every game thats come out in the last two years. I have always been the kind of person to wait and see whats up FIRST after FFXIV burned me. Wildstar on the other hand, while its cartoony graphics, cheesy jokes, and general flow of the game tend to look like WoW, I would be willing to play another WoW. I completely enjoyed WoW for the first few years, it was an amazing game. The rehashed instances and repetitive gameplay bored me though, and Wildstar shows the same things that made WoW popular, with new things like the multiple storylines, how you can be an explorer/fighter/crafter/etc and get personalized quests, housing, etc.

Honestly its like they took everything that made WoW good in the beginning, put their own twist on it, and added things that people have been wanting for years. I'm interested to see if they succeeded if anything.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Why would I pay extra for doing work. And playing just for the game in beta is just simply ruining your hype and experience. I'd prefer playing a fresh game at launch rather than burn myself in beta to just get  bored quickly at launch.
  • ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224
    With the exception of low budget games companies only offer open beta invites for pre-purchasing a game and open beta is 6+ months away.  WS being a AAA game there is almost no chance they would offer anyone a closed beta invite for a pre-purchase.  That being said I don't support paying money to get into a beta.  Companies that ask for such a thing generally want customers to pay before trying  their game because the product is not very good.  But for WS I would consider paying if it was an immediate invite as I am so excited about the game.  Not to mention playing a pre-rder for 6+ months of beta would be a pretty decent return. Plus that saves 6 months of constantly checking my spam email folder each day over the possibility of an invite going to the wrong folder and the daily checking of the fan forums for new news.  That in itself would be worth paying $50.00.
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

I won´t be expending a single coin untill i have tried the game by myself in some kind of OPEN beta.

I´ve learned well from previous mistakes....