Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is a real MMO unlike GW2

2»

Comments

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by DarkVergil
    Too bad the game is a pile of shit.

This...LOL

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Nightgroper
    This thread, filled to the brim with bait.

This ^

Typically 'my game is better than yours, therefor my game is a real game & yours isn't' bullsh@#.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    This is the first time I've ever re-encountered someone I have blocked.  The original post was hidden, and for a moment, I thought MMORPG.com had adopted an up/down vote option like reddit.  Turns out he was just a user I had blocked a while ago.  A quick glance at this thread and I can see why :)
  • kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Originally posted by getona

If you want to play a real MMORPG this is it.

NO hype no BS Marketing its a real MMORPG.

NO instance PVP "WvWvW" mini-game crap.

100% Seamless World.

100% Open World meaningful PVP.

No Deadzones.

Dear sir, to put it in a better perspective,

they are both great games in their own rights, the big difference is the audience they cater to is as wide as the grand canyon.

A casual in Darkfall will most likely come to hate  the game.

A hardcore sandbox pvp player in Guild Wars 2 is also likely to hate the game eventually.

so I ask myself didn't these players read any info on the game prior to buying it?

It'd be fully obvious which one you would enjoy if taken the time to read of view some videos about them, or at the very least try them on for size than you'd know.

Darkfall caters to the hardest of the hardest old school sandbox type players:

I have tried darkfall and I admit it is not for me at all, I wouldn't say it is a bad game just to hardcore for my casual tastes.

some of the things that I do not think are bad but still make the game not for me

- full on pvp lootable corpses, you lose a battle you lose all the loot and items you carry, it sounds exciting but that is just not for me

- feats that require killing a 1000x enemies, again i'm a casual so no thank you.

- indepth crafting sounds interesting alright but the time it consumes makes it again way to hardcore for my casual style soul.

Are you starting to see the trend with this game ? 

it's a huge time invetstment and commitment, just like EVE is, which is why I don't play EVE either even though I love the whole concept of it.

- the overall animations are absolutely horrible in darkfall, they got the physics awesomely right but leaves much to be desired on the fluidity aesthetics department of all the animations, this is an issue inherited by many hardcore games not just darkfall, they tend to think aesthetics are meaningless. To a hardcore player they apparently are but to me as a casual I like the fluidity of the animations and the beauty of Guild Wars 2.

On the other hand there's little I do not like about GW2:

- legendaries on the trade post ( auction House) these are not suppose to be sellable at all and should be account bound.

- precursors on the trading post same issue as above, these are both hugely debated current game issues right now.

in general I believe both games deserve credit where credit is due.

if you're a avid hardcore pvp sandbox style player I understand why you might not enjoy GW2.

if you're a casual I fully understand why you'd think Darkfall is a horrible game.

In closing:

My hardcore player days are over I can't and do not have that kind of time anymore there's so much more to do in this world

and even if I did find myself with that much time in my hands I'd still not return to the hardcore scene again. 

it was fun to play 12-16 hour sessions back in the day, now that is just unrealistic.

- Brings back the no life outside of gaming VS having a life outside of gaming issue all over again.

I'm a casual now and I absolutely love the fact I can login play for 45 minutes to an hour and acomplish something towards my overall goal.

I still love games, I'm a gamer for life

Just not a hardcore gamer anymore.

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    Correction sir; GW2 is not a MMO or a game.  it is 'press' button 'A' to get item 'B' or press button 'C' to get item  'D'. It is an advance version of vending maching.  Even wow is better than GW2...

technically everything is like that. DFUW is quite close to being more pve centric at this point. at least you can hop into pvp at any time gw2. in dfuw you have to grind out 5/30/150 mobs to get 15k prowess to be pvp effective. also before you respond with something wrong: i play both regularly.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

You guys talking in a troll threadimage

1/10 OP

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397

100% Seamless World.

No Deadzones.

You sir should learn the definition of MMORPG.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Punk999

1/10 OP

Please!

At 30+ replies, it's worth at least a 6/10.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Neither one would I consider a good mmorpg.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

1/10 OP

Please!

hmm very true

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• ClockworkSmilesClockworkSmiles Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by PrinceDamien

The crafting in this game is very simple....  but it works because  this game focus is FFA PVP.

Graphic is like RIFT, animation 5/10 compare to RIFT.

Best Graphic for sandbox gameplay MMO with persistant world.

I would actually say that EVE Online has the best graphics for  a sandbox MMO.  ...IMO.

I'm not sure EVE is even a sandbox. Can an on rails MMO be considered a sandbox?

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ClockworkSmiles

The crafting in this game is very simple....  but it works because  this game focus is FFA PVP.

I would actually say that EVE Online has the best graphics for  a sandbox MMO.  ...IMO.

I'm not sure EVE is even a sandbox. Can an on rails MMO be considered a sandbox?

Well, now there's a first. :) I'd have to say that you're the first person in ten or so years that I have seen use "on rails" to describe EVE Online.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

1/10 OP

Please!

hmm very true

See?!? This thread is getting awesome!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by botrytis

100% Seamless World.

No Deadzones.

Too bad the game is a POS.

100% open world PvP - gank-fest.

LOL - keep telling yourself the above. You might actually believe it it one day. I will play GW2 and you can play the 'poser' game.

Spoken like a true defensive fanboy and a carebare afraid of real WPVP. I don't even get how you can handle playing GW2 for more than a week every few months, it's just so bad and feels like a game made for elementary kids, and the story feels like it was written by a C+ 6th grader.

That's a real assesment of the game, I'm not trolling or flaming. It's pretty bad.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

100% Seamless World.

No Deadzones.

Sorry, I will take the AAA sequel to the AAA MMO that is b2p than the mediocre sequel to the mediocre mmo that is s2p any day.

Besides, you haven't done anything to convince me that GW2 is worse than DF.  Why is it better, the PvP?  Ever consider the possibility that not everyone likes PvP, that people prefer games where players are encouraged to cooperate and show off the best the gaming community has to offer rather than games where players are encouraged to stab each other in the back and show off the worst the gaming community has to offer?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by bcbully

That's Age of Wushu.

100% seamless that's DF:UW. AoW feels seamless though :p

Huh, I always thought Second Life had the best graphics a persistant world sandbox MMO could have.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Well, now there's a first. :) I'd have to say that you're the first person in ten or so years that I have seen use "on rails" to describe EVE Online.

Well I've been playing it recently and realized that everything is on rails, you click a destination and fly to it on one of a few predetermined paths, and you can't get off those paths from what I can tell.

I 'm talking about the traveling, not the progression.

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    Real MMO = code word for dogshit?
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    so is this one of the Hogg members trying to bring people in that will play in their safe zone?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

100% Seamless World.

No Deadzones.

Oh and you forgot on one thing - HACKERS! Hackfail ftw, the shit will end same way like the version before

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    If you had said MMORPG, I might have agreed with you. GW2 is severly lacking in the roleplaying department. Even so, what you said isn't saying much. The retention rate for GW2 is pretty low. It was a fun ride until the content ran out......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

This discussion has been closed.