Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta looks nice but what after?

Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Hi all,

I tried now NW. Must admit it very polished and smooth for beta, even if I dislike character models and not sure about combat.

Just wanted to point public attention to the problem with Forsaken World, another PWE game. Seems NW beta use FW resources or staff, but for like 3rd weekend they have server issues making game totally unplayable.

If you asking me what it has to do with NW, I tell you: same company, PWE, can fail NW as they do now with FW.

I know it's not the best things to tell about new game, but just be warned about company who will run this game and take your Item Shop money.

Plus, is it my impression or NW is pretty much Cash Shop oriented? I mean do you need to pay for mount, gear etc with real money?
I was not too far into the game to find out myself, but by looking IS and market, I have impression, we need to pay for all....

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You can get everything in the cash shop without paying a penny of real money.

It'll take you longer.. but it can be done.

The cash shop will tempt you. Especially with bank space.. but once people realise you can just mail items to yourself and leave them in your mailbox to store them.. the bank issue isn't so bad.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

If you are going to compare it to something its much like Star Trek online.  You know that other game also made by Cryptic?  They're very similar in their non pay-to-win game system.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Vannor

You can get everything in the cash shop without paying a penny of real money.It'll take you longer.. but it can be done.The cash shop will tempt you. Especially with bank space.. but once people realise you can just mail items to yourself and leave them in your mailbox to store them.. the bank issue isn't so bad.

Do the math on using game generated Refined AD to buy most of that stuff and then get back to me on how realistic it is to NOT pay cash for such things. Almost 90 days getting max RAD, without spending any, for a T3 mount. (And no, selling things on the auction house will not help, because the prices for common tiers items have plummeted). So, saying you can get the stuff out of the cash shop, for in game currency is a half-truth at best, as a practical matter.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Burntvet
    Originally posted by Vannor

You can get everything in the cash shop without paying a penny of real money.

It'll take you longer.. but it can be done.

The cash shop will tempt you. Especially with bank space.. but once people realise you can just mail items to yourself and leave them in your mailbox to store them.. the bank issue isn't so bad.

Do the math on using game generated Refined AD to buy most of that stuff and then get back to me on how realistic it is to NOT pay cash for such things. Almost 90 days getting max RAD, without spending any, for a T3 mount. (And no, selling things on the auction house will not help, because the prices for common tiers items have plummeted). So, saying you can get the stuff out of the cash shop, for in game currency is a half-truth at best, as a practical matter.

I didn't say it was reasonable.. just that it was possible.

You can get tier 3 mounts without directly purchasing one with zen anyway. Shinys are not a requirement. My brother got the nightmare mount on his second lockbox (with zen bought with AD), I havn't tried yet.

Selling things on the AH will help anyway. One day you'll get a nice max level drop from an elite dungeon or summat and sell that for plenty.. few days later you might get another. I'm not saying it'll make it super quick or easy but it'll definately help... a lot.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I mean I don't mind to pay at least a box price for a good game.
    So 50-60$ per year is more than reasonable, what I need to avoid is 1000$ shopping for gear.

1 mount is nothing but should not became start of CS use.

Good news about might, thanks for share!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2