Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

say.. would u pre purchase this game for a beta key?

ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

Lets make the price something of Gw2 which is somewhere round 50 bucks. Would u go without a single thought or wait for an open beta so you can see the content from bunch of ppl who had gotten the game ( videos /livestream )  ?

The point ;  will  this game have the same ultra hype that gw2 had last year?

Comments

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

Same hype?  Doubtful, GW2's hype I don't see being being matched for a very very very long time if ever.  GW2 presented a lot of innovative ideals (lets not make this a pissing contest plz) or presumabely innovative.  While Wildstar has a lot of intriguing ideals I don't think they will be of a revolutionary or innovative lvl like GW2 was advertised as.

Neverwinter was and is the last MMO I will preorder/founders pack for beta access.  I'll be content with a wait n see now.

... well... I think ESO will have as much n possibley will have greater hype than GW2. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by furbans

Same hype?  Doubtful, GW2's hype I don't see being being matched for a very very very long time if ever.  GW2 presented a lot of innovative ideals (lets not make this a pissing contest plz) or presumabely innovative.  While Wildstar has a lot of intriguing ideals I don't think they will be of a revolutionary or innovative lvl like GW2 was advertised as.

Neverwinter was and is the last MMO I will preorder/founders pack for beta access.  I'll be content with a wait n see now.

... well... I think ESO will have as much n possibley will have greater hype than GW2. 

Did you avoid the CU forums the last 2 weeks?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    It's almost a certainty that I will purchase Wildstar when it comes out.  However I am not going to go out of my way to buy into beta before.  If the pre-order bonuses look nice I would consider pre-ordering but I'm to the point where beta access is the least of the reasons to do that.
  • arkoharkoh Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Only if is b2p
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

You are talking about fake beta anyway.  Every company who does this sort of giveaway does their REAL beta in parallel.  By example Rift.  There was the occasional beta // pre-purchase etc thing and the REAL beta. 

You join the REAL beta because you want the game to be the best it can be.  The fake beta is essentially a pre-view and when they do it on pre-purchase it is kind of like a hint book.  Personally doing a preview hurts playing the real game as most games are not very fun in a replay. 

• theDukeytheDukey Member UncommonPosts: 102
    if its a sub based MMO yes I will.  If they reveal any sort of stupid cash shop, Im afraid ill have to skip it :(
  • tordurbartordurbar Member UncommonPosts: 421

Would I pre-order to get a beta key? Yes.

I am one of those who pre-ordered the SWTOR deluxe edition (statue and all) when it was first announced. 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    I won't pre-purchase ANY game for a beta key.

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    With mmo's the way they are these days. I will take the wait and see approach. Far too many times I've wasted my time and money on today's mmo's only to play them a month or two and uninstall them once I see they're a failed attempt at cloning WoW. No one wants to stand out and make a truly revolutionary mmo anymore, it's big companys with mediocre developers putting out the same crap over and over.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GrohmmGrohmm Member Posts: 7

Well.. It's the best MMO we've seen since WoW so yes, i'll pay for a beta key or an early access.

Never been so impatient about a mmo since 2005 :) This mmo has just everything we want, IF all we heard for months turns out to be present at launch of course.

The main thing that makes me confident about it, is the behaviour of the dev team. It's just perfect. So it's really hard to imagine that Wildstar is not the best future MMORPG.

My expectations aren't unfounded or blinded by the fact that the game is insane. I know for now all there is to know about the game and I can't find a feature, a gameplay or a choice from the devs I dislike. I'm eager to learn more about warplots, raids and how they'll manage flying mounts with the explorer path!

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Nope. I would never prepurchase a game. We know that everything the developers say about the game they are creating is extremely exaggerated. I'd always wait until several reviews are available, before I'd consider buying a game. Unless I'd have bathtubs full of money and needed the space. Then I might prepurchase games.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    I'd buy it for a beta key without a second thought.  I am going to get it anyway so why not
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    gw2 was my last pre-order. no more pre ordering or even buying a game before at least one month pass and check its current state. at least for me a month is enough to see whats happening. if the game is ok then i ll go for it. else i ll give them time to fix things but not with my money, at least not anymore. pations is a virtue
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    The game looks good so far. I would.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Don't pay for a beta, you drooling zombies.

I'm looking forward to this game, and I would sign up for beta, I wouldn't pay for it though, those days are long gone.

I'm not gonna bend over and take it up the ass..

And if its f2p, I'll pass.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by PieRad

I'm looking forward to this game, and I would sign up for beta, I wouldn't pay for it though, those days are long gone.

I would bet a CE edition of this game it's sub.  You can tell from the way the developers talk about the game that's it is going to be.  I also think there will be a cash shop unfortunantly.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by PieRad

I would bet a CE edition of this game it's sub.  You can tell from the way the developers talk about the game that's it is going to be.  I also think there will be a cash shop unfortunantly.

sub + cash shop?  this sucks if its true.

despite i am paying subs for more than 10-12 years in mmo's, i was mostly against them. but you know something? you dont appreciate something until you loose it.

now with all the f2p/p2w and b2p with cash shops etc i m a BIG fan of sub based games. if i like a game and want to spent my daily time on it, then ( at least for me ) sub is the only way.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern
    Originally posted by furbans

Did you avoid the CU forums the last 2 weeks?

The game was a kickstarter and was close to failing.  People talk this n that n speculate bout all games n not to mention they didn't have their own forums so they infested the forums here unlike most games where they have their own website.  The game is going to be a niche MMO and the quality has yet to be seen.  Ideals are great but as an old saying goes, wish in one hand shit in the other.

Until the game has a workable beta and trailer or demos its not even considered.  I guarantee that many will rage when the final product or close to final product does come out.  CU is an ideal at the moment, the hype talked bout here are games that have being developed and have something to show.  CU is very far from that.  15k backers is not a whole lot either which goes to show that its the few n vocal.

And quite frankly I wish all the CU fans take their damn discussions to a CU fansite as these constant speculations threads are getting damn annoying.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

if I had the same amount of information before pre-purchasing GW2, as I did, and liked what I saw, I would certainly pre purchase...really amaze me how people can claim GW2 were all hype and nothing more.....god damn pretend to be nerds and actually look at the information available to you, before claim something is just hype...if you claim GW2 were nothing but hype, no upcoming game can ever be anything but hype at all, GW2 is simply the single game that presented the most factual and accurate information and gameplay video´s before release, that I have ever seen.

anyway as of title people have proven they are willing to pay for a beta key - not this one though, I ll do the open beta´s no matter how they try to present them as actual beta´s

• Cor4xCor4x Member Posts: 241

I would pre-order a game for beta access if it was through Amazon. I can cancel those.

In fact, I've canceled 3+ now and gotten my money back.

Otherwise, no.

If it was FTP, then no. I'd wait until it launches and then try it. If it annoyed me, like Neverwinter, I'd delete the client and move on.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Usually, I wouldn't, but I would make an exception for WildStar. It's disappointing that they haven't already offered this.
  • PanthienPanthien Member UncommonPosts: 559

I wouldnt pre-order for a beta key.

That said, if a game is apealing enough to me I dont have a  problem with pre-ordering, the beta would be nothing but a bonus and probebly not not even that. Since most of the time the stage they enter the pre-order betas is at the stage you would get invited to through the beta application on their page.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Maybe... i mean i have in the past for others.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I have in the past for other games,buy I wouldn't for this one.Just doesn't interest me.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    I would pre order for beta access as there is nothing worth playing atm mmo wise