Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magitek Armor

DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc

Wow, Final Fantasy 6 makes it return in style to XIV :)

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584
    Not bad

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I wonder if there will be mounted combat. Maybe we would be able to customize our magiteks.
  • PwnagraphicPwnagraphic Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    I wonder if there will be mounted combat. Maybe we would be able to customize our magiteks.

Yeah there's been very little info on them at all.. I haven't even seen if we get them as mounts I think everyone is just assuming xD

I doubt they'll be there for combat, though. I think just Chocobo's will work as combat aid and mounts.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

They've already confirmed you can customize your magitek armor and your chocobos.

Chocobos can be used in combat as a pet.  You can customize them with whatever armor you want, and it will not affect its abilities.  The chocos abilities are based on like a "talent tree."

Magitek armor is for traveling, however, I remember Yoshi-P saying you can dye your armor with the colors you want.

He may have also mentioned content in the future involving magitek... but i coudl be wrong... I can't remember.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    If they can develop content around utilizing the Magitek armor in battle then I'd be all for it.  WoW was able to utilize a UI for their vehicles in various scenarios so I don't see how it would be very hard to do so in this game.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    This game has been wowified beyond belief.
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

No it hasn't :) .   There are similar elements but there are far more different elements than not.   There will be an open beta in a month and a half.

I encourage for everyone to try it.  It's free, you have nothing to lose.  Don't let me or anyone else give you an opinion you should form for yourself.

• cyberkillcyberkill Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by ZizouX

They've already confirmed you can customize your magitek armor and your chocobos.

Chocobos can be used in combat as a pet.  You can customize them with whatever armor you want, and it will not affect its abilities.  The chocos abilities are based on like a "talent tree."

Magitek armor is for traveling, however, I remember Yoshi-P saying you can dye your armor with the colors you want.

He may have also mentioned content in the future involving magitek... but i coudl be wrong... I can't remember.

You would be correct there. Yoshi-P said that they are not completly decided on if the magitek armor will be a combat pet as well

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    omg my heart stopped when i saw a 3d terra and the magitek soldiers riding to narshe...brings back memories...FF6 was the best!

how is that wowified thats the magitek armor from final fantasy 6.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magitek_Armor?file=Terramagitek.jpg

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by tkreep

how is that wowified thats the magitek armor from final fantasy 6.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magitek_Armor?file=Terramagitek.jpg

believe he means the game as a whole not the topic at hand.. just my guess

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by ZizouX

No it hasn't :) .   There are similar elements but there are far more different elements than not.   There will be an open beta in a month and a half.

I encourage for everyone to try it.  It's free, you have nothing to lose.  Don't let me or anyone else give you an opinion you should form for yourself.

Open Beta is Phase 4 and Yoshi said at the an event Phase 3 wont start till early June. Open Beta will be in July.

Magitek armor is looking pretty cool can't wait to get one.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Ok this version actually looks decent.

What they called Magitek in the first version of FF14 was a tower with wheels AND legs and a hilarious amount of slow moving wings.

Harbinger of Fools
    Originally posted by Nitth

How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.

you can get past the fact that all the universes had chocobos, moogles, same summons and creatures and weapons/armor, but this makes you complain?

Let's assume that moogles can cross the different universe's for a minute here. One of those moogles that does is Mog, and since he had non moogle companion's he isn't afraid to go into town and party and he goes to a local tavern and has a few cold ones. He starts talking to the other patrons and telling stories about his universe and the empire and their magitek gets brought up and the rest falls into place... 

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Oh?  How so?  

Oh right you aren't going to actually base this statement on any facts, you are just going to make this bold claim with nothing to back it up.

Cool, nice opinion, if only it was grounded in reality.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Not true.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ivalice

Just to name ONE series that was entirely based in the same world.

Also there are others that are sequels, and others that also share the same world just hundreds of years apart.

As others pointed out, Chocobo's and Moogles are in many games, this is Final Fantasy Online, so it is going to encorporate elements from other final fantasies in it, as Yoshi P himself stated.  

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Not true.

Also there are others that are sequels, and others that also share the same world just hundreds of years apart.

As others pointed out, Chocobo's and Moogles are in many games, this is Final Fantasy Online, so it is going to encorporate elements from other final fantasies in it, as Yoshi P himself stated.  

and of course good old Cid.. has there been any FF game without a Cid?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Nope.

And of course even the Final Fantasy movie (I know, I know) had a Cid.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Man it's too bad this game has such a bland combat system, would easily be the best MMO otherwise. Unfortunatly for me, combat is a big deal and theres no plans to change it from Everquest 2 style anytime soon.
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Man it's too bad this game has such a bland combat system, would easily be the best MMO otherwise. Unfortunatly for me, combat is a big deal and theres no plans to change it from Everquest 2 style anytime soon.

Are you basing that off of 1.0 or current?

The combat system is due for some major tweaks come phase 3, but it will never be action combat like GW2 or Tera.

I enjoy the tab targeting... it fits the FF series very well i think.  There's really nothing wrong with it, it's just a matter of preference.  There are plenty of other options in the market if you prefer action combat.

Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Not true.

Ya and hes always some sort of mechanic or scientist too. But in tactics he was a Holy Swordsman and the most over powered character.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by tkreep

Originally posted by Nitth How does that make any sense to be in the game, Each final fantasy was there own universe.
    you can get past the fact that all the universes had chocobos, moogles, same summons and creatures and weapons/armor, but this makes you complain?

I'm not complaining, Im just confused as to why they would put it in...

Magitek armor was developed by magitek in ff6 for specific purposes of that war, in that universe. It only ever appeared in that universe.

Unlike Mogs, chocobos, and such have appeared in countless ff universes.

I think the issue is that its iconic to that particular installment.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development